Pricing Jobs

I Know Them Well Mate, Used To Be A Good Company To Subbie To,As Soon As The Recession Started To Bite They Just Went All To Hell In A Handcart, Personally, I Will Never Turn Another Fitting For Them As Long As There Is Breath Left In Me. I Refuse To Work And Make Money For A Man Who Goes Out Of His Way To Rob You, And I Mean Rob You, Quite Blatant No Ifs Buts Or Whatever.

Sorry to hear that Gerscaff, the fella on the phone seemed descent enough but they all do. I have never had any dealing with them but did go on to their web site to get a contact number and they appeared a big descent outfit. Even in a recession we can all still make some cash without robbing one another, we're not in Greece.

The Fella On The Phone Would Be Norrie Byer, Good Lad But Every Penny He Steals From You Goes To His Bonus, Or Was It Ross Findlay, Trainee Estimator And All Round Pork Pie Juggler?

Didn't get his name, either that or just didn't retain it. It was a fair size job and as far as I know it was a good job, just a bit of debate as to whose fault it was for not being down for the people moving in before Christmas.

Is there such a thing as money or % up front these days?

I Could Write A Book About That Company, When They Started It Was A Good Place To Work The Boss (Steve Reilly) Would Be On The Spanners Himself, The Money Was Good You Had To Work But Iv Never Minded Working Hard If The Moneys There.And I Must Admit In All The Years I Worked There I Could Count On One Finger When My Money Wasnt In The Bank, Very Good Organisation Top Class.Then Everything Changed Prices Went Through The Floor Loads Of Greif From The Supervisors, Just Not Worth A ****.

mine either best i can get is payment when the job is erected and then only from one of customers

Not in my world Q.Silver.:(

That makes it really scary. In this climate where everyone is wondering what tomorrow looks like scaffolders have to "trust" their client, especially new ones?

I watched cowboy builders the other day and it seems it is the norm for builders to get 10% up front.

I think I am being overly negative, at least we are still here.

I watch that as well but to be honest have no sympathy with these householders as often they have done no homework and went with the cheapest.

One of the few up sides to being really small is if one customer goes bang it would not floor us, just like the insurance companies we too spread our risk far and wide. We do still run into problems but risk disk is pretty good at pre warning you.

We must be one of the few trades that do all the work before a penny is paid to us.Even the trades we do jobs for(roofers,solar panels,house builders) have some monies paid up front.You try and ask for cash up front. and you aint going to see them for dust,they will just go with someone else who wont asking for money up front.

Funny you bring that up but there was a guy having a look at my books who couldn't believe the amount of outstanding debt I have still to collect. I reckoned it is just the way the trade is and I was 100% confident of collecting it all but he thought I was mad and the only reason it's just the way the trade is, is because I allow it to be that way. I do sell the odd bit of debt every now and again but mostly for people who I never expect to do any work for again. Maybe it is just us who allow it to happen.:wondering:

I think when builders etc etc get upfront payments it is to cover the cost of materials they need to buy .
What gets me is if you give some 30 days it drags into 6 weeks with all the oh we havent got your bank details or we lost your invoice and you have missed the payment run for this month :mad:

In all honesty I can't see that ever changing Phil.

Do i add the price for hand rail, if every lift is boarded?
Iv got a 200 meter scaffolding to do, but worried iv got the price wrong?
Its 3 lifts, with 14 meter buttress on base and with 6 rakers and 2 ladders,
if i do price for handrail what do i price then??

So if i priced up a 15 a meter, what should i add for the hand rail?? Or is that complete with the price,

So if i priced up a 15 a meter, what should i add for the hand rail?? Or is that complete with the price,

That would be included in the price.

The hire period could affect the LM rate, as would extras like sheeting, inside guardrails, bridging etc. Standard practice is to allow a ladder access every 30LM included in the LM rate. This obviously varies sometimes.

It's good practice to show sheeting, fans, etc. as an extra over item (E/O) to the main scaffold it's associated with, so they can be easily broken back down to a cash value if the customer doesn't use a particular item.

Top Bottom