Pricing Jobs

There is more to pricing work then X amount a meter , sometimes you just gotta let them go rather then cut your prices anymore , remember 0ne good job is worth Ten sh it jobs

Very true Phil but again if I'm honest we probably take them all especially at the moment, some good some not so.

You'd be very lucky to get anywhere near two grand for 88m,in my neck of the woods,try halfing it:(

Similar story for us down here in the southwest bigfish ...... if you are lucky you might get that in the Cities and larger towns , but , not a hope in hell of getting rates like that elsewhere .... 2k is about the right price to be pricing and winning a job like that , but , in reality that would get done for around £1300 - £1500 in this neck `o` the woods .

They must have feckin big semi's in london and argyll,we're lucky to get 200 a side:(

thirs a lot of tradesman out who are having to price jobs very tight... and if it wernt for them nun of us would even av any work on... so it is competitive out thir maybe not so much in london

They must have feckin big semi's in london and argyll,we're lucky to get 200 a side:(

At 200 a side we would be on a loss. £600 for 3 sides would cost me more in wages. I recently won a job again 60 miles from the yard and the guy put the others price on it for me but mixed them up but I was easily still the cheapest. How long and how many men would you use to build a job like that?

id do 3 sides local to me... for 600 easy me and another scaff... even do it for 500 m8 just to win the client... :)

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

seriously m8 im well cheap... :)

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

av it done by lunchtime aswell

I knew it would start off wildly differing variations but we all have different expenses and expectations. I have said many times the most cash rich time I ever had was when it was me and my wee mate on the jobs but now it's all paying out and to be honest that is the price I need with the pay rates as they are.

Aye, and cape are never going to scaffold a semi in Campbeltown.;)

At 200 a side we would be on a loss. £600 for 3 sides would cost me more in wages. I recently won a job again 60 miles from the yard and the guy put the others price on it for me but mixed them up but I was easily still the cheapest. How long and how many men would you use to build a job like that?

3 men,two stretch lifts,top lift boarded,one erected and the equivelent stripped,a days graft,no table or loading bay though,our semi's are'nt the huge ones you get in london or edinburgh,but the rates in n.wales must be amongst the lowest in the country:sad:

Well sounds much like what we would do in a day maybe a bit more, not sure I would expect the equivalent dismantled as well in fact I wouldn't get that. Plus it all requires jobs to be close together for that to work which may well be the difference between the City and the country boy's, our work can range from Campbeltown in the South to Fortwilliam in the North which could take a truck easy 4 hours. I have seen us in Campbeltown in the morning and Dunoon in the afternoon which would mean driving for 2 and a half hours there and the same back. Different prices for different locations and circumstances.

yes m8 very true indeed" i kno blokes who go get thir own firm on the go... then just fall into det... coz they got everything on credit ie kit truck etc etc and then they dont get paid on time and its all gose tits up... lol PAY AS YOU GO simple as that

Well sounds much like what we would do in a day maybe a bit more, not sure I would expect the equivalent dismantled as well in fact I wouldn't get that. Plus it all requires jobs to be close together for that to work which may well be the difference between the City and the country boy's, our work can range from Campbeltown in the South to Fortwilliam in the North which could take a truck easy 4 hours. I have seen us in Campbeltown in the morning and Dunoon in the afternoon which would mean driving for 2 and a half hours there and the same back. Different prices for different locations and circumstances.

After a mornings graft..... going for a 2 1/2 hour drive there, doing the graft, then 2 1/2 hour back. FFS, no wonder Sweet pea wants a hug, glad i am not your Vassal mate. (Do you pay digs?).

Do you have much competition in your area's aom?

After a mornings graft..... going for a 2 1/2 hour drive there, doing the graft, then 2 1/2 hour back. FFS, no wonder Sweet pea wants a hug, glad i am not your Vassal mate. (Do you pay digs?).

haha, it's not like that every day Paddy but it has been done. Sweet pea's generation don't know they are living as my wee mate and myself would drive the 2 1/2 hours for a days graft then drive another 2 hours for a ghoster at the hollow mountain power station before driving another 30-45 minutes to Oban where he would let me sleep in his spare room for a couple of hours and it all starting again. We were both hungry whores at the time but not so much now, the young team throw a fit every time they have to work a couple of 12's.

Horseheadinbed, for what it's worth stay as you are, there is definitely more cash in it.

dose sound a rough end thir dude... for us to traval 2 and half hrs we would have to be on a GOOD EARNER....

Do you have much competition in your area's aom?

There isn't much local really BF. There is a bigger longer established company in Oban but he is another NASC member and pretty much does it like we do it ourselves so the expenses are the same so it just boils down to how each other views the job. I think they have now stopped using tube and fit though which I find strange. As the recession bit the Glasgow firms moved in but they would really need to buy the job to compete with us as they have to pay digs but you do see them from time to time, the worst example was a firm from Dundee which is miles away came down and built a job, not massive maybe a hundred ton of gear but nothing we haven't done plenty of and then they asked me if I would dismantle it.:notrust:

The new thing is the builders are now training up a few monkies on this 2 day muppet scheme to build system on new builds so that will have an effect. We may not have a lot of competition but we do have pressures.

dose sound a rough end thir dude... for us to traval 2 and half hrs we would have to be on a GOOD EARNER....

Again, it's what you are used too. Any man not willing to travel living in Argyll would only be working 3 years in five as the work seems to travel in circles. The biggest builder round here has I think about 400 men on the books but does use a heap of subbies like me and he reckoned the secret to his success was the mobility of the Argyll workforce meaning he could price work anywhere and know he could get men to do it. I do something similar and price work all over including the Islands which mean I have to pay digs and spend a fortune getting a truck on the ferries.

Top Bottom