Top or Bottom

Yeah mannie,wait till hes got his advanced.lol

Well said T Animal. Good idea start thread for standards of Bplates. 150x150. 5mm thick,25mm pin??

Well said T Animal. Good idea start thread for standards of Bplates. 150x150. 5mm thick,25mm pin??

Frederik you were so close, but you just fell short by 25mm on the pin, but whats that between friends:blink1:

T. I was talking about the width..forgot to mention the height..

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Psh you're all wrong, you start in the MIDDLE of the slope!!!

Where do you start when theres a basement level rising to ground level.?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
been too busy to catch this early on so back to the original question.
you always start at the top,feck me AOM yer a highlander immagine trying to kick off a job on a slope and then going up hill before long it could slide down and you wouldnt be able to stop it.
it also makes sense to walk along from the highest point to pass the gear down.
ALWAYS THE TOP ALWAYS ;)

For all you guys that start at the top, do you also put the lift around the stack before you saddle up the roof from the tower?

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

From the Irish Code of Practice

3.3.1.2. Sole Boards

Where practicable, timber sole boards should support two standards.

A timber sole board under anyone standard should be at least 35mm thick, at least 220mm wide and 1,000cm2 in area (e.g. 220mm wide by 500mm long).

Larger sole boards (minimum 1,700cm2, e.g. 220mm wide by 775mm long) should be used where the ground is soft or disturbed.

Previously used sole boards should never be used as scaffold boards, they should be marked so that they are readily distinguishable, e.g. the ends should be cut at an angle.

Minimum Base plate if seen was a SGB SCREW PLATE :eek: mind you it was on a sole board 18 " x 9 " banded each end ;)

Quote "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all you guys that start at the top, do you also put the lift around the stack before you saddle up the roof from the tower?

What Tower ?????? Ladder and rope, loverly saddle.:eek:;););)

If you start at the bottom, you can use the newly erected lifts to make building the higher up parts easier. :)

yeap and also if you start at the bottom you can keep the lift hights as you want them as they go up the olde slope!!! i would say if you start at the top and work down unless youve got the olde tape out it could look a bodge at the bottom and if it ante soft ground and concrette you may need a cangoo lol!!! what do i know iam pissed lmfao!!!

last one i did paddy was a multi storey car park lol!!!!! and when i go to asda every week i tell my wife i scaffolded this lol!!!! anyway merry xmas paddy open a can and lets all get pissed again. and save the other pissed nights untill tomorow and the night after and the day up the pub tomorow and the day after and the day after lol!!! ohh and lets not forget new years eve and the day after ohh and the boring day when we go back to work lol!!!

ha ha ha!!! all the best to you and your family mate!!!

Last edited:
on you go lads carry gear up a fecking hill and hope the lifts marry in with the windows,course of brickwork or the guttering etc.
start at the top youve got a rough idea what height to kick off with,and you dont have to march gear up hill,have yous never done price :eek:[/B]

on you go lads carry gear up a fecking hill and hope the lifts marry in with the windows,course of brickwork or the guttering etc.
start at the top youve got a rough idea what height to kick off with,and you dont have to march gear up hill,have yous never done price :eek:[/B]

depens daftscaff if you have a window or guttering in the way get the window fitters out to lift the window up a couple of foot lol!! (joke)!! as for marching gear up the hill thats what your labourers for:laugh:

haha, who would have thought a simple question would attract such complicated theories, you guy's.:)

Top Bottom