Part 2 Not allowed to do Pull test !

So fifty year old scaffs,supervisers,managers anyone too old for the spanner will be asked to get down droppers and the like to retain their advance status,just to keep the cash rolling in for cisrs:mad:and lets face it,what do they hope to achieve?other than cash,and robbing the working man who has grafted all his life to get that status,shocking,even if it's classroom based it's still a racket:mad:

its a bigger picture here marra,the refresher training hes talking about is just another tax,the premise behind it is not safety,they are making stuff up now imagine if every 3 months something that they said was crucial came out and we had to pay for it,

i would have more respect for simian if they were purely training based,they arent they inspect advise and have all kinds of conflicts of interest,im all for safety mate thats why ive done my tickets at 35,but this is not what it seems

and as for you being in the same boat ian,what car you driving,personal and company ;)

I drive a company car and it's a merc

The last thing I want is a squad of experienced old heads in my place every day moaning about refreshers and coming on here complaining including me who will have to refresh mine.

90% of the time the changes in industries are for the better of the working men some times it does get a bit to much, as a scaffolder would you want you son daughter or grandchildren working up on the scaffold like the lads were 30 years ago or would rahter they worked to todays recomendations i know the crk might of been good in the 70's but my aim in life is to earn a wage and go home after earning it and thats why i think refreshers are a good thing i work with scaffs who dont know what a scaff step is used for and think a swivel isnt load bearing and think sways should be placed every 100 ft i know what the scaff step is for i know how to use it i know swivel is load bearing and know sway arnt every 100 ft the reason i know this is as i have been trained more rescent than some of the lads and in years to come therl be some kid coming up to me saying this and that but how am i going to find out about it or how to work to it with out a refresher as i know my gaffer wont pay for any futher trainign for the lads than he has to

90% of the time the changes in industries are for the better of the working men some times it does get a bit to much, as a scaffolder would you want you son daughter or grandchildren working up on the scaffold like the lads were 30 years ago or would rahter they worked to todays recomendations i know the crk might of been good in the 70's but my aim in life is to earn a wage and go home after earning it and thats why i think refreshers are a good thing i work with scaffs who dont know what a scaff step is used for and think a swivel isnt load bearing and think sways should be placed every 100 ft i know what the scaff step is for i know how to use it i know swivel is load bearing and know sway arnt every 100 ft the reason i know this is as i have been trained more rescent than some of the lads and in years to come therl be some kid coming up to me saying this and that but how am i going to find out about it or how to work to it with out a refresher as i know my gaffer wont pay for any futher trainign for the lads than he has to

The scaff step was a new development that has to have some form of training provided by the employer. Any changes in tie pattens, sway spacing load bearings can be placed on a web page or info pack & learnt with no extra cost. You do not need to train someone to reduce bays for the sways you just give them the information.

That is the main problem with this industry, to much information not enough shared!!!!!!

The basis of the training system is poor yet we are then all tared with the same brush & have to go back to school!!!

When will the ARE boys be called back for re-training, it will happen the same as the ECITB boys were stabbed in the back!!

Ragscaff

aye well av got a ford fiesta chicane 1.4 zetec s p reg burgundy :cool:and its paid for :laugh:
2nd class ride better than a first class walk does me to get to and from work lol

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

The scaff step was a new development that has to have some form of training provided by the employer. can be placed on a web page or info pack & learnt with no extra cost. You do not need to train someone to reduce bays for the sways you just give them the information.

That is the main problem with this industry, to much information not enough shared!!!!!!

The basis of the training system is poor yet we are then all tared with the same brush & have to go back to school!!!

When will the ARE boys be called back for re-training, it will happen the same as the ECITB boys were stabbed in the back!!

Ragscaff

i see you point marra and totally agree that theres loads of information and not enough shared thats 1 of the reason am here i may not be exprienced enough to answer but am allways asking lol but i do think things like Any changes in tie pattens, sway spacing load bearings should be placed on a web page the scaffolders should get to know this first hand how many times ahve you picked up a fitting a fort ummm ill have a look tonight if the load bearing of this has changed its not something you do and maby a refresher isnt the way forward but we need some way of finding out changes a news letter from cisrs nace posted to every scaffolder register sent out by recorede delivery just somehting for lads like me that will be left in the dark if i stay put

Ragscaffs got it bang on,the fundamentals are taught on your course,anything else is either toolbox talk or reference material,

what the fuk is going to change so drastically that we need updates that we pay for on a regular basis,

ive said it before its a con of epic proportions and its getting more blatant the less thats done about it,its a license to print money because it will be a license we have to have,

that to me is a cartel and should be opposed at every turn !

put the material out their on websites and newsletters,if i get caught not conforming to these regs i can take that,dont charge me for the priviledge of it and say its safety orientated,,,,bollax!

Last edited:
CISRS is a record scheme!!

You have our records send us the info!!!!

Job done :toung:

Irononic system...Pay to go on a course,leave course with a ticket as a novice, A few years later come back well experienced and pay for a refresher. Ist parts ok,but second part,what tosh. post the changes,simple

Last edited:
Irononic system...Pay to go on a course,leave course with a ticket as a novice, A few years later come back well experienced and pay for a refresher. Ist parts ok,but second part,what tosh. post the changes,simples.

Their not bleeding the working man that way fred:mad:

Simian ,you could win some brownie points here mate,incorporate pull tests for your part 2 courses across the board,make a change that gives blokes a little bit back and not even i will begrudge you getting some rims for that Merc ;)

I used to get letters posted to my house in the 80's from the CITB telling me about any changes.
Why don't the NASC do that?

I thought under the new CDM regs new buildings had these mystical (built in ties) or so we

are told, so why would I have to learn to screw in a Hilti tie? load of toss, refresher course!

load of toss. By the way, I sold my merc the injectors were a load of toss.

because fred we live in a country thats trained you too,were weak when it comes to standing up for what we believe,big business always finds a way of alligning private so called partisan bodies alongside government makers and shakers,,,,,but this is so blatant it makes my foot itch :mad:

Top Bottom