Pricing Jobs

Interserve are buying up all the work , prices that no one could even come close too.:(

So it seems, did you read the thread by Zeus?

That will be how they can afford to price the jobs so low.

Forget it, they will chew you up and spit you out. That's not a reflection on you more them.

No personal experience if I'm honest but see the thread by zeus titled every one wants to be a scaff, some good reading there.

Horses, Interserve Are Without Doubt One Of The Worst Companies I Ever Had The Misfortune To Work For In My Life,They Were Ok When They Were Gkn Mills And Even When It Was Kwikform, But Interserve Holy Crap, Badly Priced Badly Managed, Badly Erected, Just A Shambles.

i did try and read that thread Aom but it seems it is in some strange forgotten language unknown to me :unsure:

i did try and read that thread Aom but it seems it is in some strange forgotten language unknown to me :unsure:

haha, it will probably loose something in the translation but the opening salvo was as funny as feck, I'm still laughing.:laugh:

I will try and translate for my soft southern cousins.;)

The men from the province of Ayrshire are only trout tickling, grouse beating(a job for the peasants to raise the grouse from their cover so their masters could shoot them)wallepers.(big fekin eejits:D)

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

multi thread, thanks AOM just been reading Zeus thread.

An eye opener to say the least Paddy.

Hi Mate we always price per linear metre per lift for example if you have a 2 storey house it will most likely be 3 lifts of scaffold, unless you stretch the lifts into 2, but here is a quote example : front of house 10mts x 3lifts based at rate of £17 plm = £510.00
so what ive done is 10 linear mts x £17 per linear metre = £170 x 3 lifts = £510.00 and so on, but if i were going higher than 3 lifts i would up the rate a pound a metre .
hope that helps.

I'm not serious about starting up horsehead if that's aimed at me
My post was a laugh
3 grand odd for 10 x 8 m - 3 lifts

i.e if I can get that I need to get some gear and a wagon !!!

There isn't much local really BF. There is a bigger longer established company in Oban but he is another NASC member and pretty much does it like we do it ourselves so the expenses are the same so it just boils down to how each other views the job. I think they have now stopped using tube and fit though which I find strange. As the recession bit the Glasgow firms moved in but they would really need to buy the job to compete with us as they have to pay digs but you do see them from time to time, the worst example was a firm from Dundee which is miles away came down and built a job, not massive maybe a hundred ton of gear but nothing we haven't done plenty of and then they asked me if I would dismantle it.:notrust:

DID YOU TAKE IT DOWN AOM???
WAGON FOR THEM WAGON FOR ME LOL OR WAS IT YOU TAKE IT DOWN AND KEEP THE GEAR ?????

I know I dont have experience in this but the prices people have come up with dont make sence to me.

Lets say £X/m which takes into account what each scaffolder can do (and gets paid from) £X/ week for rent if it is up for a while, £X/m to dismantle. Add a factor to include transport plus insurance. Then who knows how much for a design.

It just seems too cheap if we take into account all of that. I know times are tough but no one would be working at a loss..... right??

Domestic work i.e 3 sides of a house all the customer wants is as cheap a job as possible they wont look for designs , handover certs , tickets all they care about is how much they gotta pay for it , most of them wont even ask if you have insurance

Get Smart Scaffolder on board you can measure several ways and the TG:20 is done for you

There isn't much local really BF. There is a bigger longer established company in Oban but he is another NASC member and pretty much does it like we do it ourselves so the expenses are the same so it just boils down to how each other views the job. I think they have now stopped using tube and fit though which I find strange. As the recession bit the Glasgow firms moved in but they would really need to buy the job to compete with us as they have to pay digs but you do see them from time to time, the worst example was a firm from Dundee which is miles away came down and built a job, not massive maybe a hundred ton of gear but nothing we haven't done plenty of and then they asked me if I would dismantle it.:notrust:

DID YOU TAKE IT DOWN AOM???
WAGON FOR THEM WAGON FOR ME LOL OR WAS IT YOU TAKE IT DOWN AND KEEP THE GEAR ?????

Which Dundee Firm Aom? Did You Strip The Job Mate?

No I didn't take it down, never been interested in mowing another mans lawn. I called the company in question and told them about the request but they didn't seem to pleased as they reckoned they could have dismantled it no problem before Christmas if required. I'm no Sherlock but I was guessing the builder's were using the scaffs as an excuse for not being ready to take it down.

I honestly can't remember the firms name Gerscaff but I did see a wagon heading my way today and I thought it was them, they were called IAS I think.

Top Bottom