What has happened to this place?

The Master , robert, ed wood , on and on , trolls and troblemakers of the forum , and all probably existing members under an alias , it shows up scaffs and the people who are scaffs , sadly lots of them are an un-educated bunch , now that somethings been said , it will probably die down , but for how long ?

the problem is that somebody somewhere gets it in their head that they dont like a certain person , then targets them with abuse , Jason Gibbs has been targeted before , i have myself , and theres been others , its just a sad indictment of the people who do our job , will it end , i dont think so , should the forum end, i dont think so , what can be done ? , nothing .

ulike other trades , scaffolders never seem to stick together ive noticed this over the years, it will never change there is a lot of back stabbing in scaffolding you just have to grit your teeth and get on with it the competion for jobs are to strong and everyone looks out for number 1. i have got many people work on blue book jobs in the past, but when i have phoned for the favour to be returned it never is, you learn by your mistakes i have and now look out for me and my traveling gang only, shame but its the way it is.

Very true Moons, but I think this is something that has developed over the last fifteen years to twenty years. Or maybe I was just fortunate enough to work with people who could walk into anywhere and walk the walk not just talk the talk.
There has always been healthy competition between scaffs (And so there should be) but as you say the back stabbing is now rife in certain parts of the industry but thankfully not everywhere.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

And as for the Scaffy, Steve Gregory and Ian Mills thing. Why not let the three back on but have them block each other so they can't see each others posts?

How can you argue with something you can't see?

what pisses me off about this place is in the last 3 months ive seen at least 3 people ask for help with their NVQ'S AND THE PAPERWORK INVOLVED , and theyve had people come on saying , if you cant do it , youre thick and responses like that.

The paperwork involved has changed a lot since the old days , lots of people on here would probably be incapable of doing what people have to do now.

T. Animal put a link up about the paperwork involved in his NVQ and not one FORUM PERSON COULD ANSWER ANY OF THE QUESTIONS OR TRIED TO HELP , this shows the forum for what it is, NO-ONE helping anyone.

Ive consistently highlighted the ******** hypocracies of what scaffs have to do compared with what companys get away with over the past year , while ive been RE=training and getting my cards , now that im done with all this **** , ive no reason to be here.

maybe this forum is getting the contempt that it deserves , thats just an observation , not my opinion

what pisses me off about this place is in the last 3 months ive seen at least 3 people ask for help with their NVQ'S AND THE PAPERWORK INVOLVED , and theyve had people come on saying , if you cant do it , youre thick and responses like that.

The paperwork involved has changed a lot since the old days , lots of people on here would probably be incapable of doing what people have to do now.

T. Animal put a link up about the paperwork involved in his NVQ and not one FORUM PERSON COULD ANSWER ANY OF THE QUESTIONS OR TRIED TO HELP , this shows the forum for what it is, NO-ONE helping anyone.

Ive consistently highlighted the ******** hypocracies of what scaffs have to do compared with what companys get away with over the past year , while ive been RE=training and getting my cards , now that im done with all this **** , ive no reason to be here.

maybe this forum is getting the contempt that it deserves , thats just an observation , not my opinion

No one minds pointing someone in the right direction, but some have come on here with their first post expecting strangers to do their paperwork for them.
Isn't there enough cheating going on in the training centres already?

All i see is a select few knowledgable members constantly offering their expertise for free,i'm sure they'll be glad to know their appreciated:unsure:

What really p.isses me off about this Forum is when some Pt1 or 2 is doing his course or paperwork and asks for help, is that the Training Schools on here who make a very good living from the Taxpayer and/or the trainee/employer keep quiet and offer no or very little help.

Even the designers and tax consultants post info for free on here.

What really p.isses me off about this Forum is when some Pt1 or 2 is doing his course or paperwork and asks for help, is that the Training Schools on here who make a very good living from the Taxpayer and/or the trainee/employer keep quiet and offer no or very little help.

Even the designers and tax consultants post info for free on here.

I dont think i've seen a scaffolding related question go unanswered on here ever,portfolio's are spelled out for trainee's during the course and the answers to the test at the end of each course are covered in the course and are in the notes on the desk in front of them,in fact it seems common practice for instructers to leave the room with the answer sheet left on view to make sure the questions are answered correctly,though i do accept that a lot of youngsters have trouble writing and listening,and if you dont listen then you wont have a feckin scooby,it's not rocket science,lol

I'm just saying that you rarely get a response from the training providers that are on here.

Know what your saying Swifty and agree

A fact of life is that you are judged on the company that you keep and organisations that you subscribe too.

The depths we have sunk too in recent months does not offer a rational platform for information to be passed on by professional organisations.:(

Only just catching up with this thread.

Admin - as the events unfolded over the weekend I was really feeling gutted for you, knowing that you would be walking into all that on Monday morning.

There was a really sensible thread (HSWT started) about how to move forward with the advent of the schizophrenic troll. I think we all thought not feeding them would do the trick.

However, when you get a troll of a different nature turning up, who knows the forum and when you won't be around, that's when it all turns very bad.

I think the fact that many accusations were fired at you personally, Admin, for the way you find yourself having to react to events was quite disgusting.

All the scaffs here, posting or not, this forum is for you and it amazes me that even after Admin has posted what he has at the top of this thread, you have allowed certain parts of the thread to go nasty and downhill.

This forum is one of the only independantly owned forums on the net - you should consider yourselves lucky that you aren't trying to pull your stunts on a sparks, tilers or plumbers forum - you'd be off, no arguement, banned IP, legal threats for if you ever return.

Admin has been incredibly lenient (I should know!) but some of you don't know the difference between craic banter and just nastiness. I think 14 mods are fine and the 3 to decide on a temporary ban is a great idea. It shouldn't matter if someone is a mod or not. No one should be worrying that what they may say could be moderated - if you're thinking that, don't say it! Simples*!

Now, think on! It's getting colder and you'll be staying in more. This forum is free and can be fun - make the most of it!
The words "sensible" and the name HSWT aren't what i'd call "bed-partners" (had to get that in)

For what it's worth,

I log in most days and cant be bothered most of the time to reply, I mean the topic starts with a sensible heading and within a few post it gets HI-JACKED take this one for example admin has posted a serious concern and what happens
it gets HI-JACKED by things that are totally irrelevant to the original topic!!

So a thought for you admin, you have a suitable number of mods let them do the right thing by starting to remove post that are totally irrelevant to the O/P
let them replace there post with
NOT TOPIC RELATED-----POST REMOVED
This is done on another forum I use and it works well.

Then the poster who has had his/her post removed can start there own with the heading WHY WAS MY REPLY REMOVED, then we can all ignore them. And perhaps they will go away!!
This might well at least be a start to getting the forum back on track.
Oh before I go perhaps if you try this, a longer grace period could be given then say your year end deadline.
Good luck on your decision.

I've been a member of this forum since july 2010, These last three or four months have frankly been a discrace for certain so called members.

I wouldn't blame Admin one bit if he decided to call it a day, who in all honesty would be prepared to put up with this nonsence, and I think nonsence is the word to use. Some members you'd think are adolescent kids the way they carry on.

How is the SCCR supposed to be taken seriously as our trade representative when you have idiots who spout their bile on the forum after a few bevvies on a weekend. I would have banned the ip address straight away if it were up to me.

Just a few points for you lads. Think about them.

It's a crying shame if we lose the forum, without it lads I fear we will have no chance of a voice within OUR industry.

Do you seriously want to leave it to the NASC ??

There are no perfect forums only perfect intentions !!! well done for trying Admin.

It would be a travisty if the few screwed it up for the many.

Or is it the people that have most to lose if the SCCR is successful that are trying to bring it down??

Sometimes not always the thread gets better when it goes off topic, just as a face to face conversation can.

Sometimes not always the thread gets better when it goes off topic, just as a face to face conversation can.

But it has nothing to do with the original topic, I mean this one alone goes on about training centres, lads asking questions about portfolio's and fisting!!
Yes we are all men of the world but start another topic, it's not rocket science.

Top Bottom