Ecitb scaffs tkt

Just emailed Unite again see if we get a response from that one. Nothing like looking after your members, maybe cause im only paying 1.08 a month while im not working instead of nearly 11 a month, then im not worth as much to them.:unsure:
Thats why the SCCR are worth every penny of that £10 for the year not a month a year to us scaffolders, so come on get joining now:cool:

Maybe if the SCCR kicks off big time they may think of introducing a Scaffolders Union!!!!!!

We can represent scaffolders & companies alike to promote the Industry as a whole! Not sure you would call that a union!

Regards Ragscaff

I assume their is no more information in regards Unite from Wed meeting?:wondering:

This is what i emailed that Malcolm Bonnet at Unite,
Hi Malcolm,
I emailed you a couple of weeks ago, about the problem with the Ecitb ticket in that i could no longer get employment, you said you would forward it to Bob Blackman i believe.
Well ive been in touch with the SCCR, Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights and they are having a meeting at the end of the month with the HSE in regarding the Ecitb ticket. Ive spoken to Steve Gregory of the SCCR and says he has emailed you with a view of someone from the committe attending your meeting on the 7th oct with working together to resolve this problem, for a great number of us scaffolders that can no longer obtain work, and dont have any money to obtain the recognised ticket Cisrs, but as of yet has had no relply from yourself, the meeting being tomorrow it seems it will be to late now.
I wonder if you would get in touch with the SCCR on my behalf and talk to them in achieving the same aim. You can contact Steve Gregory at **************.com or at sccr@sky.com
Hoping you can be of help.

I didnt get a reply from this, so left it till fri, to hear something, which i havent, so going to ring monday morning and if i dont get any joy, then going to take it futher and put a complaint against there handling of it and the lack of correspondance:notrust:

the complaints have been registered so a reply should of followed i realise that some have money issues with the course but it goes deeper than the course fees.if you didnt
have a scaffold ticket then cisrs and nasc have a argument. but dont allow scaffolders
to work with ecitb for over 2 decades and take it away thanks for all the support that people have given exspecially ragscaff and the sccr.

Since i asked about how many guys owned there own firms on here and what size there are,thanks for the response, ive just heard if the Ecitb thread reached 500 posts then Scaffy is going to give me a job and a company van, plus driver cause DVLA have got my licence for another 2 years, so can we have some more posts please. Scaffy your not allowed to post on this thread.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now the yanks have taken over in this country it seems, the once great SGB, Scaffolding Great Britain, were the benchmark of scaffolding and now, not worthy of a title anymore, the americans love a lawsuit against anything that moves, maybe we should adopt this procedure, if i get no joy with the recognising of my Ecitb ticket, the 15 years of scaffolding and holding this ticket for 10 years, the work ive done, someone is accountable for putting me out of work, this isnt finished with yet.:mad:

we all no that working in the industrial sector affects your health in the long run but! we
knew this when we joined.to be thrown and tossed aside is discracefull i hope this dosent
end in a law court and gets resolved soon as this could cost some one dearly there are
82 days left before the ecitb is shelved.even though its been done unlawfully already if
the partys ivolved have any discency they will let this throw if this had happened 15.20.
years ago there would of been a complete walk out in the power industry.every one i
no how are nasc members say its ludicrious. but are going with there orders.

Hi i have just heard on the beating drum that there has been some talk of a skills test that would allowed ECITB scaffolders to cross over to CISRS. I dont no the full details but the unions and the NASC are all involved.

Hi i have just heard on the beating drum that there has been some talk of a skills test that would allowed ECITB scaffolders to cross over to CISRS. I dont no the full details but the unions and the NASC are all involved.

The law does not allow for that mate.

It will be formal training or nothing.

Very interesting, thankyou Instructor for that mate.

Can anybody think why this turnaround might have happened ?
I have my thoughts, 4 initials spring to mind and the ECITB tkt thread.

Very interesting, thankyou Instructor for that mate.

Can anybody think why this turnaround might have happened ?
I have my thoughts, 4 initials spring to mind and the ECITB tkt thread.

There will be no 'turnaround' mate.

Like I said before, the law does not allow for it. NASC/CISRS/SCCR/HSE - none of those orginisations can change that.

Harsh, but true.

The law does not allow for that mate.

It will be formal training or nothing.

Hows that mate! surely it can be seen the same as Assessed route of entry, which i did myself in 2000, after 22 years on the spanners.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

There will be no 'turnaround' mate.

Like I said before, the law does not allow for it. NASC/CISRS/SCCR/HSE - none of those orginisations can change that.

Harsh, but true.

Which law is that mate?

Hows that mate! surely it can be seen the same as Assessed route of entry, which i did myself in 2000, after 22 years on the spanners.

The assesed route of entry was scrapped for the same reason. The WAH regs requires formal training as opposed to an assesement of any description.

It basically all comes down to a 2001 EU directive.

So if you wanna change the rules, you'd better head off to Brussels.

European Amending Directive 2001/45/EC

Last edited:

A skills assesment & training at the level they are at I hope. This would work for everybody. Oh yes funded as well.

The skills some of the guys have a saturday should do it!!

Ragscaff

Top Bottom