Ecitb scaffs tkt

is this what has come too!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3YblQUbq7o]YouTube - Give Me a Job - Funny animation[/ame]

Simian,

Do you agree the reason the ECITB will be removed is due to no training?

If so why are the assessed route of entry not included in the same boat?

Stewart Quinney

I think it was removed because it had no training involved at all and i think ECITB wanted rid to move onto other trades, the assessed route training was all done at CISRS centres by qualified CISRS instructors alongside an NVQ2 or 3. The instructors were also qualified NVQ assessors. It gives the assessed route a bit of substance if there was an accident with one of the scaffolders involved.

Prior to going on the course you had to submit all your paperwork in a workbook showing experience and testimonies. Simply it had an auditable trail should the HSE come investigating and they backed it.

you lot wana leave the booze alone lol.

i apreciate your comments siman but as you get older you get more wiser as you no what will be will be we could go on untill the cows come home probably why the threads is on its way to 20.000 hits.

i agree, i will follow with great interest.

I think it was removed because it had no training involved at all and i think ECITB wanted rid to move onto other trades, the assessed route training was all done at CISRS centres by qualified CISRS instructors alongside an NVQ2 or 3. The instructors were also qualified NVQ assessors. It gives the assessed route a bit of substance if there was an accident with one of the scaffolders involved.

Prior to going on the course you had to submit all your paperwork in a workbook showing experience and testimonies. Simply it had an auditable trail should the HSE come investigating and they backed it.

I had no training at all on this ASRE!

My experience at the time is less than a large percentage of the ECITB guys. They have experience so why not access that experience & enter them at the level they are at? Or as I have been saying any scaffolder with experience? I got my gold card!!!!

This is an issue I will be taking up with the CISRS.

Stewart

that last comment was to ragscaff video!! all i keep hearing is trainning iam no superscaff
but i no what iam doing the same as a lot of lads ive worked with theres not one person
that knows me that would give me a bad refrence ive learnt from the best of the best
most are olde boys now as for trainning jesus how much do we need every time i hear trainning its an insult yeah i agree you need to show competence just cause weve got an ecitb ticket dosent mean we walk round with a piece of string round your waste with
a spanner lmfao we do ave feelings and bills to paye just wana carry on our career instead of joinning the dole with the other 5.000000.

I had no training at all on this ASRE!

My experience at the time is less than a large percentage of the ECITB guys. They have experience so why not access that experience & enter them at the level they are at? Or as I have been saying any scaffolder with experience? I got my gold card!!!!

This is an issue I will be taking up with the CISRS.

Stewart

I think you have a really good angle there

An interesting quote from Mr Edwards in correspondence with the SCCR and why the ECITB Scaffolders scheme was removed

" This is because of the HSE requirement for demonstrable competence.

Unfortunately, the ECI Skills Database is not based on assessment of competence to nationally agreed standards. CISRS does this for scaffolders and the ACE initiative does this for other skills within the industry."

The interesting point being the HSE requirement for demonstrable competence is based on ASSESSMENT to a nationally agreed standard . NASC/CISRS have different take on "demonstrable competence" which is based on training, insisting that ECITB scaffolders be TRAINED before they can be join CISRS at an appropriate skill level rather than ASSESSED to a nationally agreed standard (NVQ) as per HSE requirements.

There appears to be an overwhelming case for the return of the Assessed Route of Entry to fast track ECITB card holders into CISRS at a level appropriate to their skill and experience .

Attached is a letter sent to a ECITB scaffolder a couple of weeks ago.

ecitb-letter.gif

The letter was kindly provided by Simian

Last edited:
Well have received mine now, filled out and posted, will we ever get to find out the figure of how many scaffs are Ecitb, and not cisrs registered, or will it be due to the small number of scaffs left that have this ticket, there is nothing further we can do.

Well have received mine now, filled out and posted, will we ever get to find out the figure of how many scaffs are Ecitb, and not cisrs registered, or will it be due to the small number of scaffs left that have this ticket, there is nothing further we can do.

well ecitb dont either no! otherwise they wouldnt give you a questionaire
asking you wether your cisrs registered or are you gana register for a cisrs card they dont no there self another question theve asked are you employed
or unemployed and what union your with so my answer animal is that ecitb
dont no there self.

Happy new year ecitb 26 plus years olde and still going nearly catching up with cisrs with its 30 years soon be 2011 new year fresh start for debate !!!!!!!

well ecitb dont either no! otherwise they wouldnt give you a questionaire
asking you wether your cisrs registered or are you gana register for a cisrs card they dont no there self another question theve asked are you employed
or unemployed and what union your with so my answer animal is that ecitb
dont no there self.

I find this letter from Ecitb embarrassing for them not knowing their numbers, it's as if they don't care.

well well .. intresting info for the new year.. Bob Blackman the man who sold all ECITB scaffs by by .. have a read of this .....

mmmm according to what im reading Alan richie and Bob Blackman were owners of the

B&CE Benefit Schemes | Our board members

Gerry Lean is Employer's Secretary to the Construction Industry Joint .... Bob Blackman has worked in the construction industry throughout his working life ... Alan Ritchie served his time as a joiner and joined UCATT at 18 years of age ...
B&CE Benefit Schemes | Welcome to B&CE Benefit Schemes
B & C E INSURANCE LIMITED of RH10 9QP in CRAWLEY WEST SUSSEX

MR GERALD CHARLES LEANParticulars Changed as director on 18 Oct 2010 (Document). MR ROBERT JOHN BLACKMANParticulars Changed as director on 18 Oct 2010 ... ALAN SIM RITCHIEParticulars Changed as director on 02 Sep 2010 (Document) ...
B & C E INSURANCE LIMITED of RH10 9QP in CRAWLEY WEST SUSSEX - Cached

Considerate Constructors Scheme - Top 30 Power Players

Bob Blackman, National Secretary, Construction TGWU/Amicus 26. Alan Ritchie, General Secretary, UCATT 27. John McDonough, Chief Executive, Carillion ...

The Building & Civil Engineering Charitable Trust

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
30 Sep 2009 ... Gerry Lean FCIPD. Director of Industrial Relations: ... Alan Ritchie. General Secretary: UCATT. Director of BCEHSML ...
http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/sca...ion.gov.uk/.../Ends32\0001004732_ac_20090930_ e_c.pdf

[PDF]
Web Edition Revised September 2008

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
January 2008. Scheme Owners. Gerry Lean. Alan Ritchie. Robert Blackman ...
www.cisrs.org.uk/documents/Cisrs_Cap_609_2008_003.pdf

looks like he's having a very good life to me...and we paid subs for THIS.....

TIME FOR MONOPOLIES COMMISSION ME THINKS..........

Last edited:
Bob Blackman was the so called deal maker for the ECITB.

The deal no one wants to talk about!!!

So did he had a vested interest in the CISRS?

Getting interesting!!

the plot thickens on this one,eictb are going to lose on this one when it reaches european courts.

Top Bottom