Top or Bottom

This is just for Marra and JB.;)

i i would start at the bottom you use less gear that way ahaha nar i would start at the bottoms as when you putting you lift in what is 6'6 t the bottom on the next bay might be 3'6 wear as if you started at the top the first lift would be you top lift and the next bay might be 16'6 depending on the slop not only that you would have to erect 2 bay to get it up to high no only this you you have sleves in pritty much every bay if you were to come down the hill that my thoery and am sticking to it lol

Well done matey, same as me but you would be wrong.:laugh:

Read the whole thread, it gives you the answer to the sole pad question as well.:noworry:

Well done matey, same as me but you would be wrong.:laugh:

Read the whole thread, it gives you the answer to the sole pad question as well.:noworry:

lol confused .com lol that seem really good lodgic to me bottom to top ya woulden start scaffolding a house fomr the top would u lol i got sole pad question here had to look was doing ym head in says 1700cm2 756mm long min lol

Seems good logic to me as well but according to the bible we would be wrong but not for any of the far out reasons the heavy philosophers think, it's simply because they reckon you would end up digging far too much of the hill out to get your sole pads level. They are wrong but that was the answer on the course I did.

Have a similar issue on my land. Have a nice flat area at the bottom of a hill that will be perfect for keeping pigs (theres money in pork here). My head tells me to start at the bottom so I can keep stairs and landings uniform even though I may have to dig a fair way in as we get to the top.
If I followed the advice by AOMs training course then I would start at the top but then I would have to alter widths of stairs etc to suit.

i would always go to the top lay a 21 down , then go back to the bottom end and lift that up to 2 meter height then work back up the hill , then repeat down the hill
this would make sure i could always reach the lift ;)

seems good logic to me as well but according to the bible we would be wrong but not for any of the far out reasons the heavy philosophers think, it's simply because they reckon you would end up digging far too much of the hill out to get your sole pads level. They are wrong but that was the answer on the course i did.

theres no logic in that sole pad crk marra turst me if you were only scaffolding the half way up the hill what would stop ity sliding down it quite steap and quite slippy...answer fek all lol which eevr way you look at it you still need to dig out the sole pads and if you thing of physics and geometrystarting at the bottom the weight wants to go down but crnt as you have a set on the flat on top the lower set will wan to go down and nothing will stop it if it wanted to go down and will featch the top set with it..... I do not believe they have fort this 1 threw marra lol uw look at hswt not only does his garden slop east to west but his got a south facing garden uwwww;) lol mind you if his in the southern hemispoher that not to good he needs a north facing 1 lol but rergardless his still inviting all the forum for a babrbie at his expence when job compete lol ;)

on you go lads carry gear up a fecking hill and hope the lifts marry in with the windows,course of brickwork or the guttering etc.
start at the top youve got a rough idea what height to kick off with,and you dont have to march gear up hill,have yous never done price :eek:[/B]

I would prefer to start at the top, as said above. Make sense on the lift heights and also access is easier by walking gear along scaff and then down to your next step down.
If access is from bottom only, then start there and cope with the access onto the scaffold and then walk up hill to base the next section out.
If I had a choice top, middle or bottom, then top it is. When you get back to strike it, then from top to bottom of hill.

Top Bottom