Ecitb scaffs tkt

Remember something I was told years back on SGB, Very good pratical guidance, the 3 to 1 rule. Counterbalance = 3 to 1. So in this scenario if the scaffold is 4ft wide 1/3rd= 16in's, you just about get away with 2 inside boards. 3 would be breaking that rule. I would imagine there are regulations that state that.

He should be Lynched

Hope youre reading this tubular, ( Frederik Harrison Varma site Hampstead) Come up and see me sometime........Oh...just remembered they moved me cos I complained.lol:mad:

Last edited:
brandy, aye, Im a auld SGB ( 1972 ) Trained Scaff ana---all the principals are still are just as prevalent to-day---we, the Scaffs know that the Engineering Dynamics were based on sound judgement, Mathematical and Geometrical Principals which were conceived back in the mists of time.

To deviate from these principals is to invite an unwanted reaction :eek:

Gar...

to remove from the basisis of scaffolding will indeed create an unwanted and unsafe situation and scaffolding,sound logic though why do these cranks continually tamper with such sound logic to create such hazards?

Just a wee thought---how are the Telescopic Transoms affixed to the outside ledger ???

After a 2 board hang over, a 3 board hang over should be fixed with a LOAD BEARING COUPLER as well as picked up with and under slung tube.

Gar...

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Celticbhoy

Aye, these cranks will be tellin us that the World is Round next :nuts: PMSL

Ooh no never seen fixed like that !! We have 2 board wedgelock extendas and they bad enough , sod usin 3 boards

the xtenda rod is usualy square or rounded there is no way yo can undersling onto them as the metal is too thin gauge to take a fitting proper,all in all they are crap.

to remove from the basisis of scaffolding will indeed create an unwanted and unsafe situation and scaffolding,sound logic though why do these cranks continually tamper with such sound logic to create such hazards?
Because in their glorified arrogance, they assume they know more than us. To quote the great scientific mind of Stephen Hawkins, " The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, rather it is the perception of knowledge ".

very so brandy but mr hawkins theories in anything have not been proven mate he uligises in describing black holes and vortexes when in reality no-one or body has in fact been to these places,then he comes up with mathimatical data to suppourt his claims.........a bit like todays incumbants of scaffolding theories and guidance id say mate.

Last edited:
brandy

spot on and to expand a little further--a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

never run an other Mans rhubarb ;)

I,m covering the job tomorrow,will take photos and post. SCCR H.S.E. NASC need to issue clear guidelines to builders about any unauthorised moving of scaffolding As
mentioned in an earlier post, managers will turn a blind eye to other trades tampering with scaffolding but scream blue murder if anyone tampers with other services. Why???The powers that be will put the Eictb boys on the dole,but allow tampering by the untrained.... I guess scaffolding is not taken seriously untill some one is hurt or a scaffold collapses. The man on the ground is piggy in the middle im afraid.

Good on ya frederik , post to the forum too

Celticbhoy

PMSL---should have read---never rub another Mans Rhubarb :eek:

ats what I get for nae weerin mi specs LOLooo

very so brandy but mr hawkins theories in anything have not been proven mate he uligises in describing black holes and vortexes when in reality no-one or body has in fact been to these places,then he comes up with mathimatical data to suppourt his claims.........a bit like todays incumbants of scaffolding theories and guidance id say mate.
Possibly Celticbhoy, I have a good drinking buddy who is a doctor of mathematics, lectures in Trinity and if I have a query regarding calcs and so on, he works it out for me. Sitting at the bar on the back of a bookies docket X over Y, C over b, havent a clue what he's on about, but then he gives me the answer in a couple of minutes. He reckons everything can be proved or disaproved mathematically.

2 boards without support you beter tell the site agent thats done the inspection course that its the width not the length otherwise the no alls will be putting diveing boards on site next week. lmfao!!!!!

Top Bottom