What is going on !!!

haha, loose lips sink ships and all that. All rumour and innuendo though, but allegedly a few ready to put their cash where their mouth was, could have proved expensive.

according to scaffmag there is 5500 trainee scaffs , 15,000 basic , 8000 advanced , this info is from an article that asks the question should scaffs get credit from training agencys as basic scaffs dont seem to progress to advanced..

So only 23,000 who hold CISRS cards and are deemed to be competent. Plus 5,500 working towards competency.
Not even 30,000 shared among 148,000 scaffolding contractors so on paper there must be a hell of a lot of not competent men wielding spanners out there?

was waiting for someone to say that HSWT , how many thousand uncarded people out there working for the smaller companys(and big) , keeping carded men out of work ....
:unsure::weird:

interslave have their stupid Kwikstage card so can employ men who arent a part of the cisrs scheme , run by the NASC , that their members of. just as other companys maybe Turners , do they need cisrs scaffs for their **** scaffoldng , or maybe another one who uses another system..:nuts:

not that clued up on the system cards sgb,as well as gkn did it 20 years ago,but i would imagine that nowadays they would be the CISRS Kwikstage/Cuplok cards.Hopefully someone will clarify that

was waiting for someone to say that HSWT , how many thousand uncarded people out there working for the smaller companys(and big) , keeping carded men out of work ....
:unsure::weird:

interslave have their stupid Kwikstage card so can employ men who arent a part of the cisrs scheme , run by the NASC , that their members of. just as other companys maybe Turners , do they need cisrs scaffs for their **** scaffoldng , or maybe another one who uses another system..:nuts:

The men without CISRS cards are not keeping carded men out of work. The CISRS is only the preferred scaffolding qualification.
Maybe they should not separate system and t&f and have one comprehensive scaffolding course that the HSE insist that all men erecting and dismantling access scaffolds have to have???

when i did my part 2 20 years ago i had to do a wee bit of system and also shown the basics of the boss ally tower so i would agree with hswt the course and the cards should be combined then a scaff will be a scaff and the rates should follow

it seems to me that the idea of the system cards is so these companys can employ people who dont have CISRS...

They shouldnt separate it , it should be all together but then there would be no money for training centres , the nasc have chopped our industry up into different qualifications that we must pay for..

so we have people working for big companys who are in the NASC , but these NASC member companys dont see fit to have workers with CISRS ... they really should be applauaded , theyre fuckin genius at how they have the industry sewn up for themselves , not to mention the companys who start agencys to avoid their obligations and to advertise non existent work for these cards to make people get them... again , genius.

the uncarded people and the companys who use them , i think they do keep people out of work..

Last edited:
But they can only suggest people employ people with CISRS cards as that is their preferred scaffolding qualification. WAH regs only says competent. Until a law is passed stating that it was mandatory for scaffolders to have a certain type of card people can employ who they want as long as they are competent.

But even more and more Firms, NASC members or not are specifically asking for CISRS cards before a job is mentioned.

WAH regs cover all persons who work at height, not just Scaffolders.
Its a generalisation, each trade has its own training scheme to cover the workers of that trade, like IRATA and so on.

Or is it more then that?

You need to have a part 1 as a minimum before you get one of these daft system cards. They are not a separate qualification but an additional endorsement on your existing card. If you think fine, just get the scaffs the part 1 then the product, your card will run out after 3 years and you will have to start again.

its pretty much impossible to get a job scaffolding without a cisrs card , unless you are working for/with someone who does have one or working for a small company , as youre not in britain HSWT i think id have more knowledge/a better understanding of this situation/problem..

people being required to have the part 1 before the system card is a pretty recent thing , theres been lots of people working for years with interslaves 5 day kwikstage card..

:unsure:

Last edited:
its pretty much impossible to get a job scaffolding without a cisrs card , unless you are working for/with someone who does have one or working for a small company , as youre not in britain HSWT i think id have more knowledge/a better understanding of this situation/problem..

people being required to have the part 1 before the system card is a pretty recent thing , theres been lots of people working for years with interslaves 5 day kwikstage card..

:unsure:

Exactly St L. I am not in the UK so I am relying on people like you to give me a good description of what is going on back there.

Struggling to read my last post. Can answer the questions so we get sarcastic replies.
The SCCR as I see it: A logo that looks like it should be on a union banner at a strike at 1970's car plant, a shiit website, no direct policies and an unprofessional spokesperson fronting it.
You make the Judean Peoples Front look organised.

Ahh the good old People's front of Judea

well its not good , basically a scaff in scotland wants to get his card , and if he cant get a job in one of the petro-chems , power plants or offshore then you have to be a HSWT person and get to **** out of there..

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Z
images

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

images

Ahh the good old People's front of Judea

W@nkers

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

What kind of person is a HSWT type person?:nuts:

The type who would tell an insurance company he is a bank manager in order to get cheaper car insurance premiums and who would shag anything (see 8 handed gang looking for work thread)

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

well its not good , basically a scaff in scotland wants to get his card , and if he cant get a job in one of the petro-chems , power plants or offshore then you have to be a HSWT person and get to **** out of there..

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Z
images

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

images

So nothing has really changed then? People have always travelled for work if nothing decent is available close to home.

I have always reckoned that is the price you pay for wanting to stay in a beautiful part of the world. There has rarely been a lot of work where I live, travelled most of my working life and set up myself with the main aim of staying at home.

havespannerwilltravel , swifty

i dont see glasgow or scotland as a beautiful part of the world , one governed by snp ******* who want to/will tax everything they can while not creating any apprenticeships for the young or creating any social housing for those who need it , while housing every fuckin pole or immigrant and giving them benefits , no , not beautiful.. at all

Top Bottom