What is going on !!!

Close Hatter, think it was the other way, £6,800.

Close Hatter, think it was the other way, £6,800.

But who is actually complaining? The customer, the company who got the job or the company that didn't?
We quite often don't get awarded contracts as the clients go with cheaper prices such as those offered by multi-national industrial solution companies who pay their scaffolders a third of the salaries we pay ours. Its tough but its life.

Which if you are a shareholder, mortgagor or investor with the Nationwide you will indirectly pay for that very expensive scaffold, and you can guarantee the scaffolders won't be paid any more than if Ragscaffs men built it.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

That's 425% above Ragscaffs price.

Maybe the banks insurers insist they use a NASC registered scaffolding company? Maybe they insist the bank uses builders who are members of the Federation of Master Builders if that esteemed organisation are still going?
Cheap isn't always best. That is very evident out here as I am sure it is back there.

The thing is NASC is a limited company that represents around 200 scaffolding companies in the UK.How they run thier company is down to them and no one else.

They punch well above thier weight in the scaffolding sector.They spotted a large gap in the market when they translated EU directives into a working formula for tube & fitting scaffolding in the UK.

On googling "scaffold contractors UK",it returned 14,800,000 hits.Discount 99% of them you are left with 148,000.So 200 members of NASC are a very small % of scaffold contractors in the UK

The SCCR on the other hand is a grass roots organisation attemping to get scaffolders consultation rights in the ivory towers that control our daily lives while at work.

I have a lot of respect for Stewart and the other lads involved with the SCCR,it is a lot harder to "build" anything, than standing on the sidelines sneering and jeering

I am not a member of the SCCR or NASC

Interesting when you consider that there are approximately 195,110 electrical trade employees in the UK according to Experians Labour Market Intelligence 2012.
So if as you say there were 148,000 scaffolding contractors in the UK and each only employed 3 scaffolders that would mean there are 444,000 scaffolders so over twice as many.
I would assume the majority of the scaffolding contractors would employ many more than 3. Does anyone know exactly how many scaffolders there are in the UK? I couldnt find any figures from Experian.

Can't remember the exact figure but it is on scaff mag. I do remember it is no where near the amount quoted so far.

I did see a list once broken down to their card qualifications, it seemed very low to me but as I said I can't remember the exacts and anything I post would be a guess.

I think the number of scaffolders of all types is much less than that.

according to scaffmag there is 5500 trainee scaffs , 15,000 basic , 8000 advanced , this info is from an article that asks the question should scaffs get credit from training agencys as basic scaffs dont seem to progress to advanced..

:mad: start rant
Tom - in have been reading your posts & are quite saddened by your inability to comprehend the sccr- putting it against the nasc.
Whist making some valid points uve total missed the reasoning behind the sccr.
And with an attitude like yours the sccr would never grow....the voice we have within this forumn is second to none....where our ability to swap ideas and gain information for free is paramount to the sccr succeeding.but without funding we will only ever be a thorn in their side....
Yes there can be a lot of banter & winding up on here but thats only to be expected
How many members are there n the nasc??
The membership of this website is a direct comparison to which we could have in the sccr- THE VOICE OF THE INDUSTRY...
I dont see the nasc with a website open to all.where information is exchanged for free....no they charge ££££££ for everything ...we all keep on about the 20:13 re-write incl myself but we're not only gotta pay for it but then pay more to implement any changes.
The idea behind the sccr could be one of the biggest to help us within the industry but all things take time to grow tbh if your that tunnel vision about the success that it could achive & by using this forum then go & stay with the nasc
A self appointed - self governing -self regulating body & pay for the thought that you would be driving another nail into the coffin lid of the small & medium sized companies out there......end rant

:mad: start rant
Tom - in have been reading your posts & are quite saddened by your inability to comprehend the sccr- putting it against the nasc.
Whist making some valid points uve total missed the reasoning behind the sccr.
And with an attitude like yours the sccr would never grow....the voice we have within this forumn is second to none....where our ability to swap ideas and gain information for free is paramount to the sccr succeeding.but without funding we will only ever be a thorn in their side....
Yes there can be a lot of banter & winding up on here but thats only to be expected
How many members are there n the nasc??
The membership of this website is a direct comparison to which we could have in the sccr- THE VOICE OF THE INDUSTRY...
I dont see the nasc with a website open to all.where information is exchanged for free....no they charge ££££££ for everything ...we all keep on about the 20:13 re-write incl myself but we're not only gotta pay for it but then pay more to implement any changes.
The idea behind the sccr could be one of the biggest to help us within the industry but all things take time to grow tbh if your that tunnel vision about the success that it could achive & by using this forum then go & stay with the nasc
A self appointed - self governing -self regulating body & pay for the thought that you would be driving another nail into the coffin lid of the small & medium sized companies out there......end rant

Southernpoofter. Not once have I compared the two confederations it would be unreasonable to. If you read some of the posts you will see that I have stated that the industry needs something to bridge the gap between employer and employee and that there is a place Within the industry for the SCCR. i have also mentioned that i admire the work it has done for the ECITB ticket holders. If you can get a voice within the industry then good on you.
Sorry but the rest was criticism of the confederation that needs to be addressed. I'm not criticising it for any purpose other than you need to move forward and make yourself modern. I have no hidden agenda and do not care what person or company is a member but, like it or not, members of the SCCR slate the NASC but do not like it when any criticisms are levelled back.
The Scaffold Association has reared it's head today and posted a few things on Facebook..... Don't get left behind.

I did notice that today, seemed strange to come back from the dead again.

Maybe he read this thread on the SF last night and thought its a good a time as any?!...

Not sure if he will get the same support this time around after falling off the grid so quickly.

I heard that there was couple of meetings but didn't get the expected interest. It would be interesting to see if they are serious about pursuing with an association.

Not how I heard it but who know's.

Top Bottom