Stop ends

Just means you can go up and he can go down but not the other way round lol un less ya in oz and you can go down and he can go up lol

A Drop Cantilever and Hanger are two different things , think you lads have your wires crossed , Hanging scaffolds re done on the Advanced course ;)

If you can do a cantilever drop, then you can do a hanger... double on double handrails , been like that for ages now, although nowt wrong with double to lap.... worlds gone mad.... be putting fukin check fittings on handrails soon... ;)

If you can do a cantilever drop, then you can do a hanger... double on double handrails , been like that for ages now, although nowt wrong with double to lap.... worlds gone mad.... be putting fukin check fittings on handrails soon... ;)

YOUR NOT ALLREADY CHECKING HANDRAILS ON BRACED BAYS TUT TUT NEXT ULL BE TELLING MY YOU DONT CHECK THE TE BOARDS AN ALL :laugh:

I check my baseplates, don't you?
only on tuss outs

baseplates got a few on our firm leeds:laugh::laugh:still get payed every week thou:laugh:
any jobs going laying them lot of responsabilities laingy the base plates trust me i know have already layed the sole pads on few ocasions but hopeing to get the advances soley card shortley

Hardest thing when building a Hanger is actually getting down the dropper... going against all your natural instincts to slide down a Tube onto a silly little Butt or a Trapeze.

Ive done load of Hangers, over water, over the street, over traintracks, over volcanoes :p and EVERY one of them - i can tell you that sliding down that dropper was NOT a nice feeling.

Theres better things id rather be doing, lol.

Once your down there, it all gets a little easier, as you know theres no going back, unless you build the bloody thing.

Soon as my feet hit that Butt - things become alot more easier. :)

Can honestly say i've never heard double over double on stop ends unless you have to drop a 5ft down for your stop end toe board.is this a new reg?
As fer the hanger/truss out debate,did both on me part 2 in birmingham citb training college in 2000.
Dont think you can beat that adrenalin rush when you slide down your hangers,not sure what the hse would make of it seeing a scaff sliding down onto your butt or trapeze,sure they would say you have to work off a cherry picker or crane and basket to erect it.

Can honestly say i've never heard double over double on stop ends unless you have to drop a 5ft down for your stop end toe board.is this a new reg?
As fer the hanger/truss out debate,did both on me part 2 in birmingham citb training college in 2000.
Dont think you can beat that adrenalin rush when you slide down your hangers,not sure what the hse would make of it seeing a scaff sliding down onto your butt or trapeze,sure they would say you have to work off a cherry picker or crane and basket to erect it.

Yes HSE would say erecting from a MEWP is the safest way. Used to love hangers though a lot of guys instantly turn into labourers when one is required.

It's been a while since I actually did one of any note but we do still get the odd small one to do. I'm a wee bit heavier than when I was off shore so not sure if I would get back up without someone giving my reel a wee tug.:embarrest:

As for the stop end thing we have been aware of double double for a fair few number of years now but if I'm honest it is one of the few things I have been unable to get out the habit of going double to single. I have never been dug for it and don't really see a problem with it.

Exactly. You don't drive your car the same way you did when you passed your test Tim and scaffolding is no different. When in the centre, do it as they require and when back home do it either as requested or how you see fit to provide a safe platform.

all fitting are to be load bearing and single couplers are only to be used on boardcarrying tubes ie transoms its tg20.08 soon to be tg20.13 as they have another 5 things to add supposeidly

How can we rely on singles to hold an entire outside leaf of a scaffold from parting from the inside leaf but can't rely on them to hold a stop end?

As for the up-date, as long as I can put a beam in without a designer I think I will be happy.

Takes weeks to knock the training center out of the lads when they come back after a course , with all the technically thats wrong , and the instructor said this and that .
you learn the fundamental basics at the Training centers which you adapt to suit the situation on site , you cant always do it as they say as the site will dictate what you can and cant do you you need to learn to adapt and use your experience to get around a situation , this game is based on experience that cant be taught in any collage .

How can we rely on singles to hold an entire outside leaf of a scaffold from parting from the inside leaf but can't rely on them to hold a stop end?

As for the up-date, as long as I can put a beam in without a designer I think I will be happy.

Thats the point of the Aberdeens AOM and why the Aussies use them all the time. Of course if you tie across both standards or even both ledgers then its held. One of the beautys of B+P.

Yes but we rarely use Aberdeens on straight runs unless they are sheeted, there is no requirement for them in tg:20 on a fully boarded scaffold so why would you need a double on a stop end? Set is a great solution but I bought a few new one's the other week and had to bash them square to get them to accept the tube flush, very disappointing.

Top Bottom