What do you do when your not scaffolding?

Yea mate,that was off maderia,and i was connected to a 750lb blue marlin,fish of a lifetime;)

ya not friends with rex are ya lol . i u and ya marra defo got a face for the radio ;) i often catch 750lbs but its normally ten to two on a saturday night:love:

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

started at 5 with the sheet technique then progressed lolo

tbh it can take a long while to get ur licence as its very weather dependant i did mine in 1998 - in hours about 12 but that relates to weeks of sitting on the hill waiting for the wind to come on, a long weekend if the weathers good will see you to the 1st EP (elimentry pilot) then about another 16 or so to get ur CP(club pilot) then loads more hours of tests and such will get u to AP (advanced pilot) so u can start going cross country -thats when the real fun starts
although you can always do the loony tunes wayand buy one off ebay for £200 and teach urself lolo many have tried

what do you need to jump of the local cliff and sail about for a few hours on ya jack jones, theses been a few got in to truble been blew stright in to the cliff off take of and the local carvan sites had a few on the roof's lol aye **** just tring the sink or float method off the cliff lol ya dnt knwo it if right or rong na fek all lol them fishing lines that jold it together how would ya know if there ok if ya just get it off ebay and start running wid it on ya back lol and get up and then think how the fek do i get down lol

I have destroyed many a northerner who dared face me on the paintball field.....

A few more???

203_10620713383_702398383_676599_6313_n.jpg

Playing in a the woods for a change.

272_26600463383_702398383_1136213_8861_n.jpg

Thats me at the front charging

5890_137533598383_2010259_n.jpg

Learning to fire accurately with one hand while reloading without stopping shooting... is a trick you have to learn.

I do miss it sometimes, it's a rich mans game now :cry:

your right about getting blown back over the hill and i've seen it happen many times to novices - the lines are made out of kevlar and although do take a massive amount of stress they're not the problem- the canopy itself it made from a ripstop nylon fabric which gets bleached in the sun and ultravoilet weekens the fabric, so technically if you hadnt had it inspected (mini MOT type of thing) u do stand a good chance of gettin hurt.
the float or sink you discribed is called top to bottoms and you do load of em while traing,but the fun soon wears off after walking all the way back up the hill in all the kit(not funny at all)
although i've never hit a cliff,i have fallen a few thousand feet while up in merther a few years back after a really strong thermal collapsed my canopy lucky i was so high or hitting the top of the blorange would really av ruined my day, but wouldn't av hurt as much as one of those paintballs straight outta the fridge ,but its all part of the fun lolo

Last edited:
Still for the troops round here Flinty, admittedly not as professional looking as you lot. Shame to hear when only the people with cash get access to something you enjoy. It's like that a bit all over the world for golf but there are still plenty of council courses dotted around Scotland to entice and encourage younger one's. Having fun on the weekend shouldn't have to cost you an arm and a leg.

Is there a cowboys and indian version of this.Bow, and arrows with paintballs on the end.lol. on horses would be interesting.
Knights in armour???Hmmm..:idea:

one of my mates really bigged this up and got a load of the lads to go on a jolly last year -they all came back battered and bruised and my mate that arranged the whole thing has a scar on his neck that looks like a vampires feeding frenzy...we decided to go indoor motorcart racein this year and that was great fun but without the injuries lolo

I go sea fishing as much as poss. Love it!

Never really got the fishing bug but always like being on the water though.

Top Bottom