Network Rail Investment Programme

Sound that's going our the lads mind at ease now see you then

No problem, i will be ready for a beeer or ten after these appointments are out of the way!

Only found out about ProVision last night myself, been landed in a bit of bother as a result, the saturday clinic in Glasgow is at Clancy Docwras office in Ibrox, and after that all payments go directly to On Site Health Solutions who are the Link Up approved provider. The Newcastle clinic is either at VGC or Linear and I will be at both, accountant reregistered DEX projects just to deal with these clinics. PTS Payments will be to On Site Health Solutions too.

I wasn't trying to pin anything against you burnspw I was just stating what I found was a bit strange, and invited you to explain, which you have done! Having card machines at the clinic defo helps! I will still be going on sat with m pals what s the Postcode for the Clancy office ibrox

Not a problem, been a bit of a day! PM Me and I will send you the appointment times. Cheers

I pulled out of this last November seemed a bit strange, someone I know did the medical but unsure about pts, I know he hasnt had a start on the rails, I'll find out tomorrow.

Mr Burns. Who is sponsoring these scaffs? Name the exact companies please.

Courses are sponsored, not individuals, the last course in Glasgow had Scaffolders, Electriicians, Site Managers, Joiners and Labourers on it, it is who employs them when they finish the course that is important and Scaffolders we have trained have been employed by Lyndon, ISL, Palmers, Tec Source and TI Coatings among others.

seeing as your actively encouraging scaffs to get the PTS , and talking about all the work available in scotland and england , can you shed any light on the amount of jobs you reckon are available , in scotland for example , and why you are/should be the provider of the PTS for them , are they gonna see a job or just be a scaff with the latest must have course. And shed some light on this "sponsor " is the sponsor the company/person who will give you a job ? , do you need a "sponsor" before doing the course ? i know of other places i could do it , so if i do it there then maybe i wont get a job , whereas if i do your course , i will get a job.

And people with valid medicals already , do they still need yours ?

im pretty sure most people remember the "score card " and maybe less people remember Interslave getting agencys to tout lots of work for people with a Kwikstage card in scotland , and this work never happened , and the score card , well , lets not go there.

Last edited:
I'm not actively encouraging anyone to get a PTS card, we currently have a waiting list of over 200 construction workers for the course in Scotland and the North of England, scaffolders are in high demand because of the nature of the work on bridges and stations on this investment programme. We also deal with contractors inhouse plant training etc so we know where the shortages are by trade breakdown on major rail projects. £5bn is being spent electrifying the line between Paddington and Cardiff then further upgrades within South Wales alone, if you look at the BBC story yesterday you get some detail about where the money will be spent. Scaffolders with PTS, which they got elsewhere, have contacted me and l am getting contract information for them in their area. If it is someone who is unemployed we can help them get funding for the course after they pass the Medical and D&A test too.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

If people have Network Rail Medicals they dont need another, five of the guys going in Glasgow on Saturday have Medicals but they need their D&A renewed for example.

If you've got a waiting list of over 200 operatives why are you actively trying to get scaffs booked on courses using the SF? I may be wrong but from past experience the person/operative that is undertaking the training or D&A has to be sponsored individually to get on the course. If your company is Link Up approved would it not be better for you to act as the sponsor instead of using a 3rd party like Clancy that has no intention of employing scaffolders. None of this makes sense.

Every scaffolder we put through gets a job, as does every plant operator, electrician etc., the courses are not just for scaffolders and l have given contract info to scaffolders who already have a PTS from elsewhere on here. The courses are mixed in terms of construction background as l mentioned previously so the sponsor company will never take everyone on, that is not the point, as long a Link UP contractor does employ them afterwards the sponsorship gets transferred to them, high compliance sector but it seems to work for the guys who pay individually, Jobcentre Plus, Regeneration Agencies etc. There are local labour agreements for Network Rail contracts and companies who sponsor people who get into work after the PTS course are helping the process regardless of whether they employ them or not.

So can you confirm that they will have to pay for the second medical when they move sponsors and get their first PTS job once they have finished the training?

NCCA Notes for Sponsors states:
Pre-appointment medical- where an individual is on the NCCA database and is either moving sponsor or moving position.

No one pays for a second Medical until the date on their card has expired, D&As are different

But they will have to undertake another pre-appointment D&A screen before they can move sponsor?

Not if their last D&A was within 12 months they dont. Had machine operators at Market Street section of waverley who transferred to Haymarket then Dalmarnock in Glasgow and back with different contractors, was just a case of emailing D&A certs so they could check the dates.

thanks for the reply , ive already spoken to you about the course before christmas , just needed more info.

Could you explain the system of sponsors to people who may not understand it. Does that mean if someone gains there pts through you, they can only work for you. Or is a sponser only tequired when renewing your pts card?

No problem St. Leger, PM me if you need any more info. Cheers

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

It is just Network Rail compliance language Gunslinger, it doesnt mean that they have to work through us, as l mentioned in an earlier reply, plant operators weet between three contractors over a 6-8 month period on rail jobs in Edinburgh and Glasgow and as long as the contractor has the PTS card number and copies of Medical and D&A certificates they can sponsor a guy within minutes.

It's a total con, I booked it last November with him and thought it was too good to be true so canceled it, I got a letter off provision fire and safety who it went thru and they said he had no authority to be booking people on them, I will post a picture of the letter up tomorrow do everyone can have a look, my mate got the same too

Top Bottom