Stop ends

I fully understand the " Aberdeen " Dico , just dont get the stop end thing , haahhahhaha some lads are still coming to terms with double handrails

i known they were running the two together while people catch up but now sticking to tg20.08

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

HaHA hope they handrail there stuctual lifts aswell

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

have you seen how the sway bracing is changing philo

Steveo, instead of just accepting things why dont you question it. I remember being told offshore years ago that dead heads were banned and most people accepted it but i didnt. I asked to be shown the legislation that pertained to the banishment of the D/\h and no one could produce anything, so i carried on.

Gents fight back and stop all the girly posts here as there is too many. A guy was going away to his work last week (as a lot of us do ) and the regulars all wrote good luck messages. Guys thats gay as f--k. Grow a spine and stop writing pish like that.Get back to the real life , not gay things like enjoy your trip and hurry home ffs, thats for wifes.

between braces i bay continued to next bay on next lift then returned again i will try a sketch

[]/
/[]
N[]
[]N two bays 1 brace betwene ledger braces

Funny enough i done a job this week and used 16 foot tubes over 3 standards on each lift , it does look flat , but like someone said on here it makes climbing real easy :laugh: , but i was surprised it did lock everything down real tight

deemass i dont like getting left behind so its always been a case of head down and get on

Steveo im not having a go at you but stick to what you know and were taught until someone shows you for real ( and not just hearsay). Theres too many HSE people have their own interpretations of what is and whats not.Ask for the evidence of any changes to common practice.
Good luck mate

deemass i understand its not hearsay and the inspectors only go after NASC companies because they sign up to these rules

My sympathies are with you mate but still ask to see, in black and white, where it says you cant use singles on stop end hand rails.

Question everything , Trust no one .
I normally ask them to show me where its written , then when the smart arsed **** does i take great pleasure in explaining where they have mis-interpreted .

I once had a site manager argue with me for ages that 2 Kilo Newtons was 2 tonne , he was certain he could put 2 tonne per square meter on the independent

Phillio , exactly my point.Thank you. Steveo , best of bBitish mate but persevere for the show of the literature.

Now lets get to the point of scaffs writing love letters to people who are going to their work , FFS. "Have a nice trip and hurry home" is for the wife and hardly becoming of men of this trade.

Tg20 states that all handrails must be attached with either doubles or swivels. It makes no mention of singles.

That is why, however, it is not a heavily enforced rule.

I fully understand the " Aberdeen " Dico , just dont get the stop end thing , haahhahhaha some lads are still coming to terms with double handrails

yeah bring back the single handrail phill!!!! and dont forget the dh for the tow boards:laugh: harness whats that for you only need them phill if you fall off:laugh:

To confirm / clarify:

TG20:08, 11.6 states..."Guardrails shall be connected to the standards with swivel or right angle couplers". Bearing in mind this is the main guardrail, it makes no mention of 'stop ends' - so one would have to assume this applies to end guardrails too - although from an engineering viewpoint I can't see why singles would not be adequate provided they are placed above the main guardrail fixed on doubles / swivels.

However...

TG20:08, 5.7.2 also states that if a return scaffold is to be considered as acting as a tie (which is the case with most scaffolds with returns) then "Both facade and return guardrails should be connected to the corner upright at every lift with swivel or right angle couplers"

Honestly, I will read that book soon.:embarrest:

The return ledgers would be classed as board bearers when they go on top of the corner ledgers, so would not need to be on load bearing fittings. I have seen some jobs with the 4 standards on the corner with all ledgers double on double but its rather bouncy!!!! I think the mills doubles on the corner standard works well though!

Well it was on the sacks we used to pinch out of the fittings area at that yard in Hove. They used to send empty head to watch us....like taking candy lol

Were the sacks not for the "Finial Couplers"?

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

To confirm / clarify:

TG20:08, 11.6 states..."Guardrails shall be connected to the standards with swivel or right angle couplers". Bearing in mind this is the main guardrail, it makes no mention of 'stop ends' - so one would have to assume this applies to end guardrails too - although from an engineering viewpoint I can't see why singles would not be adequate provided they are placed above the main guardrail fixed on doubles / swivels.

However...

TG20:08, 5.7.2 also states that if a return scaffold is to be considered as acting as a tie (which is the case with most scaffolds with returns) then "Both facade and return guardrails should be connected to the corner upright at every lift with swivel or right angle couplers"

Same as that!

Top Bottom