What has happened to this place?

Only just catching up with this thread.

Admin - as the events unfolded over the weekend I was really feeling gutted for you, knowing that you would be walking into all that on Monday morning.

There was a really sensible thread (HSWT started) about how to move forward with the advent of the schizophrenic troll. I think we all thought not feeding them would do the trick.

However, when you get a troll of a different nature turning up, who knows the forum and when you won't be around, that's when it all turns very bad.

I think the fact that many accusations were fired at you personally, Admin, for the way you find yourself having to react to events was quite disgusting.

All the scaffs here, posting or not, this forum is for you and it amazes me that even after Admin has posted what he has at the top of this thread, you have allowed certain parts of the thread to go nasty and downhill.

This forum is one of the only independantly owned forums on the net - you should consider yourselves lucky that you aren't trying to pull your stunts on a sparks, tilers or plumbers forum - you'd be off, no arguement, banned IP, legal threats for if you ever return.

Admin has been incredibly lenient (I should know!) but some of you don't know the difference between craic banter and just nastiness. I think 14 mods are fine and the 3 to decide on a temporary ban is a great idea. It shouldn't matter if someone is a mod or not. No one should be worrying that what they may say could be moderated - if you're thinking that, don't say it! Simples*!

Now, think on! It's getting colder and you'll be staying in more. This forum is free and can be fun - make the most of it!

Sensible thread started by HSWT. What was that?

If it gets to hot in the Kitchen then get out , i lost interest in this Forum a very long time ago because of the childish immature reply s

If it was mine i would start afresh just like i did back in 2009 when my site got Hacked

I have never looked back since with over 83`000 members .

If it broke then it needs fixing other wise the rot sets in and you never get rid of it

uıɐbɐ uʍopǝpısdn;230623 said:
If it gets to hot in the Kitchen then get out , i lost interest in this Forum a very long time ago because of the childish immature reply s

If it was mine i would start afresh just like i did back in 2009 when my site got Hacked

If it broke then it needs fixing other wise the rot sets in and you never get rid of it

Your still here though.;)

I have to agree with Swifty on the off topic idea.

Conversations do naturally go off topic but should come back round to the thread topic, and I think most do, as this one has - in a meandering way.

The thing to be more aware of is when the thread just does dive to the depths of purile insults.

This thread has raised good points that people needed to get off their chests - like the training centres issue/ training in general. It is part of the general malaise that's hit the forum and if it gets talked about, in a sensible way, maybe it can be resolved.

Coming back to Admin's OP, it is very clear that none of us want the forum closed. So, it is up to the core membership. those that contribute the most and know who everyone is to keep more vigilent and identify those that would disrupt. But it doing so, resist the temptation of plummeting to their depths.

As suggested before, maybe new members should have posts moderated for the first 10 - 15 and existing members put under moderation when showing signs of becoming a kn*b!

Let's be honest, we all don't need spoon fed, you can usually spot a troll from 500 paces. The off topic discussions are what makes the place, any heavy self-regulation and you would be as well shutting the place as it would be as boring as. This is not linkedin or twatter or any other tinternet forum to promote your professional image, it's one of the few for just plain scaffolders.

By all means, restrict new members to say 50 posts before having the right to start a thread as surely by that time we will all know their intentions although that wouldn't have stopped all. The main problems lately has started from one incident, surely we don't have to go over board.

it would be a real shame if this was to end i have found the forum a very useful site over the years and have been in contact with some genuine people i say name and shame the culprits

An illusion, thats what it was HSWT,an illusion

I used to consider you a brother-in-arms dangeruss (2 s's). Since I was revealed as a ticketless, never been on a rig, black toothed, ecstasy taking, fat gutted scoundrel with a dodgy past and a wooden house you have started to extract the urine. Just remember who was appointed moderator and who wasnt!!!

uıɐbɐ uʍopǝpısdn;230623 said:

It just shows how important the SF is when other forum operators, with a lot more members, and who has lost interest in the SF can spare the time to comment. Just as many banned members cant keep away and keep coming back with alter egos. I got banned from a pub once (unbelievable I know) and months later bumped into the landlord who had banned me who said "When are you coming back in?". i replied "never the money I used to spend in yours now gets spent in other places."

I used to consider you a brother-in-arms dangeruss (2 s's). Since I was revealed as a ticketless, never been on a rig, black toothed, ecstasy taking, fat gutted scoundrel with a dodgy past and a wooden house you have started to extract the urine. Just remember who was appointed moderator and who wasnt!!!
You forgot to add "fugative ,wanted by the Dutch police"in your list of misdemeanor's

You forgot to add "fugative ,wanted by the Dutch police"in your list of misdemeanor's

You mean "fugitive"?
And as for being wanted by the Dutch police I have a letter exonerating me from all suspected wrong doing which I have had framed. This now takes pride of place hanging above the open fireplace in my wooden house.

You mean "fugitive"?
And as for being wanted by the Dutch police I have a letter exonerating me from all suspected wrong doing which I have had framed. This now takes pride of place hanging above the open fireplace in my wooden house.
If I didn't know better I'd swear that was you Phil,pretending to be HSWT.Did you both go the same school ?
I hope you left a space for the Part one certificate over the fire place, I suspect fossil fuels may well have run out by the time you achieve that lofty accolade so you might not need a space after all,or fire place.

If I didn't know better I'd swear that was you Phil,pretending to be HSWT.Did you both go the same school ?
I hope you left a space for the Part one certificate over the fire place, I suspect fossil fuels may well have run out by the time you achieve that lofty accolade so you might not need a space after all,or fire place.

Dont talk to me about that renegade phil181. He is busy out trying to drum up support for his futile attempt to take over my Director of Moderating position.
Obviously if I ever decide to light a fire in my wooden house i will use my part 1 certificate as a firelighter.I found it the other day and it actually says "passed the part 1 course" not "attended "like these modern efforts.

Dont talk to me about that renegade phil181. He is busy out trying to drum up support for his futile attempt to take over my Director of Moderating position.
Obviously if I ever decide to light a fire in my wooden house i will use my part 1 certificate as a firelighter.I found it the other day and it actually says "passed the part 1 course" not "attended "like these modern efforts.
They couldn't beg me to moderate now after that cruel snubbing. Phils never going to make director of moderating whilst JBG has chucked his hat into the ring for the job (he's far more placid)

no doubt he will return tonight
i wonder who else might turn up,i will have to get the misses to bring in some nelsons as friday night is generally fight night on the forum ;)

Top Bottom