Fitting a beam direct to a wall?

Yeah, set it will be but the beam will be close to the wall even if I punch up from the out side. I will get it but ideally would have liked a bit more room to play with.

It'd be stronger to hang the Beam (An Alloy Beam i think its better then a Ladder Beam) straight off the Band and Plate, drilled into the wall.

With 1 set per chord, at each end (4 Band and Plate in total)... but if you have to drop a tube off the Band and Plate and fix the Beam off the Tube w/Doubles, it shouldn't make that much difference.

Both will be exceptional strong ways of hanging a Beam off a wall. :)

Im not Engineer ofcourse, so its just what i would do...
Imo, anyway.

CHEERS MARRA HONEST THIS FORUM IS GREAT THE LADS HARDLY SHOW YA OUT LIKE THIS (PROBBLY DONT KOOW THEM SELFS AND WE JUST HAVE THE HILTI RINGS OR THE ECALABA RING BOTLSN ) I LIKE TO THINK I CAN PUT UP A GOOD JOB AND KNOW A WAY TO GET ROUDN IT , THE 1 ADV LAD GET ALL THIS KIND OF WORK AND IS VERY PRESIOUS OF IT IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN.BUT ITS NOTHING MAJOR REALLY BUT WOULD BE NICE TO GET ON THEM JOBS MABY I REALLY DO NEED TO GET OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND VISIT THE CITY CHEERS AOM AND JAY 1 DAY MABY 1 DAY ILL FILL 2 2'S BOOTS :laugh:

haha, no doubt you could handle this wee number with your eyes closed no bother. Confidence is a great thing but there is a balance to be struck. You will probably find you are twice the scaffolder you think you are which is rare, most are only half of what they think they are.;)

As for your superscaff jealously guarding this type of work, he is probably frightened to show you in case you do it better and quicker.

B and p pinned to wall put beam in then punch up with b&p and off u go

I HATE it when people dont help you or hog all the Drawings/info.

You do get it though... ive worked on jobs where the 'Chargehand' steams into it, grabs the Drawing and you never get a glimpse of it.
I combat that by taking a step back and letting the so-called 'Chargehand' f.uck the job up... let them hang themselves, lol.
Its actually quite satisfying, lol.

2 minds are better then 1 and in turn, 6 minds are better then 2 and so on.
Imo.

And thats me for the night am going to bed with a hard on lol our lass will be pleased poking that hard thing in her back again lol

Am I the only one that thinks that is very close to the wall? The IW will be off little use on this one, might have to get a bit off wet and dry to clean up the guns.:eek:

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

And thats me for the night am going to bed with a hard on lol our lass will be pleased poking that hard thing in her back again lol

Hope it's naw cos your getting a drawing.:rolleyes:

Lol.

The Band and Plate, then hang the Beam off a Tube off those Band and Plate should pull it a good few inches off the wall for those guns. :p

Not sure Jas they are pretty sizeable guns but will give it a bash none the less. If all else fails I do have a couple of new starts with arms like spiders legs built like whippets who may find them selves on this job come Monday morning.:cool:

Apollo do a shear tie bracket which would be of use here - basically a square plate with a box section in the middle onto which is welded a half coupler. You could fix the beams direct to these which gives about 3in clearance from the wall, or fix a tube in them and then the beam for another couple of inches.

We've started using them because SGB / Harsco will not provide any guarantees about using band & plate.

Side on, the designer has given us a choice and specified either set (B&P) or a bracket. If I hang the beam off set I feel we will be a bit too close to the wall still and would prefer a bracket to bring us out a wee bit.

It's only a small job Jason and the excalibur bolts will give us plenty without the need for resin. I could do it with set but would just think it might be easier if we had the bracket.

Fix the beam with set and chair to the wall. Can you run a couple of beam back the other way off that beam then you can punch up where you like?

Morning AOM
Unless I have missed it I cannot see if you are using a STEEL Or ALLOY beam.

If steel you can hang it directley in the B&P this will as you say take your beam within 2" of the wall and make it tight to get a double in to punch up. You are better putting 4 fittings two top two bottom with cross tubes into the vertical bands, join the top and bottom tube with vertical punchions and fix your beams to these punchions. This will allow you to punch your legs off the inside or outside of the beam to suit. (it will not allow you to get an inside board in without notching)

If you use an Alloy beam you sould not be using Band & Plate to directley support it as the screw plate will penetrate your beam. However using the method above will overcome this.

I have attached a very rough sketch for your information
(well I hope I have attached it?)

Attachments

• Drawing1 A4 (1).pdf
    15.8 KB · Views: 87
Perfect detail there from Alan.

As a rule of thumb each Band will generally support about 0.5T (5kN). This does depend on the material anchored to though...

Morning AOM
Unless I have missed it I cannot see if you are using a STEEL Or ALLOY beam.

If steel you can hang it directley in the B&P this will as you say take your beam within 2" of the wall and make it tight to get a double in to punch up. You are better putting 4 fittings two top two bottom with cross tubes into the vertical bands, join the top and bottom tube with vertical punchions and fix your beams to these punchions. This will allow you to punch your legs off the inside or outside of the beam to suit. (it will not allow you to get an inside board in without notching)

If you use an Alloy beam you sould not be using Band & Plate to directley support it as the screw plate will penetrate your beam. However using the method above will overcome this.

Stop copying my idea. :p

i hate it when people dont help you or hog all the drawings/info.

You do get it though... Ive worked on jobs where the 'chargehand' steams into it, grabs the drawing and you never get a glimpse of it.
I combat that by taking a step back and letting the so-called 'chargehand' f.uck the job up... Let them hang themselves, lol.
Its actually quite satisfying, lol.

2 minds are better then 1 and in turn, 6 minds are better then 2 and so on.
Imo.

aye thats what his like marra maby a case of then he can tell me were to put everything and when naturally you would place a brace or other he can correct you abnd keep you as a foot soldier to forefill his own fekin ego lol

Top Bottom