Fitting a beam direct to a wall?

I have attached a very rough sketch for your information
(well I hope I have attached it?)

Thanks for that alan, I will give it a bash and post some pictures when completed. Don't all slate it though, I'm only a part 1.:noworry:

Advanced Scaffolders are mostly 'baseplate' Scaffolders... well, i know i am. :p

Don't know about baseplate but they don't call me hop up Al for nothing.:cool:

If any one wants some I have two hundred band and plate
Chairs and washers 1 pound each cheers

Against my better judgement I have decided to post these pics as they are OK but some times OK just has to be good enough.

Copy2ofPICT0005.jpg

Copy2ofPICT0030.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

It's doing the job it was meant to Phil and nothing has shifted despite a couple of ties being removed, WTF for I do not know. As I said, it was a tight area to work in and could have been more photogenic but it's up and working.

Quite an effeminate blue that mate.

Your choice of colour?

Sure is Phil, everything is either blue red or white round here. Some say he is still celebrating her Majesty's first Jubilee.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

It's registered to me, Aom blue.;)

Sure is Phil, everything is either blue red or white round here. Some say he is still celebrating her Majesty's first Jubilee.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

It's registered to me, Aom blue.;)

Glad you took that in good humour mate.

I would have pulled the job to pieces otherwise...

:amuse:

layher brackets

they have 3 holes to bolt to the wall, i use a m16 rawbolt to 2 holes top and bottom, you can use 3 holes for more loadings.Picture 038.jpgPicture 038.jpg

Picture 021.jpg

Thx phil , basicly 2 spiggots welded at 450, layher bolts and beams applied and and away you go in what fashion you like. these were 2m beams as you can probably see.
They cost around £25. each ten years ago ,a good investment as you can have a proper cheat up !

I could have used them so many times over the years and saved my self a lot of hard work and stress trying to get around awkward jobs , especially where glass meets walls and you have no bearing points

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I like they way you have caught the inside puncheon of the spur as well ;)

one of the best inventions ive come across. the key is obviously the structure type and drilling /setting out . i had a chalk string line which helped out as we was on a price.

Top Bottom