Part 2 Not allowed to do Pull test !

Only the very latest advance lads will have recieved the training or supervisers,so the vast majority of advance scaffolders will not have the required training to legally perform and record a pull test:wacko:

so for years jobs have been going up without qualified people testing them,so how do they justify keeping these pull tests for the few or paying blokes

when the mass hysteria over having ties put in correctly is thrown at us everyday!

this goes back to my point about training providers and csrs,if the training they give us isnt up to scratch they are then solely culpable for the consequences,

how do you justify not giving this training with every course if its that crucial!

and that simple !

right this is how it is unfortunatly joebag getting a bad press!!!! and simian getting the back log!!! as most know on here simon and ian are part of nasc or i may be wrong lol!!!as in simian!!! iam with joebag all the way the trainning is totally dated its no good blaiming mosley everybodys to blame for letting the system generate money instead of scaffolders iam totally sick of the way things are being run we all know theres help from high places otherwise things would be sorted at the top exspecially for the ecitb scaffolder!!! if you ante got unite you ante go no help but!!! when you get unite doing site visits with cisrs you know your on your last sausage. personally dont know what the answer is in the scaffold industry these days you have a voice its in the sccr but most of you ante interested you would rather spend a tenner on a pint of stella and a pack of bensons

Aom the 10 meter rule was for the heigth of the building to stop just anyone opening a centre. The pull test question i disagree with training a scaffolder on a part 2 course. The fact of asking a basic scaffolder to carry out this task is wrong, surely this should be done by a advance scaffolder and upwards to comply with the law.

please spare me the guys that demo it and instruct it are not advance or part2s i really now think things have went mad totally mad........im a bit lost for words here now pathetic.

at the end of the day how many firms really do a pull test. we all heard about them for years but not many used them . i bet over half the firms in the country dont even have a pull tester. iv been scaffolding 18 years and only seen one for the first time about 18 month ago . i only did my first pull test wednesday.

thats exactly how they are getting you alan,

training providers are now branching out into inspection,

so the guys that dont tell you your not covered or good enough trained after your part 2 are the same guys that will come and report you for it,

thats why it has to be layed back at the feet of simian etc to provide this training in their part 2 course,as they started the problem in the first place,cant have your cake and eat it ;)

also if we start making it as hard for them as it is for us these parasitic businesses will feel the pinch, and the power will ultimately fall back into our hands !

Joe, how do you think Hilti or Hydrajaws would feel about anyone training anyone on their equipment?

Their would be licencing issues to say the least.

agreed mate but their bottom line would improve unbelievably when every scaffolder trained in hydrojaws/hilti etc compulsarily on their part 2 goes out into the world,,,,,

im not against pull testing,i think its a great way of ensuring the ties are correctly anchored,ive had numerous talks with an apollo rep over the cavity left by concrete pours on steel fabricated buildings and when you go to screw your tie through the steel floor facia into the concrete air bubbles and the slag of the concrete on the edge might create a weakness thus that was when i found out about pull testing!

cash is king mate and i think pull tests for new part 2 explained in detail how crucial it is would be well received and acted upon,the units are coming down in price and would come down even further when the majority of scaffolders who do actually care about important issues in their own industry apply this across the board!

licensing wont be an issue mate,hilti as a generic term on there own ties cannot have a lifetime patent on every wall tie so just call the course non specific or inclusive of all wall anchors and all pull testers !

I agree with what you say Joe and you might well be right but that's why the system training is delivered by the manufacturers as they were not for giving away the golden goose and to be honest whilst I have no other reason to back it up I can't see the pull testers giving up or sharing that right with anyone.

I agree with what you say Joe and you might well be right but that's why the system training is delivered by the manufacturers as they were not for giving away the golden goose and to be honest whilst I have no other reason to back it up I can't see the pull testers giving up or sharing that right with anyone.

The training i recieved was on a hydrajaws,but not delivered by hydrajaws;)

Oh, shows what I know BF, good man. Maybe I can train the boy's myself then.:idea:

well the issue should then be for the lawmakers aom,if we are prepared to do the training ,ask for it to be incorporated,its deemed as that crucial to safety yet a manufacturer wont allow it then the law can and should step in,,,,besides look at cuplok and other things,the chinese will already have copied this and the patent i think can only last 7 years in britain ;)

As the boys have already quoted I am wrong about the tester but not about the system. Some systems have been sold on but the likes of Generation kept the rights to them selves so they and they alone can train us in it's use.

Looks like just an in house training day for the pull tester then.

or non generic testing,theres a variety of pull testers out their meaning not one single person owns the patent to a pull tester,one of those smaller companies needs exposure rather than licensing,,,,,,use that pull tester:idea:

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

external trainer = reebok classic the dog nicked :D

Top Bottom