better tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, thanks, Jason. I'll pass your comments on to Steve - it's always good to know you've done the job well :).

Customer service is hugely important to us and it hopefully sets us apart from other larger companies. We've always offered free advice and we always will.

Bettertax

Just been speaking to a lad at work about bettertax and what they charge he says he is getting 30% took off ?
Is that not a bit over the top ?

30% is there set fee, they're a good company for what they can help you with, but that help comes at that fixed fee

If the 30% is tax deductible as a fee then I can't see a problem.

Any service of this manner is not tax deductable. The fee comes directly from the albeit well submitted return by Bettertax. Services such as accounting for the individual are not tax deductable. They provide a service and have to charge VAT on the (guess) 25% making the final fee to 30%. They can retrieve 'lost' tax years/employments, and provide a good service. The majority of the process is made over relatively short calls making the amount you receive comparable to other companies. I'd say its up to the individual. If you have time and ability you may be better off doing it yourself. But as the saying goes, 'If your good at something, don't do it for free'.

Mr you work for bettertax I take it ?

I don't mate. Had a couple of tax returns done by them. Changed and did my own. Depends what you earn, and what your entitled too, ie digs, subsidence tools. There's always a choice

Lads I am not Q bettertax I am asking is 30% charges over the top ?
30% of say £10k is a lot but prob's the same work as someone claiming £1000 does the charge drop the less or more you get ?

I know a lad who says he s gettin just under 10 grand back, dating back a couple of years but even so i reckon 30% off 10 grand is not bad unless he was gonna do the tax back himself (good luck)

30% fixed cost sounds reasonable enough to me.

Do it yourself if it's so easy.

Just been speaking to a lad at work about bettertax and what they charge he says he is getting 30% took off ?

20% is good even 30% is good to think that you havent got to lift a finger send in your figures and they do the work for you what do you want a free charge as well!!! i thought i was cool doing my own tax returns it cost me 800 quid were i was not clued up!! 20 0r 30 quid for every £100 quid back ante bad

spot on dico, considering ya dont have to do anythin apart from sign and date its nay bad at all.

This thread is very similar to one posted last week

I believe that to fill in your tax return is not difficult. You will receive your full overpayment of tax. All the information and forms you will require are on the site below.You can also submit your tax returns online.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cis/

But if you feel you cannot make your return without help please shop around a little, Before committing to any deal

I googled “cis tax returns” and it returned 592,000 hits, so there is a lot companies undertaking this kind of work. I have placed link to one of them I thought of value to anyone who was unsure whether they wanted to do their own return or use an agent. There is a lot of information on the site including calculators to work out your tax

They appear to be charging a £99 fee to compile your tax return ,for each year you require plus a 20% agents fee of any refund .It is an online service and may not suit all

http://www.taxpenny.co.uk/cis-tax.html

Got an accountant in Cleckheaton, p1llock is charging more than 30% next year will give Bettertax a go

Finally somebody agrees with me.

Complete rip off Andy, I said this before. So say i'm owed 3,500 back (which i have been for the past 2 years) then they would take 1050 off me. Why anybody uses them is beyond me when i go to an accountant (WHO DOES ALL THE SAME WORK AS THEM) and who charges 120 quid. Do the math.

I know they are a forum sponsor but I totally don't agree with how much they charge.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

spot on dico, considering ya dont have to do anythin apart from sign and date its nay bad at all.

Same with my accountant WHO CHARGES 120 QUID!

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

I know a lad who says he s gettin just under 10 grand back, dating back a couple of years but even so i reckon 30% off 10 grand is not bad unless he was gonna do the tax back himself (good luck)

30% of ten grand 3000 quid or 120 quid with an accountant.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Got an accountant in Cleckheaton, p1llock is charging more than 30% next year will give Bettertax a go

I can give you details of my accountant mate, fuc.k paying over 30%.
Plus they will do it all by post as well, same as Bettertax.

that's all well an good but look at the bigger picture. if they are on a % then they are more willin to get you more money. for a 120 quid i reckon your forms are completed within seconds.

Stop being a bunch of tight-arses... what are you? Scottish...?
Better Tax are good as gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom