who actually put the CISRS Inspection course together.

I Know the name of the man who put it together, in fact I know the person who put it together........I also know that the SIS was not put together with scaffolders in mind, They are more than welcome to attend the course in order to gain evidence of achiving the industry's standard for carrying out an inspection of a basic scaffold.
The inspection course was designed to give those people that are legaly responcible for the safe condition of the structure enough information to be able to identify when the scaffold does not meet industies requirments( minimum british standards.
Unfortunatly we have been going through a long period of time where standards are being up dated to remain in line with Europe and to be usable, this is causing a lot of confusion and yes some of the people that are delivering the CISRS inspection course and not making the candidates aweare of the new chenges, but unfortunatly in most cases it is the scaffolders that are mis-informed and because both they and the piers are continuing to work outside on the minimum requirments on a daily basis when they attend these courses they resist accepting that they may be wrong.
The HSE has a free information line where the most upto date information can be obtained, I wonder how many scaffolders call it.....?
Out of interest what was the information that was given out that was wrong..?
All of these courses should have " any questions" at the end of each topic where any of the candidates are welcomed to challenge any of the information.
Most if not all the people I know that deliver these courses will have a copy of TG20:08 on their desk along with the british standards for fittings, Boards, Ladders and do not quote facts that they can not show the correct answer to in writing.

I have been casually monitoring, with some mild amusement, some of the ridiculous rantings on this forum during my Easter holiday.

But I must say that the comment highlighted is probably one of the most sensible things anyone has posted on this forum to date.

All true. (Apart from the typo)

Last edited:
I have been casually monitoring, with some mild amusement, some of the ridiculous rantings on this forum during my Easter holiday.

But I must say that the comment highlighted is probably one of the most sensible things anyone has posted on this forum to date.

All true. (Apart from the typo)
You forgot to mention the spelling Phill.

they and the piers, surely it should be, they and their peers.

contreversial that......or is it controversial

Maybe controversial for some of the dreamers and followers on this forum mate.

But all true nevertheless...

(and I'm not referring to you two. You posted before me, that's all)

Last edited:
Who are the dreamers and followers on this site Pip?

controversial

Controversial indeed.

But I won't name names - It's a bit obvious whom I'm referring to. Have seen some amazingly stupid posts and claims during the last week.

I also noticed someone mention my name in a negative tone whilst he was evidently drunk.

It's a good job I'm not a little cry-baby, or I'd make a big statement claiming that I'd never post again, only to come back under a different username a few months later.....

Who are the dreamers and followers on this site Pip?

hope its me cause i dream about cr!p every day recon we should have a age poll then we could tell who knows what or who baffles brains with bull s!it its a scaffolders forum not a quiz show lmfao!!

hope its me cause i dream about cr!p every day recon we should have a age poll then we could tell who knows what or who baffles brains with bull s!it its a scaffolders forum not a quiz show lmfao!!

Correct :)

OK. I missed something so im rewinding,wished I could do the same with my age dico lol.

intresting thread this one has a bit of everything i must say lol universal architects to conspiracys to bad spelling magic.

Top Bottom