Ecitb scaffs tkt

thank the lord that episode is over for the time being,now we can get back to the seriouse stuff.

was talking about having to keep up with superscaffs posts animal not the eictb ticket thread mate,i know it only just begun mate and best of luck with it as you have all our support on this issue.

ok celticboy, thanks for everyones support, i see why admin had a chat, reading the word association, beats scaffy with his one word answers:laugh::laugh: whos going to get to the 1000 posts first then, between you and superscaff 75:bigsmile:

he keeps on saying hello to everyone 5times so ad say him mate,you never know he maybe have darts couple nights this week,he gets imself in a right state at the darts.

Sorry for putting this on this thread, just thought i would bring it back to the front page, emailed Mr Hardacre this, this morning,

Dear Mr Hardacre

I have received a letter from Ecitb extending the ticket to another year in order for everyone to be Cisrs carded, as your aware the ticket is no longer accepted by the majority of companys and sites these days.

I would like to know if the union are looking into a shorten route to obtaining the card for experienced scaffolders or whether the union are looking into any other ways that this matter can be sorted out without having to start again with 17 year olds in doing the part 1 and then 6 months+ to do part 2, and nearly 2000 pounds+ accomadation and living expenses to do it. If the assessed route was still good enough up until 2006, even when the Working at Height Regulation was brought in, in 2005, why cant scaffolders with 10+ years experience do an assessed route that maybe could be open for say a minimum of 1 year, so everyone would be carded with the one ticket, and not at a hell of a lot of expense to spend 20 days at a college, when you have the knowledge and experience not to warrant it.

I am currently still not working and there is no funding in the south east, to obtain this ticket, its seems if your employed you can get help or if you live up North there is some funding still available.

I hope you can help in this matter

Regards

Unfortunately i havent received the ecitb letter as the ex mrs has lost it with redirecting it to me:evil: so i dont fully know the content only that it was to be extended by a year,

This is the reply i got which was very prompt, emailed David Mosley today as well over another matter and he was also very prompt and helpful.

Dear
Along with the letter you received from the ECITB you should have received a letter explaining a shortened route for scaffolders currently registered on the ECITB data base. This is the best we have been able achieve in our discussions with CISRs, that gives recognition to scaffolders currently on the ECITB data base.
The assessment route you refer to, CISRs will not entertain any changes to the structure for competency. I'm given to understand the CISRs competency structure has now been in place for a number of years now, and has become an accepted process

Regarding your personal issues I suggest in the first instance you contact David Edwards at the ECITB. David may be able to assist you or point you in the right direction. Or get back in contact with myself, hope this information is of some help

Regards Tom

So thats as much as i know at the moment:blink1:

Last edited:
Spoke with Dico earlier, he had nothing with his letter about a shortened time. U think your getting somewhere and then your realise your not.:sad:

I have had a copy of the letter sent out to the ECITB lads from Mr Edwards but did not get any info in regards a quick route. This was mentioned in a letter I have seen that the Union sent someone a while back & I think I asked the ECITB a few months ago about it & was told no agreement was made then.

I will contact Mr Edwards & Mr Hardacre again after Christmas to try & gain more information in regards a quick route!!!

Stewart Quinney
SCCR
Chairman

Cheers Ragscaff,

Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New year mate.:bigsmile:

phoned the bank canceled my d\debit to the jokers that are unite union phoned one of the centres surprise surprise there was no one to take my call reguarding the matter so i left my name num for them to contact me..........nothing,to quote the right honourable fergus mccann THEY WONT BE GETTING ONE THIN DIME FROM ME AGAIN.i think all scaffs that pay good hard earned cash to this lot should reconsider there position after their lack of action on the matter.

i have seen the letter that was sent out and it more or less tells scaffolders to get on the CISRS route, the shortened way is not mentioned, i will email it SF admin to post as it has a name and address on. It does also ask for you to fill in a questionnaire to tell ECITB who has yet to register in the pre paid envelope.

In short and how i see it is you need to know how many letters were sent out, there are around 40,000 scaffolders in the uk registered. If there are 4,000 ECITB then 10% is a voice, 400 and you may struggle.

We can go down the road of one is a bonus however i have down tools for a lot less and got no where so we need to be realistic.

i have seen the letter that was sent out and it more or less tells scaffolders to get on the CISRS route, the shortened way is not mentioned, i will email it SF admin to post as it has a name and address on. It does also ask for you to fill in a questionnaire to tell ECITB who has yet to register in the pre paid envelope.

In short and how i see it is you need to know how many letters were sent out, there are around 40,000 scaffolders in the uk registered. If there are 4,000 ECITB then 10% is a voice, 400 and you may struggle.

We can go down the road of one is a bonus however i have down tools for a lot less and got no where so we need to be realistic.

The main problem with the ECITB getting assessed route is the lack of formal training. That goes for at least 90% of assessed route of entry!!!!

Of which I am one of, over 20 years no training but nothing in scaffolding I haven't done or can't do. except off shore!!!

What happens to me?

Why are the unions saying a deal was done when we all know that is not true!!!!

Stewart Quinney
SCCR
Chairman

hi simian this issue will ultimately end up out of the durisdiction of those bodies,there are a body of men about to have their right to work taken from them by people with pound signs in their eyes,we currently in the scaffold industry are experiancing the biggest gravey train ive ever witnessed.this will go to the european employment courts where their argument will i think be looked upon very favourably,in fact the extra year given by the eictb may have been forced by the action taken by the eictb accredited men.best of luck to them and their families during their struggle for equality.

i apreciate your coments but weve not had a very good feed back from simian
in the past with the ecitb issue iam not gana go over olde ground but most members know where iam comeing from we may be small fry in a big lake but
iam not about to have my career cut short untill weve taken this all the way
as for your other input to the forum its welcome but i think with the ecitb issue we no what you really think but hey its a forum and that why we all go on it for advice and scaffolding and a good chat :)

i apreciate your coments but weve not had a very good feed back from simian
in the past with the ecitb issue iam not gana go over olde ground but most members know where iam comeing from we may be small fry in a big lake but
iam not about to have my career cut short untill weve taken this all the way
as for your other input to the forum its welcome but i think with the ecitb issue we no what you really think but hey its a forum and that why we all go on it for advice and scaffolding and a good chat :)

Being a scaffolder and once having an EITB card followed by an ECITB card i do know the format well. I was lucky i got my part 2 and advanced paid for but i had to pay for my own part one on a credit card and hope i got a job to pay it back. In a nutshell this was Simian's first post to the ECITB thread and if other people from Simian post under thier own or nicknames it is their own view, this is the view of Simian.

The history is: assessed route came along in 1996 to attempt to capture the scaffs who were missed under the 1979 grandfather rights, it was only supposed to last five years and ended up being 10 and abused by people fiddling five and 10 year experience and the centres taking the money and passing them off. One story when i worked at Safety and Access as their Regional Safety Consultant was they took a scaffolder off the Advanced AROE as he had 9 years experience instead of 10, he appealed to CITB who said they would have trained him. Whats that all about?

Anyway the Work at Height came along and stated training thus assessed route had to go, courses were already booked so the end of 2006 finished it. It would be extremely difficult to resurrect.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Being a scaffolder and once having an EITB card followed by an ECITB card i do know the format well. I was lucky i got my part 2 and advanced paid for but i had to pay for my own part one on a credit card and hope i got a job to pay it back. In a nutshell this was Simian's first post to the ECITB thread and if other people from Simian post under thier own or nicknames it is their own view, this is the view of Simian.

The history is: assessed route came along in 1996 to attempt to capture the scaffs who were missed under the 1979 grandfather rights, it was only supposed to last five years and ended up being 10 and abused by people fiddling five and 10 year experience and the centres taking the money and passing them off. One story when i worked at Safety and Access as their Regional Safety Consultant was they took a scaffolder off the Advanced AROE as he had 9 years experience instead of 10, he appealed to CITB who said they would have trained him. Whats that all about?

Anyway the Work at Height came along and stated training thus assessed route had to go, courses were already booked so the end of 2006 finished it. It would be extremely difficult to resurrect.

I do have an idea for this but its as said before its the numbers game.

Simian,

Do you agree the reason the ECITB will be removed is due to no training?

If so why are the assessed route of entry not included in the same boat?

Stewart Quinney

i apreciate your comments siman but as you get older you get more wiser as you no what will be will be we could go on untill the cows come home probably why the threads is on its way to 20.000 hits.

Top Bottom