What is going on !!!

Yes no problem. As an official or unofficial spokesperson for the SCCR i think that the way you put yourself across can be unprofessional. You answer questions with sarcastic one line comments without putting across a meaningful response. Phil shot you down with a measured response and offered a valid argument and youre response was to call it drivel. I know phil is sarcasm personified but his response today was bang on and left you flailing. I'm sorry but if the NASC vet this forum like dico stated then it is unsuprising they will not open dialogue with the SCCR. It comes across in your posts that you are anti NASC and that is not helpful to the SCCR cause. I am in no way anti SCCR, the industry needs an organisation to bridge the gap between employer and employee but I think you need to reorganise, rebrand and start from afresh as at the minute you have no clear path.

Do you see anything SCCR on my profile or signature? No.
Have I ever started a thread on here promoting the SCCR? No.
Do I reply to misinformed or misleading posts about the SCCR on here? Yes
This is a Scaffolders Forum not the Masons and what I say on here is my business not yours.
May I suggest you join the SCCR and put forward some of your ideas.
I'm glad you liked Phil but I thought he made himself out to be a right tw.at.

Reading your earlier posts and the use of 'we' when describing the work of the SCCR I naturally assumed you were a very active member.
If its no business of mine what you post on the SF then why post on a public forum? I think you are missing the point as it is a public forum that gives everyone the opportunity to offer an opinion on what everyone else posts. Like a lot of former members I am starting to think that if our opinion does not fit in with the Swifty and others train of thought you get shouted down and ostracised and eventually stop posting. This can only be bad for the forum and one day there will only be you and a couple of other members discussing the weather as no one will bother to log on...

I think you will find there are many different opinions on here.

Sorry for starting this thread!!

It was not an attack on the NASC.

You where supposed to guess the price.

But as usual some members need to attack instead of debate. My company work to risk & method statements, we have the correct insurance, we have well trained scaffolders who may have attended CISRS courses but most of the training is in house. Lorries have daily checks prior to use three monthly inspections etc. All our gear is serviced & painted we even band our boards. Hand overs for every job etc.

We have a local company who happen to be NASC & are taking advantage of that fact, that is what the debate was about?

So thanks Phill again for trying to attack the fact that I have actually got off my arse to try & do something about the poor state of the industry at the moment, yes the SCCR have not got the resources to make major changes but we do have the backing of the HSE.

Yes things have come to a stand still at the moment, I have just lost my Dad & my wife is seriously ill in hospital.

I do not appreciate the assumption that because we are not NASC that we are a s**t company. That by the way is a major chip NASC firms have got.

There are a lot of hard working company's that are more than capable of scaffolding to high standards & that is a key issue we have always put forward.

The forum is for debate I have my opinions & do not see why I cannot share them.

By the way the job was priced at £1600 which was at the current rate for the area. The NASC firm quoted £6800. Must cost a lot to polish the racks!!

I see that as wrong, contractors blinded by an Industry body that then exploits there membership.

Ragscaff

sorry for starting this thread!!

It was not an attack on the nasc.

But as usual some members need to attack instead of debate. My company work to risk & method statements, we have the correct insurance, we have well trained scaffolders who may have attended cisrs courses but most of the training is in house. Lorries have daily checks prior to use three monthly inspections etc. All our gear is serviced & painted we even band our boards. Hand overs for every job etc.

We have a local company who happen to be nasc & are taking advantage of that fact, that is what the debate was about?

So thanks phill again for trying to attack the fact that i have actually got off my arse to try & do something about the poor state of the industry at the moment, yes the sccr have not got the resources to make major changes but we do have the backing of the hse.

Yes things have come to a stand still at the moment, i have just lost my dad & my wife is seriously ill in hospital.

I do not appreciate the assumption that because we are not nasc that we are a s**t company. That by the way is a major chip nasc firms have got.

There are a lot of hard working company's that are more than capable of scaffolding to high standards & that is a key issue we have always put forward.

The forum is for debate i have my opinions & do not see why i cannot share them.

By the way the job was priced at £1600 which was at the current rate for the area. The nasc firm quoted £6800. Must cost a lot to polish the racks!!

I see that as wrong, contractors blinded by an industry body that then exploits there membership.

Ragscaff

found that round whitehaven area 1 company was nasc register and there price was on avrage 4 x the price of any 1 eles fair enought there scaffold were spot on and he never care how long it took as long as it was right but they are also on site werre its crazy money for jobs so he might but using the same pricing on the street

Really sorry to hear of your troubles Stewart. I did hear about your Dad and you have my condolences for what it's worth, never heard the rest. I hope your wife recovers soon, regards to all.

the sccr + NASC , similar situation to Bank of Dave , a small organistion has no chance against a cartel..

Sorry for starting this thread!!

It was not an attack on the NASC.

But as usual some members need to attack instead of debate. My company work to risk & method statements, we have the correct insurance, we have well trained scaffolders who may have attended CISRS courses but most of the training is in house. Lorries have daily checks prior to use three monthly inspections etc. All our gear is serviced & painted we even band our boards. Hand overs for every job etc.

We have a local company who happen to be NASC & are taking advantage of that fact, that is what the debate was about?

So thanks Phill again for trying to attack the fact that I have actually got off my arse to try & do something about the poor state of the industry at the moment, yes the SCCR have not got the resources to make major changes but we do have the backing of the HSE.

Yes things have come to a stand still at the moment, I have just lost my Dad & my wife is seriously ill in hospital.

I do not appreciate the assumption that because we are not NASC that we are a s**t company. That by the way is a major chip NASC firms have got.

The forum is for debate I have my opinions & do not see why I cannot share them.

By the way the job was priced at £1600 which was at the current rate for the area. The NASC firm quoted £6800. Must cost a lot to polish the racks!!

I see that as wrong, contractors blinded by an Industry body that then exploits there membership.

Ragscaff

Oh I wondered when David Icke was going to turn up!

A couple of points:-

Firstly, I didn't 'attack the fact that you got off your arse and did something' fact is that you haven't actually DONE anything. That's my whole point really - you haven't contributed ANYTHING to this industry, yet you constantly attack and undermine people who have.

Secondly, nobody said that because you (or anyone else) wasn't NASC they were an inferior company. If the truth be known, you might want to take a look at your comments about NASC companies. You then wonder why nobody takes you seriously. You quote and reference NASC guidance as what it is - industry guidance, yet you contribute nothing towards the production of that guidance and then criticise others that have.

As Tom Lard said, you come across in a pompous and unprofessional manner, and in my opinion you have a lot of learning to do if you're ever going to be taken seriously by people who really DO contribute to our industry.

exspecially when some members have more than 1 email to log on the forum with!!!

Care to elaborate on this comment dico and how you could possibly know that?

exspecially when some members have more than 1 email to log on the forum with!!!

Care to elaborate on this comment dico and how you could possibly know that?

its not rocket sience is it!!! lunar for you as your beter educated than me:laugh: your like a macrel after a set of feathers you get hooked every time. can see me and you slagging each other off all weekend but hee hoo give it your best

I'm not after slagging you off dico and have not made any attempt to.
I was criticising the SCCR as an organisation not you and I agree with most of the points you have raised during this thread, don't take it personally.

afternoon tom lard didnt no you knew so much about the sccr youve only been a member since january you seem to no quite a lot forget the sccr for a minute but do you think its right that a contractor who isnt nasc registered should loose a contract think your find theres more everyday scaffolders that use this sight that are not nasc registered so why should you have to be nasc registered to get work this needs to be nipped in the bud otherwise the small companys loose out its okay for capes and the larger companys but what a bout joe blogs

It is the clients right to choose. Just the same as it is the NASC's right to have CISRS as the "preferred qualification. Just as offshore companies can insist on employees having offshore experience. The customer is king.

Last edited:
Yes it is the client's right to choose where they spend their money, but a lot are realising the cost implications of using just NASC members.
Which is what the original post was about.

Top Bottom