Part 2 Not allowed to do Pull test !

apologies tester if i misread what you said,but you have just informed on a lot more stuff i never knew so im glad i messed up lol,

im just a scaff trying to get to the bottom of why as scaffs this isnt included in the part 2 courses

,in your opinion do you think this should maybe even taught on a part 1 course as the more that i dig on this the more i get suprised on how much emphasis testers ,designers, instructors etc etc are placing on the correct installation and testing of ties,

apologies again for not reading and interpreting your post correctly :embarrest:

o and do you have any stats for each of these individual failures?

Last edited:
I am not really qualified to give you answers on Part 1 or Part2 training courses and what they currently include as we are not Scaffolders.You would be best talking to the training providers themselves and get their prospective on things.
You may get information on tie and anchor failure leading to accidents on Google.

tried mate,cant get specifics,dont know whether its me not wording it right or its just collated as one big failure,need someone in the hse to tell us all what causes the failures exactly,like you said the bullets not being punched in by the correct tool was a factor,if more info like that was freely available and distributed then accidents would be prevented guarenteed,thanks for the help though mate,i know you probably dont want to get involved lol ;)

Listen Joe, you are right, all we need to operate in our trade should be covered in the training centres, simple. Pull test, advanced rail options TG 20 and the like should all be covered and when the boy's leave these centres they should be qualified to do whatever they need on a day to day basis. Only the older ones who missed certain elements should require further training but that should now be included in these new refreshers when they start. There should now be no requirement for external trainers coming to our place of work to update our skills.

No, was not too shut you up. You seem to have run a wee campaign on it and you are right, it should be on the course. There could be a couple of reasons why it's not but the most popular seems to be as training is such big business everyone wants to keep the rights to themselves and refuse to share the info.

haha, I will. I know the very man to ask who is a complete gentleman but I'm sure it will be met by it can't be done because.......... but I will ask and may ask to go a bit further as well.

what do you need to do to be a "trained" tester. Is there a special course?

with regards to ties, most fail because they weren't installed properly, some because the subbys are still using the wrong type (hits in bricks) and some because the wrong tie was specified in the first place and unable to hold the load required....

need to get your pull test certificate,some of the new advanced cards your qualified mate but as a part 2 you definately are not,i promise lol,you can fit em just not test em,this is my obsession at the mo mate and will put a sock in it before the other blokes get me shot ;)

Top Bottom