Fitting a beam direct to a wall?

how do you lot come off ya beam with system?
do you under sling of ya horse /on top of ya horse ledger or come off you standard with doubbles ? and then ither doubble to standard or transom on beam and then standard to tranny if that make sence or is there another way ????

do you under sling of ya horse /on top of ya horse ledger or come off you standard with doubbles ? and then ither doubble to standard or transom on beam and then standard to tranny if that make sence or is there another way ????

Can you say all that again in English, not marra language

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

I remember you posting pics before the job went up and general discussions,alls well that ends well. Just wndering:wondering: Could this job have been done in system.

of course,why not....

i find it hard to even talk about scaffolding , but could do you an animation,lol

We use beams with system all the time, just punch up as normal maybe use the rosette or cup like a check fitting and you get all your heights exact, especially handy if you are putting in a square below the beam to stiffen them up.

We usually try and set up a 4 ft square on each end and just throw them across off doubles, again just below the cup so whatever standard we are punching up is the exact same level.

If we have to undersling, say just a boarded level we undersling off the top transom with set then push the whole thing up enough to get another transom in the cup below and get a double fixed on to the bottom cord and then let the whole thing settle back in place, fixed solid.

We use beams with system all the time, just punch up as normal maybe use the rosette or cup like a check fitting and you get all your heights exact, especially handy if you are putting in a square below the beam to stiffen them up.

We usually try and set up a 4 ft square on each end and just throw them across off doubles, again just below the cup so whatever standard we are punching up is the exact same level.

If we have to undersling, say just a boarded level we undersling off the top transom with set then push the whole thing up enough to get another transom in the cup below and get a double fixed on to the bottom cord and then let the whole thing settle back in place, fixed solid.

aye so ya come off ya horse on doubbles then.

ad rather undersling and band a plate the transom to the beam
coming off ya horse with 2 ledgers in to 1 cups in to tranny then fix tranny to beam and top out never used cuplock only a hand full of times and dont know if like layher they have the 1cups just saves you struggeling with standards.
seem sound enought but maby you could tell me other wise lol

Build your horse with cup lock/layer..As aom suggested shoot out with your beam underneath the cup on the horse with doubles (cup lock) layer keep it in-between the rosettes, punch your standards off your beams or drop them whichever way you’re going up or down, brace beams and build from there....

Easiest way just to come off the horse using doubles. Cup lock hasn't officially got 1 cups officially the smallest is 1m or 2 cup standards but whilst the single rosette is handy for basing out or cantilevers we wouldn't use them for beam work as you have to catch them on both cords of the beam and quite like to put a square in below as well to stiffen the whole thing up a bit.

There's loads of different way's and techniques to do the same thing, as long as you know 1 way to do it the rest will come with working with different squads and you will have your own favourite as time goes on.

Build your horse with cup lock/layer..As aom suggested shoot out with your beam underneath the cup on the horse with doubles (cup lock) layer keep it in-between the rosettes, punch your standards off your beams or drop them whichever way you’re going up or down, brace beams and build from there....

aye a still think undersling of horse to horse and then trannies on top of beam with 1 cups and the go up ..obvusly this wouldent work with 1 cups on a hanger you would have to come of the trannie with a standard. and also allows you to give a bit more clearent inside or out side beam if obsticle in the way as apose to having to go there cause youve came of the standards but like i say i might be miles off it but thats how i do them

You don’t struggle with standards with cup lock, for example if you going out 1.3m/1.8m...you put your ledger in on your horse in the cup,(cup hand tight)swing it back towards yourself, now put your standard on the other end of the ledger, close your cup, now make sure your cup is only hand tight on the horse, push the ledger out towards the beam, the ledger will hold your standard while you fix your doubles on the beam, now put another ledger in half a mt up or down to plum your standard...
Everything is done from the horse, you only have to fix the doubles to the beam when you go out

If you are happy you are right, simple.

Doin one off unit beams tomorrow with kwikstage,3 bays punched up 2 lifts straight forward but il level the ledger with a 1m standard then hemp off that.and as was said earlier use one of the lugs as a check.would much rather use tube but 95% of job is yellow jelly.

has anyone got a pictue of a beam that is dircetly connected to a wall, wouldn't mind seein it as we have a job comin up soon where we could do it that way.

hi bud look in my album sure there is one in there flying shore on to a stack and that all came off the wall

You don’t struggle with standards with cup lock, for example if you going out 1.3m/1.8m...you put your ledger in on your horse in the cup,(cup hand tight)swing it back towards yourself, now put your standard on the other end of the ledger, close your cup, now make sure your cup is only hand tight on the horse, push the ledger out towards the beam, the ledger will hold your standard while you fix your doubles on the beam, now put another ledger in half a mt up or down to plum your standard...
Everything is done from the horse, you only have to fix the doubles to the beam when you go out

THAT SOUNDS EASY PEASY THAT WAY MARRA WOULD OF ENVER FORT OF DOING THAT BUT HEY LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY PS AOM MY WAYS STILL BEST :pLOL EACH TO THERE OWN MARRA

have you got them yet phillios ?? Let me know the cost

Top Bottom