Top or Bottom

digsie

feckin quality M8---fancy making up a squad---I here Holland is nice this time of year LOL---now were's them feckin skins...

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Davidhodges

Diplomat eh---hedging your bets ;)---nice one LOL

think i'd follow the desighn drwg lol

Mon SP, that's a cop out that simply won't be tolerated on this forum.:cool:

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

digsie

feckin quality M8---fancy making up a squad---I here Holland is nice this time of year LOL---now were's them feckin skins...

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Davidhodges

Diplomat eh---hedging your bets ;)---nice one LOL

Good man Gary, you would think we are dealing with fekin Italians during the war who couldn't pick a side and were the first to develop reverse gear on their tanks.:evil::evil:

Gary, I would but not sure if I got it right or wrong.:embarrest:

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Are you's fed up yet? Bare in mind I got this wrong.:embarrest:

I was hoping SSS would have a bash.

top for me,done one friday inside hull of ship running down and curving up what a fooking mare that turned out lol another story though lol.

Surely that would have been a candidate for a square at the bottom then canting up and out?

Alistair

Aye, sole boards can be a heed nip eh.

Estimated Maximum Load and Required Foundation Type...

Clay infirm; Fine-grained sand-loose; Fine grained sand-firm; Asphalt, ect ect :nuts:

The easy one to remember is the 9" x 18" x 1 1/2 " or 1000 Sq centimeters banded ( hooping Irons ) both ends, just need to remember the others now :eek:...

I'm not doing it, I think I got it right but can't put my hands on the question paper which was multiple choice. I think I have tarnished my reputation enough this week.:sad2:

Start at lowest point working up hill. Or your just making the job harder for yourself

Ok, you can argue this all day long and as I said I got it wrong and it's one of the few times I've said I take your point but I still think my way is better and will carry on doing what it is we do.

Unbelievably, Paddy was one of the few who got it right. Yes I know you did as well CB but we would expect nothing less from you. The instructor reckoned if you start at the bottom you would have to dig the slope out at some point to run the job in. I explained I would put the commentators eye on it and come from the bottom using it like a horse or dolly tower to support the foot tie on the slope and I would still only have to dig out the sole pads to get them to sit level. I always like to pick up a few tips from these courses and if I'm honest, I did but the next time we have sloping ground to deal with I will still start at the bottom.;)

aom
lolo cop out my arse lolo
thing is you never said if it was on soft ground with varied slope angles or something like a motorway bridge
we always start at bottom if on soft ground varied slope starts with spiked butts then follow a footie method digging in all solepads
quite a few years ago before desighn was the norm- we did a envelope shore under a bridge on the M3 and started with a laydown grid with the ledgers acting as a waling bar slid through m16 rings on the slope which tied in behind the brige columns, everything was punched up off the grid but standards nailed to the solebrds to stop them slipping out.
but we always start at the bottom for ease of setting out :))

*nod*
Baseplates make surprisingly decent makeshift shovels, lol.

They aint bad for buttering your toast either, ive been told... but i aint tried that trick yet. :sick:

aom
lolo cop out my arse lolo
thing is you never said if it was on soft ground with varied slope angles or something like a motorway bridge
we always start at bottom if on soft ground varied slope starts with spiked butts then follow a footie method digging in all solepads
quite a few years ago before desighn was the norm- we did a envelope shore under a bridge on the M3 and started with a laydown grid with the ledgers acting as a waling bar slid through m16 rings on the slope which tied in behind the brige columns, everything was punched up off the grid but standards nailed to the solebrds to stop them slipping out.
but we always start at the bottom for ease of setting out :))

yeah yeah yeah, everyone's a wise man after the event.:laugh:

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Forgot to add, the correct answer according to the instructor was start at the top.

Alistair---great Post and Im in good company with my answer...

Still cant see how you can hit the deck and get a sway ( wind, Facade brace on a T&F Structure ) to run against the gradient...

Garry...

Top with system, bottom with t&f would be my personal choice

Put what I do.... but if you think about it.. don't make a difference either way...

I know it's a late answer, but I would always start at the bottom, and always will

or you could treat it like the wife,,, start at the top and work down :weird:

Top Bottom