Part 2 Not allowed to do Pull test !

Theres no blood left,were being strangled now. Why's everyone putting up with it.?????:mad:

Because we wont stand together for the common cause,we could be very powerfull if we united,but it's got to the stage where enough is enough,the more we give the more they take,it's at times like this that we need a strong union:mad:

you know what simian it starts with 1 person so i ask again,,,

incorporate the pull test on your part 2 course,im sure to get all your instructors trained up on it will be less than the cost of 1 person doing both csrs tickets,

twenty minutes if that to teach then the part 2 card is what its supposed and implied to be,

and also when your inspectors inspect a job by simian carded lads,they are not seen as Hypocrits if the jobs not been pull tested !

Im keeping the faith fred,if hes as forward thinking as i hope then he can see the point to this,otherwise it could come back on his and other training providers heads,it totally illegitimises the part 2 card and in my eyes makes them as culpable as us if one goes over !

im sure the card refreshment scheme was mooted some time ago and was rubbished by a few and low and behold here we are possibly on the advent of scaff refresher courses to maintain their right to work and earn whilst lining the pockets of fat cats ONCE MORE,this could be the line in the sand we all have been waiting for........watch this space.

Simian and i quote

"The last thing I want is a squad of experienced old heads in my place every day moaning about refreshers and coming on here complaining including me who will have to refresh mine."

What when they are waving £200-£300 every time they HAVE to turn up for a refresher course,,,,dont make me laugh were not that stupid,you cant play both sides of the fence here simian!

you know aswell that 1 day refresher courses would probably be the biggest moneyspinner your business has seen,especially as you know initially all these big companies wouldnt have the the structure in place to give them in house!

who would they turn to i wonder,,,,that merc will pay itself off quicker than you think,but you have known and hoped these refreshers will come off so dont make out you will be as dissapointed as us,

its Patronising and demeaning!

Its the same as insulating houses. Now they have done most of them stick a solar panel on top!!! We paid for that!!

Now you have a trained workforce (so to speak!!!!!) how can all those training centres justify their existence. Bring in regular refresher courses. Should have stayed with national training centres only!!!

Too many so called training centres jumped on the band wagon now the fundings running low make something up to get funds in :sick::(

Bet they get it funded as well!!:sad2:

Ragscaff

Theres no blood left,were being strangled now. Why's everyone putting up with it.?????:mad:

Because scaffolders like to moan and do nothing.

Apathy!!

Join the SCCR and you're sins of apathy will be forgiven.

Simian and i quote

"The last thing I want is a squad of experienced old heads in my place every day moaning about refreshers and coming on here complaining including me who will have to refresh mine."

What when they are waving £200-£300 every time they HAVE to turn up for a refresher course,,,,dont make me laugh were not that stupid,you cant play both sides of the fence here simian!

you know aswell that 1 day refresher courses would probably be the biggest moneyspinner your business has seen,especially as you know initially all these big companies wouldnt have the the structure in place to give them in house!

who would they turn to i wonder,,,,that merc will pay itself off quicker than you think,but you have known and hoped these refreshers will come off so dont make out you will be as dissapointed as us,

its Patronising and demeaning!

Each to their own opinion joebag, one thing about me is I am a genuine guy who knows a lot of people on this forum who can back that up. I started in the yard servicing fittings and driving the wagon, spent many years on the tools plus supervision and management.

Only a blind man would accuse you of not working hard Ian and you and Simon deserve all success.

A lot of good comments on this thread though.

It not the training providers fault. the problem is the NASC and Mr molesy and the people who suck up instead of standing up for whats right. We are 15 years behind with the training that is needed to move forward.Some of the training centres donot even meet the standards set out by the NASC, take the 10 meter rule for the height of the building to deliver training. At least 2 of the training providers donot meet this but are aloud to deliver courses?

I didn't know there was a 10 meter rule, what is it exactly Instructor and why do they do their saddles from around 2 meters?

What do you make of the pull test question?

well if your still one of the boys simian give them the pull test training on part 2 cards,you might not be required by law to do it,

but surely your moral compass must be showing you that by giving these lectures to people on the virtues of proper scaffolding techniques and application,

at the same time giving scaffolders false or misleading information on their part 2 courses that they are entitled to build say a 12m independent wheras because the training is inadequate as they are only etitled to build up to 4m in height

i used to live on the gulf of mexico swimming with wild dolphins everyday,that doesnt make me steve irwin mate,alligning yourself with scaffolders one minute and stabbin them in the back with misinformation and the willingness to jump on these card refreshers the next,show s to me youve completely sold out,

and please no more playing the pauper card as i know a lot more about simian than you may think !

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

im not insinuating its all the training providers fault ,but by christ they are a huge part of the problem,even the bodies issuing the money to these training providers are getting pissed off with the way they behave,the willingness just to fuk lads off the courses easily,the total disreguard for who and what they send out onto site ,

who on here who has been on a course lately has not seen or heard a instructor blanket pass a whole class of blokes with generic write ups on their assessments,any idiot can memorise a test paper,its the practical aspect of scaffolding thats being lost and for what,companies like simians bottom line !

Aom the 10 meter rule was for the heigth of the building to stop just anyone opening a centre. The pull test question i disagree with training a scaffolder on a part 2 course. The fact of asking a basic scaffolder to carry out this task is wrong, surely this should be done by a advance scaffolder and upwards to comply with the law.

Aom the 10 meter rule was for the heigth of the building to stop just anyone opening a centre. The pull test question i disagree with training a scaffolder on a part 2 course. The fact of asking a basic scaffolder to carry out this task is wrong, surely this should be done by a advance scaffolder and upwards to comply with the law.

It's how I do it but it's a simple task and could be carried out by anyone. The real reason I do it is the tester would end up in bits.:eek:

should all training be done at this height as a minimum then? I don't think any is done at that height with us.

so i would say if your not giving part2 scaffolders the right to test their own ties then 50% of a conservative estimate of the tied scaffolds in this country are illegal,

then i suppose with restricting it to only advanced scaffolders then you will have little training provider vans going round the country testing ties for small firms at a premium,like ive said before an absolute con!

its only a simple twenty minute course admitted to by a training provider themselves to train blokes,

more and more your taking responsibility away from blokes under the vail of safety yet really its profit behind it all the way

and with respect i see your names instructor,are you really saying that blokes you train at part 2 level cannot be capable of testing hydrojaws and filling in a form,

this is unreal !:mad:

20 minutes to talk about the hydrajaws tester

Top Bottom