competent

You do have an industry recognised qualification though.

Why didn't it conform to WAHR ?

No training was provided Russ you were assessed on ability. The work at height regs state you have to have training. This is what NASC used to make the ECITB card obsolete and then went on to make the same mistake.

I did my part 2 through assesed route, and i've never bern questioned about it and were nasc members?.

I did my part 2 through assesed route, and i've never bern questioned about it and were nasc members?.

Doesn't matter at the moment anyway Den. Your already qualified as a card carrier and could argue that you obviously had training to be able to pass the course.

Its Not Me Im Talking About Alistair, I Did My Courses At Hillington , Then When My Card Was Up For Renewal I Had To Do The Part Two Assesment To Gain My Svq, Crock Of Crap Just A Money Making Scam Mate, Now I Heard On The Jungle Drums That Cisrs Are About To Pull Out Of The Cscs Scheme, Where Do We Go From Here?

Ah, okay I thought you were an assessed man. I can't see them pulling the assessed cards but I could be wrong. I just think that there's a stronger case than the ecitb boys as they are already within the scheme. As for the cscs thing, we already have a different card to everyone else so can't see a great deal of difference.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

I did my advanced assessed route , I'm expecting it will be invalid in the next 4 years:eek:

Maybe but it would be difficult to justify just using the wahr.

Ah, okay I thought you were an assessed man. I can't see them pulling the assessed cards but I could be wrong. I just think that there's a stronger case than the ecitb boys as they are already within the scheme. As for the cscs thing, we already have a different card to everyone else so can't see a great deal of difference.

I can foresee a big problem aom, for instance an assessed route scaffolder puts a job up which then collapses killing 3 men. The HSE then prosecute under the health and safety at work act section (2) and the work at height regs ( had a few beers can't remember which section ) but all work at height requires to be undertaken on by trained operatives , that in itself fecks assessed route up and in the bigger picture CISRS

Doesn't matter at the moment anyway Den. Your already qualified as a card carrier and could argue that you obviously had training to be able to pass the course.

Pah.....im just riding the wind of luck baby....lol lol

You will know more than me about that scenario Ian, but you wouldn't need to be a Philadelphia lawyer to argue that the boys must have been trained at some point to have the required knowledge and understanding to pass the same exam I required weeks of their training. ;)

You will know more than me about that scenario Ian, but you wouldn't need to be a Philadelphia lawyer to argue that the boys must have been trained at some point to have the required knowledge and understanding to pass the same exam I required weeks of their training. ;)
I sent my brother, he had to build a load of different scaffolds with his gang of mates from various drawings in a certain amount of time. If you couldn't do it you failed. In some respects it better than the two week courses they have now. You could easily do the various courses in a week , but they drag it out for two weeks. As an employer time is money for me and the lads being away for two weeks is a ball ache when your busy.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Anyhow i've got my advanced and supervisors so i dont care....lol lol
Gold finger !

training doesnt show competency, bit of a catch 22 here. always will be.

We send the young team for 3 weeks now, I think the assessment is 2 weeks. I could do the same in 3 days to be honest.

Top Bottom