who actually put the CISRS Inspection course together.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMnx3FGAkdU]YouTube - ITV Anglia News Scaffolding Sentence & Boy dies from Swine Flu & HumanTrafficking[/ame]

Independent scaffold inspections carried out by competent persons . Geoff you seem to advocate someone with little or no practical knowledge of the access industry competent enough to "sign off" weekly inspection reports of complex design scaffolds (advanced structures). Go and give your head a shake you fool :amazed:

YouTube - ITV Anglia News Scaffolding Sentence & Boy dies from Swine Flu & HumanTrafficking

Independent scaffold inspections carried out by competent persons . Geoff you seem to advocate someone with little or no practical knowledge of the access industry competent enough to "sign off" weekly inspection reports of complex design scaffolds (advanced structures). Go and give your head a shake you fool :amazed:

I Have at no point said that I advocate giving someone with little or no practical knowledge the ability to do anything..I have said that the person signing the report is the person that is ultimatly responcible for its correct construction.

How much expirence do you need to be able to understand what is written down in the British Standards
If you feel that makes me a fool, then I need say no more

I only want the gezzers name so I can contact them directly to correct the situation. Pm me with it. saves any naming and shaming on here...

What is under discussion here British Standards or Statutory Requirements ???...

I Have at no point said that I advocate giving someone with little or no practical knowledge the ability to do anything..I have said that the person signing the report is the person that is ultimatly responcible for its correct construction.

How much expirence do you need to be able to understand what is written down in the British Standards

WTF.

No wonder training is so bad.

What do you need to know :sick:

To answer your question Geoff a lot more knowledge an experience than you yourself appear to have .

"As from 1st January 2011 the Health and Safety Executive will no longer acknowledge BS5973:1993 (British Standard) as a recognised standard for the design of tube and fitting scaffolding structures"

come on simian you write everything for nasc/cisrs , so who was it? citb has nothing to do with cscs.

Pud, this one does not have our stamp on, all I know is it was put together by CITB bircham newton and a couple of other training centres as a working party. it's sanctioned by cisrs. We bought the courses off Cisrs.
That's all we know, if I was to write to anyone I would write to David Mosley details available from the cisrs website he is the scheme manager.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Do you need any form of scaffolders card to gain an advanced scaffold inspection ticket?

Stewart

Stewart, there is a criteria but I am not in front of my pc to read it but the advanced inspection is tapered for scaffolders, engineers and other experienced operatives in scaffolding that can demonstrate experience.

The Hse have a criteria, the NASC have one that looks very similar, if I get time I will upload them both.

The bsi or basic scaffold inspection course is aimed at site managers, safety advisors, project managers and up and coming inspectors, I taught 9 on a bsi and four scaffolders failed and the site managers passed.

Ian

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Swifty, feel free to jump on the bandwagon 'what's your opinion?

Thanks for the reply. I am told by the HSE that you would need an advanced scaffolders card to gain an advanced inspection card.

Or so they were led to believe:unsure:

After all it would be like driving an 18ton truck with a cycling proficiency badge otherwise!! Very dangerous!!

Stewart

Simian

Are you at liberty to inform us in what area's did the Scaffolders fail ?

Garry...

Simian

Are you at liberty to inform us in what area's did the Scaffolders fail ?

Garry...

Scaffolders failing a course that is so unheard of.. did they knock the two days?

Last edited:
---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Swifty, feel free to jump on the bandwagon 'what's your opinion?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the invitation,

My opinion is, to inspect advanced scaffolds you should be at least an advanced scaffolder.

Last edited:
Simian

To be quite honest that is very disappointing, however, it is either a reflection on the diligence they payed whilst attending their Scaffold Course or pure complacency on their behest either way it is totally un acceptable. They should have been made to re-sit their Basic Card---failing at such basic's, shocking...

Garry...

Top Bottom