What do you do when your not scaffolding?

As a change from the beach I took the wife driving in the new car (manual). She stalled it straight away. I said "I thought you had a driving licence?". She replied yes for manual and automatic cars and also high powered motor bikes. I said " how the f did you pass the test?". The reply was "I didnt take a test just had a few lessons and then told them I could drive so they gave me the licence". Fantastic!!!

The motor's we drive are now all automatics but the odd shot the Mrs get's of the jeep I keep having to ask her to open the door just to let the clutch out.:eek:

She hates me saying that but the smell of burning clutch is getting unbearable.:(

Looks a good web site Philiosmaximus, why is your ugly mug not on it?

The motor's we drive are now all automatics but the odd shot the Mrs get's of the jeep I keep having to ask her to open the door just to let the clutch out.:eek:

She hates me saying that but the smell of burning clutch is getting unbearable.:(

Looks a good web site Philiosmaximus, why is your ugly mug not on it?

Iam in a few of the photos but not on the staff list for financial reasons ;)

haha, sleeping partner then.:noworry:

I will have another look.

of late well since 14th of feb i buy every paper going to see if theres any good news about the TEDDY BEARS,only to sit there shaking my heid in disbeleif and then throw them in the recycle bin and ask why the feck i bothered :cry:
rule brittania ;)

i posted that 1 about buying the papers so i didnt look sad,but really what else is there apart from scaffolding ? ;)

especially nowadays because you have to work every hour GOD sends to get a crust,well seen all the fishing,jetskiing and time with their familys MOB all own their companys or in senior management.
dont worry im glad for yous im not jealous now im a CEO :eek:

Fishing,caravaning,boozing,usually a combination of all three;):cool:
Bigfish this weekend the boat I bought is out on the hard standing for two weeks to get her anti-fouled.
Then the engines are to be serviced and the safety flares,smoke flares, liferaft ect are going to be upgraded in order for her to be seaworthy.
Then I am in business in my new venture as a charter-boat skipper.
I am hoping this will lead to me hanging up my spanners at long last.

WISH ME LUCK.;)

Will you charter for Scuba divers john ?
Yes I could phillio. That is another option. Also I have always wanted to learn to be a diver using the scuba. Wreck diving would be something different. My boat weighs 8.5 metric tonnes, and can accomodate 4 berths comfortably, maximum 6. She is also big enough to stay out in moderate seas for a few nights. This is all in the plans, but heres hoping.
When she is ready for business, I will pm you, BF and anyone else if interested.

Bigfish this weekend the boat I bought is out on the hard standing for two weeks to get her anti-fouled.
Then the engines are to be serviced and the safety flares,smoke flares, liferaft ect are going to be upgraded in order for her to be seaworthy.
Then I am in business in my new venture as a charter-boat skipper.
I am hoping this will lead to me hanging up my spanners at long last.

WISH ME LUCK.;)

Aye good luck with your new venture john,is'nt there a couple of skippers operating out of conwy already?or you got the market mate?

There are quite a few operating out of Conwy and it depends what fish you are after. As I have explained on the size of the vessel, if you like, can stay overnight on her if one wishes to go further out and land such fish as the tope, ect. The market is open like the sea is BF. I know some of the best places on the estuary for flounder or plaice and on the odd occasion, sole! but I am keeping this mum.;)

maybe a thread to ask the young team with their smartphones,WHAT THE FECK ARE YOU DOING YOUR MEANT TO BE SCAFFOLDING ;)
DONT BLAME THEM REALLY WISH I COULD HAVE DONE THAT INSTEAD OF PRACTICEING TWIRLING MY SPANNER WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN STANDING UP PADDYS :eek:

There are quite a few operating out of Conwy and it depends what fish you are after. As I have explained on the size of the vessel, if you like, can stay overnight on her if one wishes to go further out and land such fish as the tope, ect. The market is open like the sea is BF. I know some of the best places on the estuary for flounder or plaice and on the odd occasion, sole! but I am keeping this mum.;)

Have not been on a charter for a long time,my friend owns a boat and we occassionally get out of barmouth for the tope,was meant to go saturday morning,but there was a fair blow on,but most of my fishing nowadays is on the fly,the conwy and dee for trout and salmon:cool:

Good luck in your new venture John, sounds very interesting.

Might have been a more pertinent question Daftscaff but don't try and tell us you are all about the steel, what does a daft scaff do for a good day out?

Try and forget about reading the papers just now, what they don't know they are having great fun making up. The Teddy Bears are going nowhere.;)

I take it that's you in the picture BF?

yea mate,part of a club thats rents beats between betwys coed and llanrwst,and beats on the ledre,best sea trout rivers going;)
ssshhhhhh!;)

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

AOM. This is another ambition of mine. Eventually I wish to sail right round the island of Great Britain. If I ever have the dosh to do so this is my next ambition.
Owning and living on a boat was my first.
Still living the dream mate.;)

Top Bottom