Part 2 Not allowed to do Pull test !

must admit simian ive given you some sh1t and your still fighting and giving fair comments,as a person you do have my respect,your company however in my experienced is flawed in a lot of ways !

I could get a cert e-mailed to me in the morning.;)

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

20 minutes later......ahhh sorted alll trained up now. Off on the pull now.

More like for a pull.;):laugh:

After completing a part 2 course you are still classed as a trainee scaffolder so how could you complete a pull tie test the hole thing would not stand up in a court.

you are after your 1 day assessment but i dont see your point,im talking about fully qualified part 2 scaffolders,once they have completed their 1 day assessment,if your saying they shouldnt be taught how to test because they arent classed as qualified in court,then what about people without any qualifications in scaffolding doing the hydrojaws ticket and just signing for the test,you need no qualifications to do a pull test ticket or am i wrong on that ?

Joebag there are alot of people within the scaffolding industry that cheat every day the problem comes when it gos wrong. about 90% of collapes in scaffolding is due to the ties failing or not another in the structure.

exactly my point,spread the knowledge instead of keeping the wealth,,,,,,,

more people informed on hydrojaws=less scaffolds coming down

simple !

That's another thing, if you are trained in hydrojaws can you then use a hilti?

The same thing with tieing off a tube most scaffolder only go around the tube twice instead of three times ok until someone gets killed.

I use a clove hitch as per my training.

ok till someone gets killed,,,,,show me the literature and figures to back it up before scaremongering to get a point across,this is as ludicrous an arguement as me on the peace talks,,,,at least i was bladdered !

clove hitch how many time does the rope go round the tube? the amount of scaffolders that come to the collages cant even tie a tube off.Sorry for not explaining it better in the first place.

clove hitch how many time does the rope go round the tube? the amount of scaffolders that come to the collages cant even tie a tube off.Sorry for not explaining it better in the first place.

3, but most should know that before they get a spanner.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aewgmUeHpuE]How To Tie a Clove Hitch Knot - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry the point seems to be getting lost here mate,im saying introduce pull testing to the part 2 course,your saying dont because it should be done by a advanced,

even though it can be done by people with that ticket alone as its so simple,

then your crying the safety card because people dont know how to tie a tube off,,,,,

tell you what heres how to fix it all,,,,,show them!!!!!!!!

give them the knowledge as you do in your part 1 for rope knots,give it in your part 2 for pull testing,,,,,talk about pulling teeth !:D

their is no other reason to oppose this other than for profit,instructors,training providers and inspectors all not bothered by the fact because they are the ones ultimately who will profit !

Last edited:
Top Bottom