Network Rail Investment Programme

The lads from Jarrow and South Shields who are working at london bridge will be heading in to see me too next Saturday to get more details about new contracts in newcastle, manchester, leeds and glasgow. Do you think they are doing that for a con?????

i heard all agy boys on london bridge got payed off on friday

That is why the lads from Jarrow and South Shields are coming to see me on Saturday mate PMd you too. Cheers

No problem, had a PM conversation with Swifty and l will post contract information on a monthly basis on here. A few lads from on here were in Glasgow yestereday for their medicals and we had a good chat. Same deal at clinics in Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester etc. Medicals were held in office of a major civil engineeering contractor behind Ibrox stadium.

You couldn't have held it at a better place.;)

Might have been better to avoid match day though, hope you sent them home before the final whistle.:eek:

all done and dusted by 2.50pm mate! perfect timing for quick exit!

haha, you seem to have come through a fairly rough ride on this one. Good luck anyway.

If any thinks a Pts is a shorcut to a great job your mistaken. It will takes years of legal wrangling before HS2 gets off the ground and as i've said it will be designated as a constructuon site, so you wont need a pts. Crossrail was talked about for 25 year before it kicked off, same with HS1. I don't doubt there is a lot of rail work coming up, but ur also competing withth many blokes who already have the card. It would be interesting to hear just the boys from jarrow were told about lenght of contract when they came back from their xmas break.

I just think there is a whole lot of "monorail,monorail, monorail" about exactly how much demand there's going to be. I also think s lot of people are being filled ful of empty promises!

The 37.5bn investment programme is to do with the upgrade of the existing rail network, HS2 is completely seperate. The lads have been down since September and made good money, they have at least five options from the end of this month.

Nope, go on the BBC or Network Rail website and check out the details of these jobs, 5bn electrification between paddington, cardiff and swansea alone. 4.3bn in Scotland. The electrification involves most railway bridges across the uk have to be raised and strengthened

How about some verifiable client feedback from some people who have done the course and got a job. Surely there is at least one on here who can attest to its succsess!

Told you that you are more than welcome to come in for a chat next Saturday in Newcastle.

I know you did, but talk is cheap mate, if your succsess rate is as good as you dsy, there should plenty blokes prepared to speak up about. Here's my take on it- i reckon your on a commision for each person that goes on these courses regardless of whether they get a job or not. There's nothing wrong with that, but at least have the ******** to stand up and say it while your filling these blokes with hope!

Last edited:
Nope, never have and never will. Glasgow medicals yesterday had joiners, scaffs, sparks, site managers, bricklayers, plant operators and labourers. All fixed up as soon as they pass the course. Ask the Jarrow and South Shields lads who were down at London Bridge if l have lost contact because that job has finished.

Sorry, but the london bridge job has another five years to go. Its far from finished! I take there's no client feedback coming then? Any best of luck to you mate, hope you do manage to get all these lafs into work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom