Top or Bottom

Alistair---great Post and Im in good company with my answer...

Still cant see how you can hit the deck and get a sway ( wind, Facade brace on a T&F Structure ) to run against the gradient...

Garry...

Not sure about that either Gary, suppose it would be akin to bracing a hanger?

aye, but a hanger is only subjected to perpendicular gravitational force...

An Independent on a gradient is subject to gravitational and lateral gradient pull forces...

FFS Gary, I wish you were with me when he told me I was wrong.:idea:

Alistair---Oh for feck sake PMSL---I know Im a pain in the ass sometimes, like a Dog with a slipper PMSL---what a great thread...

I wish that I was there ana, between the both of us wid drive the Instructor roond the twist LOL

haha, he was half way there.

All kidding aside, he was a gent who left his facebook id or whatever you call it so they could get in touch with him if they ever had any concerns. I might poke him, or is that twater?:confused:

i could only imagine the poor wee instructor retreating to his tea shack and let you two take the course lol.

If he was wee he would need too but I reckon he was plenty big enough to stand up for himself.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't be taking the course though.:cool:

Whats with the ....Unbelievably, Paddy was one of the few who got it right. ?

FFs i am clever you know, (Thick *****), think i will just go on my NASA forum where i am also a 'Forum Moderator' after all, it.s only 'Rocket Science'.;););)

Sorry Paddy, but let's face it, if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off on a windy day.:laugh:

Sorry Paddy, but let's face it, if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off on a windy day.:laugh:

May well be, however, who got the original question wrong in the first place:toung: ???????? and on a course at that, wish the younguns that work for you were there, when you fecked up.lol :D

All true Paddy, but as I told the instructor, that might well be how the book say's to do it but like any scaff with half an ounce of ability at planning a basic job out, it's always going to be easier basing out from the bottom.:cool:

The young guns that work with me probably got it right, I got 92% and all the questions I got wrong were the simple part 1 questions, go figure.:embarrest:

I'm not saying I'm right but AOM styley would be always bottom. I know there are times when it's very steep like a pipeline where you may need a back weight to hold the job but for me on everyday jobs I would always build the bottom square maybe a couple of lifts and have all the gear laid out dug out and level, then I would eye through the lift height I was wanting to achieve and hey presto bob's your uncle another invoice in the post.:cool:

haha, he was half way there.

All kidding aside, he was a gent who left his facebook id or whatever you call it so they could get in touch with him if they ever had any concerns. I might poke him, or is that twater?:confused:

And what was this course for?you having trouble with your sexual orientation aom??lol:eek:

haha, I liked him big fish just not in that way.:embarrest:

Alastair i am not trying to be pedantic or anything mate, However, we could be at crossed misconceptions regarding the definition and description of the scaffolding operations wanted applied to a situation with undulating terrain:-

1) Fully boarded foot scaff for bricklayers (uneven, sloping ground) Start from highest point.

2)basing out with system for a working lift (sloping ground) highest point

3)Independent/Birdcage with Working lifts from ground level, Highest point

4) any scaffold not needing a working lift at ground level start at bottom.

My opinion mucca.

Fair enough Paddy, just 2 differing opinions on how to achieve the same goal. I've already stated you were right (even if it was unbelievable:D) I got it wrong but all I'm saying as with a few posting on this thread, just because the book say's it's so, does not make it so.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I should have added a poll.:laugh:

Top Bottom