Ecitb scaffs tkt

Looked at the pics Frederik, bad workmanship. Would'nt be happy with it.

Thanks Dico, Ive been looking after the site today so was able to take pics,as far as I know the scaffs were advanced. I lost my job a year ago for having too much to say,had to do courses to get my job back,so a bit nervous about saying too much again. Tho I did pull the safety officer bout this ,he didnt want to know. So far,I havnt seen any one come for the 7 days inspection,and cant find the pullout tests in the scaff file.:worried:

you sound a bit like me frederik i have a bit too much to say at times but sometimes it dont hurt i was on a job a few years ago and the sight was like a bomb site and they were lifting a new boiler above us why we were working and lifting boards and weilding without a shield then this safety fellow came over and asked us to put our safety glases on i said you preach safety and let all this go on why we are trying to work. we were that annoid that we left the site due to safety issues and thats what i told my boss how stilled payed us!!

Dico mate,I aint got a ticket but a 100% I couda done a better job, and Brandy, the pics dont show how bad it is. Brandy,did you ever come across,Martin Joyce in your involvement in boxing? I Know lads wrong thread,but just asking,

Dico, we walked off a job once over something similar.There was a S/O who was a right arrogant ****, Got a phone call to come back and said we would only come back if the issues with the S/O were sorted out. The next day we were called in to a meeting with site management and S/O. We put our case forward and he sat there looking at us as if we were something he wipes off his boots. We put our tickets on the table and asked him to do the same, he could'nt. Finally the head man spoke and said he had to agree with us. Never seen a mans face turn so white, He was replaced within a week.

Dico mate,I aint got a ticket but a 100% I couda done a better job, and Brandy, the pics dont show how bad it is. Brandy,did you ever come across,Martin Joyce in your involvement in boxing? I Know lads wrong thread,but just asking,
Not in my time Frederik, but there are a few Irish travellers involved in the sport now, as opposed to the bare knuckle stuff. Joyce would be a common name with them.

Thats the one ceticbhoy,all Ireland champ 3 years running,at welterwt I think. A relation of his is my boss at hampstead, real hothead,and nearly come to blows with him over scaffold.

hard as nails beat mcdonagha on the cobbels too.
Willie Casey.(Big Bang) ex bare knuckle boxer, no amauter experience, last month fought a cuban Rigondeaux, 2x times olympic gold. Fight stopped in 1st round after Xasey was down twice, different class.

Brandy,Celticbhoy, one of you's start a boxers thread,it 'l be a big hit. (Seriously)

European champion fight, Rigondeaux had to leave Cuba to turn pro, was only his 7th pro fight, but had over 400 amauter behind him. Casey had 11 pro fights, won them all 8 x KO's. Say he had a lot more on the cobbles Celticbhoy, but he was up against a fighter in a different class. The Cuban could be a world champ soon, would'nt bet against it.

was over cuba last year dedicated lads so they are best amatures id say,you being of the IABA cant be seen to be associated with cobble stuff eh brandy ainy mcginley got a couple good sons may get their licence i hear.

Celticbhoy, over the years the Cubans produced the best. No not allowed on the cobbles,haha. Was over fighting in Russia once, went a round with 2 russians in a cell, thats another story, was banned for 2 year.

basically the NASC is just a advisory body who have come on the outside and took over,i started scaffolding in 1963 (guess my age) them days you where graded by your peers (IE) fellow scaffs ,when you worked in a squad you had a top hand, fixer and labourer,you worked your way through for a couple of yrs and went for your trainee card via the union,worked for another couple of yrs then went for your second card (fIXER) and so on,this system worked very well ,in 1976 went offshore for Palmec (PALMERS) a few yrs later we where told we had to gget a citb card no one had heard of them ,bearing in mind by this time i had been in the scaffolding industry for15yrs ,having worked overseas ,and now offshore ,the offshore work was a lot different them days, if you did not hack it it was by by,Shell whose platform we where on kicked up a stink, needlessly to say we got what yrs later was classed as a grandads card ,but whatever ,i carried on working offshore till the mid 90s till it became a joke,i took a look at the scaffolding industry and some of the people that where now running the jobs and decided enough was enough, done a nebosh never looked back,what i am saying regarding the now ecitb cards they came out in the early 80s no reason why or what for just pay four pounds and your company paid four pounds for then a eitb card which was a black trade card ie engingneering background ,you then had the transport and general workers running a scaffolding card scheme you had a sitution where a lot of scaffs where double barreled card holders so they could have the chance to get a job, wherever there is a chance for any organisation to pick a working mans pockets legally someone will come along and gloss over the main issue not if your cabable of doing the job only if you can figure out who or what critirea the scaffolding industry is run by.

denbo

Our Career's appear to have parallel paths, all be bit that I never started in the Scaffolding Industry until 1972 ( SGB Trained ), I have just revalidated my Offshore Certs and will return to Offshore Assignments soon, Im looking at Decomm procedures for the very Offshore Installations the old Guard Built in the Brent Field in the very early 70's, however, I got to agree our Industry has become disjointed and bled dry by Impostors---where will we find that which is lost---can we, the Scaffold Erectors reclaim ownership of our Industry ???

Garry...

couldnt have put it any better garry.
but i would like to say as regards ecitb cards,a lot of these guys have been working on shutdowns and coining it in for years knowing that the cards were going to be closed down.
sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate,i had to myself as i couldnt get sponsored for my advanced card.
everything we do as workers needs somesort of paperwork,its all about proportion of blame

Top Bottom