Ecitb scaffs tkt

me thinks they're actually reading this on the forum and there heartbeats are going to get faster for the new year and it wont be by taking drugs.

methinks that they know the walls are closing in and they extended the card to try appease the men somewhat,non dialouge with the sccr seems to accentuate the problems they have to my mind.

like a gas bill thats been shoved under the carpet it always catches up with you in the end roll on 2011.

Had a reply to my email from Tom Hardacre, where i asked the questions that Ragscaff had given us Ecitb Scaffolders who are unite union members;

Dear Mr Tom Hardacre

Have been in contact with the SCCR, who as you know are trying to help the Ecitb scaffolders who have been let down by the various groups involved with the withdrawal of the ticket.

I have been asked to ask these questions, and see if i can get a reply to the problem,

1/ Why did the union not agree a deal for the ECITB membership to gain assessed route of access into the CISRS scheme?

2/ Why is a union representative named as a scheme owner of the CISRS scheme?

3/ What is the point of an extra year with a ticket that has been made useless by this action & no funding available to transfer to the CISRS scheme from trainee stage?

4/ Why won't you talk with the SCCR?

I hope you can help with this matter, its a problem that is not going to go away.

Regards
Richard

This was the reply,

Dear Richard
Further to your email below, 02 Jan

Q1
The question seems to imply a "deal" at some time was offered to the union, to my knowledge no "deal" was ever offered. ( I need some clarity) Please also note CISRS well not accept the assessment route for competency, has I have explained to you in previously

Q2
The latest CISRS pamphlet on the website names both Alan Ritchie and Bob Blackman as "scheme owners". This is merely a term used to imply an endorsement of the scheme rather than literal ownership, as CISRS is part of the CSCS scheme

Q3
This is merely an attempt to help scaffolders get onto the CISRS scheme by giving additional time to enrol

Q4
I need to know what you believe SCCR is and are/will be able to achieve?. I am also not sure who SCCR are and I have not been able to locate them on line

Regards Tom

Thanks T.Animal.

Can you PM me his address so I can check I have the right one. Have contacted him on more than one occasion.

Funny he can't search us out on line. Google & Yahoo both come up with SCCR as first search page!!!

Regards Stewart

Last edited:
In your msg box now stewart, even us hairy arsed scaffolders know how to google, mind you looking at Captain America, think he has the sack,back and crack treatment.:nuts:

animal i tried before xmas to speak to someone from unite about the ecitb card scheme and what representation they were offering their members with this card,i have represented this crowd as steward on variouse sites on variouse occasions.on calling them i was told they would get someone to contact me,NOTHING.thats just what they will be getting from my bank account,best of luck with this mate anything i can do that would help you in anyway poss i will.

Had this sent today from unite,
Sent on behalf of Tom Hardacre, National Officer

Dear Richard

Please find enclosed Skills Card for Scaffolders paper the content of which is self explanatory

Regards
Elaine Heathcote
Secretary to Tom Hardacre, National Officer, Construction & John Nolan, National Secretary, Finance
Unite the Union
Parkgates, Bury New Road
Prestwich, Manchester, M25 0JW
Tel. No 08456 010653

Attachments

• Ecitb Card.zip
    56.3 KB · Views: 27
I thought the grant levy finished up last year. Thats what we were told. Dave Abs telling people to hurry up & register?

Not bad over £1600 to pay over three years & you get an advanced card or do I read it wrong!!

Mind you they say you can take your ECITB card into any site until the end of the year no problem...............................Hold on I had a guy whos not on the forum with an ECITB card who has been out of work because no one will accept his card, who does he go to about that!!

Simian:: can the ECITB scaffolders get funded or not?

Stewart

P.S. I will post this on their pages as well!! :eek:

The CITB levy is only for registered firms. The ECITB scaffolders have not been able to use their cards for over a year & that is not going to change.

The guys we want to help are out of work & cannot afford training, they have much needed skills that the Industry cannot afford to lose!

Why can't the SCCR register to the CITB & put the ECITB ticket holder through their part 2 direct?

One main stumbling block the powers to be who started this mess have all gone to ground. The CITB wont talk to us, the Union won't talk to us & the ECITB say talk to the Union & the CITB.

CISRS is there to make money & caught in the middle a bit but still could help these guys a bit more than they are.

Regards Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

What it is saying that you can gain your part 2 in 6 months knocking 12 months off it, there is no mention of the 1 day assessment after your part 2, which is a further £250 to £300, it mentions 2010 so i think this was for last year, most courses ive seen is about £960, not £800 and if your unemployed, how can you put a portfolio together. saw this on the NASC page.

The Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme

The CISRS has been running training courses through approved training providers for over 30 years. The days of "Grandfather Rights" have long since gone. The CISRS does however recognise the need to offer training and assessment courses for operatives of all ages and levels of experience. Through approved training providers (List of CISRS Approved Training Providers) courses can be found for all interested parties ranging from school leavers to operatives who have been in the industry for a number of years but have never held a valid qualification.

I think that statement is a joke it recognises nothing, oh it knocks 12 months off, im sure i should be grateful:mad:

well put stewart the organisations you mention are trying the three wise monkey tactics mate,stinks of colusion the whole affair.

Seems to me the more pressure that is put on by us the more funny statements come out, as T.Animal says the note from the Union is 2010. Why has no one seen it before?

E-mails & letters have been going to all these organisation as far back as June last year. Bet they sorted their Christmas Party quicker!!!:cry:

Stewart

well put stewart the organisations you mention are trying the three wise monkey tactics mate,stinks of colusion the whole affair.

hold off with the 3 wise monkeys thats our logo.

lol a knew you would interject when i used that saying simian,i hope i havent caused a breach of industrial copyright with the use of the phrase.i shant infringe this on your good selves again,apoligies.

The CITB levy is only for registered firms. The ECITB scaffolders have not been able to use their cards for over a year & that is not going to change.

The guys we want to help are out of work & cannot afford training, they have much needed skills that the Industry cannot afford to lose!

Why can't the SCCR register to the CITB & put the ECITB ticket holder through their part 2 direct?

One main stumbling block the powers to be who started this mess have all gone to ground. The CITB wont talk to us, the Union won't talk to us & the ECITB say talk to the Union & the CITB.

CISRS is there to make money & caught in the middle a bit but still could help these guys a bit more than they are.

Regards Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

As far as we are aware CISRS is a not for profit company, they only get money from auditing the centres to cover expenses. CSCS/Construction Skills has the card money, the touch screen money goes to Prometric (construction Skills), the NVQ is Construction Awards Alliance (Construction Skills). The training centres are the only organisations who profit from the scheme.

Top Bottom