Ecitb scaffs tkt

some men look at the world in mathamatics ie percentages and the like i find i very hard to comprehend someone who takes the unknowen and then starts to map out a mathamatical explanation of that said mystery,when in fact he should obtain factual data to 1st support his claims.in the case of mr hawkins im afraid nobody dare take the risk of a fact finding mission to where his claims lie,all in all he is using mathamatical equations of this realm to describe the workings of a realm nobody knows anything of and for that matter may never.

cant fault you garry hope its a 13ft get a right spring into the pub garden lmfao!!!

Celticbhoy

Very profound and would expect nothing less from a Bro' Scaffolder :cool:

Chase the peril of wisdom

Square the Circle

exactly gar finite moves could not prove such an equation just as mr hawkins will never prove his data,excellent similar point mate.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

lol to true brandy.

I,m covering the job tomorrow,will take photos and post. SCCR H.S.E. NASC need to issue clear guidelines to builders about any unauthorised moving of scaffolding As
mentioned in an earlier post, managers will turn a blind eye to other trades tampering with scaffolding but scream blue murder if anyone tampers with other services. Why???The powers that be will put the Eictb boys on the dole,but allow tampering by the untrained.... I guess scaffolding is not taken seriously untill some one is hurt or a scaffold collapses. The man on the ground is piggy in the middle im afraid.

On all three meeting with the HSE this was brought up as a major issue.

The scaffolder has to walk around in a full body harness which is last resort, we now have to balance on ladders to put in advanced rails.

Yet other trades can please them selves when they come across a brace in the way, a tie in the wall or a handrail that restricts them loading out the independent scaffold as opposed to walking a bit further to the loading bay!!!

The HSE cannot class the removal of ties as reportable due to the fact it can't be policed :wacko:

All we can do is try & educate the main contractors, this is something we are working on now with a poster campaign as a start, which will be backed by the HSE.

Stewart Quinney

balfour bovis galliford are the contractors on the olympic sites who do remove people who interfer with scaffolding zero tolarence rule,and to give them a pat on the back i have seen many trades put off the job for such acts,i belive we are going in the right direction on this issue.

ragscaff

It really beggars belief that the HSE cannot create and implement strategy to combat non-compliance of which in effect is a Breach of the Guarding Regs.

One would not expect a Saw Mill to operate without the required Guarding Regime to be in place.

i have long advocated that scaffold users should be given inductions into the appreciation of scaffolders and scaffolding,ie no tampering.
on the subject of ties being removed lyndons have a tie tag which highlights the fact t6hat the tube is in fact a tie,a very good idea from a progressive company

Celticbhoy

Got to say that there are several Principal Contractor employ a policy of zero tolerance---the Oil and Gas Sector have implemented this Safety Culture for quite some time as you know---

Perhaps the Human Factor should be looked at in a more in depth manner---why do Operatives remove component parts ect, ect---

As ragscaff has eluded too, there is to be launched a Poster Campaign to educate offenders, however, ignorance is no defense in Law.

Pressure is a factor, when the Operative is has to make his wages in price ect, he will remove any object that stops him from achieving a living wage, therefore, the Principal Contractor must shoulder some responsibility in some respect.

garry as long as the culprit is a self employed man as is the case on the majority of building sites the main contractor will wash his hands of him.
the best way i think to moveaway from this type of behaviour is to to end the price work culture,which is non existant in the oil and gas sector.
i beleive that is because there is a higher level of union membership in that sector leading to less bullying by employers and contractors

gar you beat me to the punch its purely financial the reasons for the illegal removal of scaffolding components,like happy said education education education is and has been on the go for years with such campaigns as you speak of,but until the main contractor is solely made judicially responsible for the bastardising of scaffolds then im afraid we will continue to encounter such bad practice mate.

happyhugenoet

Strategies to Regulate the unauthenticated removal of component part were discussed on the Forum a while ago and Tie Tagging was one of the Methods discussed.

Many lock nut devises were offered up for consideration---however, I went for the cost affective Triangular Bolt, this provision would be a physical and mechanical barrier in that, a Triangular Bolt would not be readily remover without the specific Triangular Box/Key and are more cost effective than the Lock nuts on the Market.

Got to recognize that Lyndon are a progressive PLC and one of the Best to work for---firm but fair...

Gar...

just a practice dont worry

Attachments

• scaff pics april 2011 031.jpg
    scaff pics april 2011 031.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 18
just had a look myself frederick total amazement. but!!!! why put these on the ecitb thread. these lads that built these jobs want sacking!!!

My earlier post dico,I nearly got sacked for complaining,and in support of the Eictb boys,as you know what scaffs have to wear harnesses and scaff steps etc,but site managers allow others to move tube,window fitters,brickies etc.

fair play frederik see if you can find out what tickets they have mate you quiet in your right to complain that hampstead site sounds like a accident waiting to happen

Top Bottom