better tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's all well an good but look at the bigger picture. if they are on a % then they are more willin to get you more money. for a 120 quid i reckon your forms are completed within seconds.

I get the maximum possible returns pal, you can't polish a turd and that's what bettertax is.

some people will never be happy unless they get out for nout, ya get wot ya pay for. good luck with ya £120 tho.

Ok... you all know me here.
Im a prick, sure. - But im an HONEST prick. :)

Every time i phone Better Tax or ask them something via the Forum they cant do enough to answer what ive asked as best as they can and they give me very good advice, each time i speak to any of them.

I have been self employed pretty much solid since 2003 and each year ive used all kinda of firms to do my tax returns... and Better Tax offered me the best service of all of them.

30% is alot, but its more then money, with Better Tax.
  • Its 30% for a good Accountants, who you can phone and get very good advice.
  • Its 30% to speak to someone who KNOWS Scaffolding, more then the usual Accountants.
  • Its 30% for a super-fast return.
  • Its 30% for doing NOTHING, except signing a few forms.
  • Its 30%, knowing that your going to get the absolute maximum um rebate possible.

Ill happily pay 30%, knowing that ive got a decent reliable and easy to talk to Accountants.

As with everything there will be plenty tell you the scaffs are expensive but we bid for the work in a clear concise manner and win or loose it on that basis. Accountants are no different, they quote for it and you have to decide if it's for you or not.

Where is Rosie and the bettertax crew, They Should be here fighting their corner :D

They probably busy tinkering with their fantasy footy team :laugh:

My opinion on Tax returns, Accountants or Their charges would be of no use to you what so ever, so I will not share them ok

ok, but maybe youre time would be better spent tinkering with your team.:D

i seen some rumours on face book about better tax claims coming back to bite people . dont know the details but apparently someone not only had to pay what they were paid but the 30% bettertax had took too . i dont know if theres any truth in it and always defend better tax on here when people slate them because of how many of my friends they got rebates. i hope its not true but i m just telling the scaffs what i read on face book written by another scaff

the taxman always pays out then he investigates,so if you get a good rebate he may come back and say hold on you werent due that.he generally always wants the fecking lot and can charge interest.
this applys to anyone bettertax,or joe bloggs who does his own

There is only one person responsible for your tax returns,

That is yourself...........hence......"all you have to do is sign"

If you let an agent take over your tax returns, for a fee , that is your decision. Whatever your agent charges 20%/30% is nothing at all to do with the Inland Revenue, this is the fee you agreed to pay your agent for professional services rendered.

But you will be liable for any shortfalls that come to light in the future.

Fees

Just been speaking to a lad at work about bettertax and what they charge he says he is getting 30% took off ?
Is that not a bit over the top ?

The other way to pay an accountant is by obtaining a fixed quote before the work is carried out. Both methods have their merits. We prefer the fixed quote method as the client knows where they stand from the outset.

Wow.... this took a flying leap.

I just don't know how many times we have to "justify" what we do.

Everyone earns a living, by charging for their service.

Sure you can go to an accountant that charges a fixed fee and sure you can "argue" that what they got you was they best they could... but was it? They knew what they were getting before they even started on your return...

Anyway, our fee is what it is. We do the very best we can for you, as yes, we benefit too. If you use our service and are happy, that's great, we're happy too.

IF you don't use our service, you can't really comment with any authority on our merits against the service you currently use, or if you do it yourself.

I/ we can't keep coming on here having this same ol' discussion. Nuff said :). (and thanks to all of you that support us, even if you're not clients - appreciate it). (Oh and as for Freedomaccountancy - nice bit of advertising for you, eh, on our back tsk tsk ;))

The way I see it from the outside is that this service is there if you want to use it but it is not for everyone.

I would pay to have my bathroom tiled, yet a lot of people would be comfortable to do it themselves. If I could be bothered I would learn how to do it and it do it myself and save some money, but I would rather pay to have the job done "properlY".

I am not saying by doing your tax return yourself you cannot do it properly as I do my tax return myself, but if you are not comfortable doing it or cannot be bothered then why not use the service?

At the end of the day, nobody is sticking the sharp end of your ratchet in your ear. You either use them or you don't. It's entirely our choice.

Bettertax

"(Oh and as for Freedomaccountancy - nice bit of advertising for you, eh, on our back tsk tsk ;)) "

What you whinging about, I remember that you were all over the site before you decided to become a sponser.

Buy Brand Tools I beleive are owners of the site (please correct me if this wrong) They do not winge or bemoan others "advertising" their products. The other sponsers of the site take no umbridge at similar companies also putting forward their services or product's

"on our back tsk tsk ;))"

I would suggest that Freedomaccountany as a member of this Forum has a right to post in any thread they choose. They posted quite openly and in an honest manner.They pointed out an alternative to paying a set percetage fee for Tax advice

This is after all the "SCAFFOLDERSFORUM" set up to assist scaffolders and ancilary trades to make contact,solve problems and generally converse on matters affecting our lives and business

The way I see it from the outside is that this service is there if you want to use it but it is not for everyone.

I would pay to have my bathroom tiled, yet a lot of people would be comfortable to do it themselves. If I could be bothered I would learn how to do it and it do it myself and save some money, but I would rather pay to have the job done "properlY".

I am not saying by doing your tax return yourself you cannot do it properly as I do my tax return myself, but if you are not comfortable doing it or cannot be bothered then why not use the service?

Because I can get exactly the same service from my accountant SF for 900 quid less than BT charge and also referring to BT's comments I can compare their service and I know exactly what they do as I have 2 colleagues who have used them. They both post on here!

I/ we can't keep coming on here having this same ol' discussion. Nuff said :). (and thanks to all of you that support us, even if you're not clients - appreciate it). (Oh and as for Freedomaccountancy - nice bit of advertising for you, eh, on our back tsk tsk ;))

Don't keep coming on here then, we're all entitled to an opinion BT and this forum is all about free speech.

I respect that you are a sponsor and people will continue to use your service if they are happy paying 30%.

You know my view on that amount so we'll leave it there.

I would suggest that Freedomaccountany as a member of this Forum has a right to post in any thread they choose. They posted quite openly and in an honest manner.They pointed out an alternative to paying a set percetage fee for Tax advice

I dont think BT meant that nastily, more humoured.

I haven't used them yet but they are always helpful and I'm glad they are part of the forum :)

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I'll tile your bathroom! Been doing my new one for past few nights hence why I've not been on. Though I hope you don't value your carpet if I do it :embarrest:

Oh and congratulations on 6,000 posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom