Part 2 Not allowed to do Pull test !

Easy one for me aswell,,,,if you werent lining your pockets so much and included the test in the part 2 course a higher % of jobs would be pull tested guaranteed,

inform people on your courses that they are not qualified to put the jobs up you are showing them !

take some responsibility !

We do the pull test exactly by the scheme rules, report us and you will find out. You don't think I will come on here to put in writing what I can't back up.

Ian

simian i understand that its a new consept but only open to advanced and supervisors, have you any ideas why its hasnt been placed in the part 2 and if you could chance things would you pplacer the tie testing training with in the part 2 ?

Also its just dawned on me that you are also making money on the fact that jobs arent being pull tested,sending inspectors out and slagging work off when your part of the reason the jobs not been tested in the first place ,thats rank hypocracy !

Also its just dawned on me that you are also making money on the fact that jobs arent being pull tested,sending inspectors out and slagging work off when your part of the reason the jobs not been tested in the first place ,thats rank hypocracy !

That was in place before we trained people.

simian i understand that its a new consept but only open to advanced and supervisors, have you any ideas why its hasnt been placed in the part 2 and if you could chance things would you pplacer the tie testing training with in the part 2 ?

Things will change but something had to be brought in and it will be tweaked but it's hard to move a mountain on your own

a mountain,its only a twenty minute talk,why not keep lads till 11 on a friday instead of 10;30 !

hilti regularly trained us and re-calibrated all our pull kits while at sgb and it was always site visits issued the certs there and then too if a remember.......is there a course for tie testing now???

so you do think that pull testing training should be part of part 2 course but dont make the rules nor able to chance them ......welll lets get the ball rolling and see if any 1 from sccr could aproch this with cisrs as well as yourself would you be willing to do that marra?

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

hilti regularly trained us and re-calibrated all our pull kits while at sgb and it was always site visits issued the certs there and then too if a remember.......is there a course for tie testing now???

thats ort if the companie paying for you to do them but really it should be with in the basic part 2 course som companies arnt or wont be in the position to get the reps in to show the lads and are more profit headed

As celticbhoy says even if you buy anchors they will throw in some training on the tester

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

There has always been one since the 91 Cardiff collapse and TG4:04. However Cisrs has added a new on in the centres since the release of TG4:11 the update on 04

totally disjointed from the reality of the industry you represent,how many self employed scaffolders are in this country who dont have access to free training or at a company which gives tool box talks with this included,,,how many of these 18 year olds who you get funding for cos their unemployed will then have access or the knowledge to even get this pull test accreditation done,you dont want to change it because its making money for you in the long run,,,,simple as that !

totally disjointed from the reality of the industry you represent,how many self employed scaffolders are in this country who dont have access to free training or at a company which gives tool box talks with this included,,,how many of these 18 year olds who you get funding for cos their unemployed will then have access or the knowledge to even get this pull test accreditation done,you dont want to change it because its making money for you in the long run,,,,simple as that !

Wrong I don't like to say this as I have said it won't happen in my lifetime but scaffolder refreshers are on their way, no refresher no card renewal. It will be for all but mainly aimed at the target market you refer to above.

Poacher and celticbhoy will have my life for this.

As celticbhoy says even if you buy anchors they will throw in some training on the tester

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

his talking about a major player in the scaffolding industry (thats got ufnds to spend on tom **** and harry for training) that i asume is nasc registerd or harsco it is now am unsure but what about the companie not in the nasc or that may well be but can not afford to train tom **** and harry in everything there is to be triaineed in maby were all barking up the rong tree and if the tie companies didnt supply ties to companies that hasnt got a trained pull tester then the companies would have no choice other than to provide training but i still believe this shoud be undertaken with in the part 2 course

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Wrong I don't like to say this as I have said it won't happen in my lifetime but scaffolder refreshers are on their way, no refresher no card renewal. It will be for all but mainly aimed at the target market you refer to above.

i believe there should be refreshers instead of the touch screen in line with tg or what ever will be in the next time lol as not all of us work for a companie who intrested in training or saftey and if am working for a firm like this for 20 years and something happens 20 years down the line from not working to tg 20 43 and god forbid some 1 may get kill or seriously injured that maby of been prevented if they had refreshers, but how can you have a refresher for a tie test when you havent been giving the training in the first place ?

well put it this way if you think i or any of the blokes in know will sign up to card refreshers to line the pockets of blokes like you ,you are seriously mistaken

,this will be the straw that breaks the camels back in our industry,

no other country in the world has a model like this as no other country rapes the working man like so called great britain,this could even enter human rights legislation as the reasons for continuation training are absolutely ridiculous

and justifying making blokes pay out more is showing exactly the motives of nasc and the big companies behind this,you may just sit on the fence over this but your bulging pockets from this tells me all i need to know !

Scaffold refresher courses for what?

No real substance on any change or developments to date why waste more time & money informing scaffolders the hand rail height might have changed!!!!

Why not put the time in getting the course to be a pass / fail with substance rather than an attendance course that means not a lot.

The skills from experience is dying.

The industry is being dragged down. I see more scaffolders wanting to get out of this game with the way its going.

I am one of these self employed scaffolders & will not pay out for anything I do not see as bribery!! I have been scaffolding for 30 years, I have my advanced card & my SSSTS what next!!! What are you going to show me thats new now!!! What do I need a refresher course on?????

Ragscaff

well put it this way if you think i or any of the blokes in know will sign up to card refreshers to line the pockets of blokes like you ,you are seriously mistaken

no other country in the world has a model like this as no other country rapes the working man like so called great britain,this could even enter human rights legislation as the reasons for continuation training are absolutely ridiculous

and justifying making blokes pay out more is showing exactly the motives of nasc and the big companies behind this,you may just sit on the fence over this but your bulging pockets from this tells me all i need to know !

Joebag I have nothing to show for having a training centre and a consultancy, im far from loaded and a working man. I work every day 7 days a week, if I sell up one day I might have something but that's about it.

I don't think personally scaffold refreshers are not the way forward but in every other course I see there is refresher training, Pasma, ipaf, sssts, instructors and safety consultants have to do a CPD continuous professional development.

i disagree with you there marra things change an we all need to be informed of these changes and if youre not nasc and work for a 1 man band (not all 1 man bands) you are likely to be left out in the dark. there is no laws in scaffolding only recomendations which are as goo d as law,and if we dont know these recomendations then how can we uphold best working practices if in 20 years were still working off 1 board 14 lifts up ?

The last thing I want is a squad of experienced old heads in my place every day moaning about refreshers and coming on here complaining including me who will have to refresh mine.

its a bigger picture here marra,the refresher training hes talking about is just another tax,the premise behind it is not safety,they are making stuff up now imagine if every 3 months something that they said was crucial came out and we had to pay for it,

i would have more respect for simian if they were purely training based,they arent they inspect advise and have all kinds of conflicts of interest,im all for safety mate thats why ive done my tickets at 35,but this is not what it seems

and as for you being in the same boat ian,what car you driving,personal and company ;)

Top Bottom