What is going on !!!

there be emailing each other as we speak d!cks worse dom just ante got a clue he just bounces lol!!! mind you 2 ronnies was beter lol!!

i will be keeping out of this one as i am in a dry state and cant type angry tirades as easily sober.
its also fecking boring so hopefully the boys will up the ANTE tonight and tomorrow night.;)

Dico, I can see where you are coming from and I understand that the smaller one man bands lose this type of work, that is a shiit situation. The other side of the coin, and beneficial to most scaffolders, is that if you work for an NASC company you get paid holidays and all of the benefits that go with being directly employed.
I admire what the SCCR was set up to do but it has achieved very little in changing the scaffolding industry, for scaffolders and companies.I'm afraid that unless the organisation acts and looks more professional and has clear policies written in black and white, no main contractor or major player is going to give them the time of day. All they need to do is look on the SF and see the calibre of the spokesperson on this thread......

It's boring me too. Never mind Roger Nutkins will be along in a minute.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Dico, I can see where you are coming from and I understand that the smaller one man bands lose this type of work, that is a shiit situation. The other side of the coin, and beneficial to most scaffolders, is that if you work for an NASC company you get paid holidays and all of the benefits that go with being directly employed.
I admire what the SCCR was set up to do but it has achieved very little in changing the scaffolding industry, for scaffolders and companies.I'm afraid that unless the organisation acts and looks more professional and has clear policies written in black and white, no main contractor or major player is going to give them the time of day. All they need to do is look on the SF and see the calibre of the spokesperson on this thread......

Meaning?

Struggling to read my last post. Can answer the questions so we get sarcastic replies.
The SCCR as I see it: A logo that looks like it should be on a union banner at a strike at 1970's car plant, a shiit website, no direct policies and an unprofessional spokesperson fronting it.
You make the Judean Peoples Front look organised.

Regional NASC meeting on Tuesday where members will get given updated information on TG20:13 and other industry developments...... Meanwhile on tuesday the SCCR will be glued to the Scaffmag website hoping for a news bulletin regarding TG20:13......

Hello tom,i have to say that it is utterly ridiculous that a self appointed trade regulater can keep tg20;13 a secret from the rest of the scaffolding world unless they're members of the cartel that is nasc,they preach best practice in their tg's and sg's but do b*gger all to promote it to the industry majority,instead prefferring to pontificate to all and sundry about their own members strict conduct when in reality member companie's are breaking their own rules as when suits them:notrust:

ive been payed holidays and all the benefits for the last 20yrs think your find thats the norm with being payed direct yes!! ive done the odd agencey atr ash employment who were subbing for all task and cnd and i was payed very well. depens what agencey you work for. the diference between nasc and the sccr its run on nothing. but its like most things it needs a structure to build on all you hear lately is scaffolders getting payed poor wages nasc dont care they get there fat wages every week from the likes of joe bloggs every nasc member i know and it wouldnt be fair to name. say its a load of olde !!!! but it does bye the client work even when you errect scaffold for the client they get so anoyed as most jobs have to be build to drawings and dont work 9times out of ten as theres something in the way.and it delays the jobs so the drawings have to be re written yes health and safety does need to be put in place but nasc are takeing the p!ss on some of there regs i tell you how much nasc care. a certain member that has a trainning centre hasnt been on this forum as of late. why cos there ante any free trainning being released when it does. watch him pop back

BF I'm not saying that these things (TG & SG) are for certain people only. What I was trying to get across was how little the SCCR has achieved and how it's status is within the scaffolding industry.

BF I'm not saying that these things (TG & SG) are for certain people only. What I was trying to get across was how little the SCCR has achieved and how it's status is within the scaffolding industry.

its not going to achieve anything with people like you.it gave the ecitb scaffolder a voice with a extra year the only reason it wasnt followed up was i told ragscaff not to bother as most ecitb scaffolders were to lazy to fight there corner. so they got away with murder. also the step how many people use that piece of c!ap if nasc arnte bothered by the sccr why do they monitor this sight 24 hours a day. its a free membership now as for the super £10 pound joinning fee do you realise how much stamps and ink cost these days

why hasnt the NASC ever tryed to set out a minimum rate for Scaffolders so that we are at least on a parr with the abseillors and steel erectors
why has there not been any move by the gurus of best practice been any attempt to outlaw price work,which could be easily pushed through on safety policy.
i am a member of the SCCR as in its outset it was really to give the common Scaff a voice but when the NASC and its allies refuse to talk to them who is to blame.
i beleive in the whole training snd SCISRS scheme,but can the amount of cards to be carried for a Scaffolder really be justified.
Is it safe and best practice for some jumped up ex joiner to sign off Scaffolds as and when he sees it fit,because he went on a SCISRS and NASC approved course.;)

why hasnt the NASC ever tryed to set out a minimum rate for Scaffolders so that we are at least on a parr with the abseillors and steel erectors
Because it would cost their members money.
why has there not been any move by the gurus of best practice been any attempt to outlaw price work,which could be easily pushed through on safety policy.
Because they all pay a thinly disguised bonus/price scheme, or they say they will but it doesn't always get to your bank.
i am a member of the SCCR as in its outset it was really to give the common Scaff a voice but when the NASC and its allies refuse to talk to them who is to blame.
i beleive in the whole training snd SCISRS scheme,but can the amount of cards to be carried for a Scaffolder really be justified.
Is it safe and best practice for some jumped up ex joiner to sign off Scaffolds as and when he sees it fit,because he went on a SCISRS and NASC approved course.;)
I would say not.

Sadly i knew the answers to the questions suprisingly it was your good self who answered the question,
100% correct;)

That gang won't answer Happy they just try to spread confusion.

I agree with some of your points dico and yes wages have dropped but we are in a recession it's inevitable.
I am not saying the SCCR does not have a place in scaffolding, and fair play for the stance regarding the ECITB debacle, as i believe that there is the need for experienced scaffolders over some newly qualified 20 yr old straight out of Erith that has no experience but, if the SCCR wants to be taken seriously they need to act like a professional organisation. A modern logo, an email that isn't '@sky.com' and a clear set of policies stating what you want to achieve. What is the SCCR's policy on companies paying scaffolders by CIS and said companies getting out of paying holiday pay to the working scaffolder. Will they lobby organisations to ensure this is rectified or fanny around with impact wrenches whilst pretending they are doing something to benefit scaffolders?

Top Bottom