Causing Damage - taking responsbility

He might get a better response over at scaffmag, full of poofs and nancy boy's over there.:idea:

Actually, whores, poofs and junkies.;)

That will give the moderators something to think about.:D

Might have been a Scaffmag spy

whats the matter with "whores" "poofs" and "junkies" most, no all of my scaffs mates fit them profiles, the only one you left out was "drunks" (me) in a few hours time. :)

We will all be drunks in a few hours Bob, the wee chant is more for west coast footy fans whenever the Edinburgh teams come calling. :D

Have one for me Bob, had to pack in the drink doctor says i have diabetes, told him hes wrong but he wont have any of that, keep drinking go blind is all he says, so sadly the drinks has had to take a back seat :sick::sick:

Sorry to hear that GM, I have 2 mates with Diabetes they take tablets and have had to cut down on their drinking and watch their diet, but they are healthy and full of life so don't let it get you down, which I'm sure it won't. GL

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

lol, go the Scotland...oops I meant England...or did I...no it was Ireland...feck I'm pished already. See you later. :)

Originally Posted by TrampledGarden
I have only come back to this thread out of kindness to suggest you take adult literacy classes. It's never to late to better yourself

All this coming from a bloke who lives in a house with no roof on and no garden to speak of :sad::sad:

beflynnscaff' tg' graeme123 = same person! sussed it!!!!!!!

ok, my fault, sorry.
Joined a thread at the first page instead of going to the last page. iam new so excuse the ignorance. I have been called a prick, a pervert, talking pish and various other derogatory comments. I will not be getting involved in this thuggish behavior.
I am a scaffolder with twenty years experience looking to debate and discuss scaffolding

Well graham with that experience I would have thought you would have backed your fellow scaff against this imposter or at the very least said nothing. One mouth and 2 ears for a reason. This and a couple aside this is the place to debate and learn about scaffolding. Read through a few threads first.

ok, my fault, sorry.
Joined a thread at the first page instead of going to the last page. iam new so excuse the ignorance. I have been called a prick, a pervert, talking pish and various other derogatory comments. I will not be getting involved in this thuggish behavior.
I am a scaffolder with twenty years experience looking to debate and discuss scaffolding

Surely you take these insults with a pinch of salt, no?
So what if some numpty calls you a name?
Give him some stick back - Job done.

If you show that your genuinely concerned, then your only asking for it to continue...

Imo, some Scaffolders ARE bullies and theres a simple way to conbat that - Bully them back :), you watch them change their attitudes then.

Imo, some Scaffolders ARE bullies and theres a simple way to conbat that - Bully them back , you watch them change their attitudes then.

Hello my name is Hector LOL

I do back the scaffs, but, when i was dealing with customer complaints about scaffolders
i had to listen because they are my customers. We wouldnt have jobs if we didnt have customers.
Iam not pandering to customers, but the building sector has a bad name for poor behavior. and spelling.
Iam all for high jinks and having a laugh, but if it happens all the time then nobody will take you seriously.
the original post could have been somebodies old mother, not in great health, and i was
trying to make it better for them.
anyway
thank you for you advice

We all deal with customer complaints but it doesn't mean their right and a good speller doesn't always make a good scaffolder. I used to listen to them but as I said earlier, move it or loose it. Another thing if it was my old mum, I would have either went outside and spoke to the men or contractor and sorted it in 5 minutes not come on the forum bleating about it, this is a scaffs forum and if your dealing with complaints at work you don't want to be dealing with them whilst picking the brains of your fellow scaff. I learned a long time ago that sometimes you just have to have faith in your men and back them to the hilt.

We all deal with customer complaints but it doesn't mean their right and a good speller doesn't always make a good scaffolder. I used to listen to them but as I said earlier, move it or loose it. Another thing if it was my old mum, I would have either went outside and spoke to the men or contractor and sorted it in 5 minutes not come on the forum bleating about it, this is a scaffs forum and if your dealing with complaints at work you don't want to be dealing with them whilst picking the brains of your fellow scaff. I learned a long time ago that sometimes you just have to have faith in your men and back them to the hilt.

I agree back your men then sort it later.

No matter how unattainable it mat appear to be.:embarrest:

I have been blamed to many times for sh it that was not my fault and i tell my lads if you do a bit of damage or break a window it happens but be honest with me and i can get it sorted , lie to me and i cant back you up .I have had people phone me to tell me my men where rude to them swore at them or what ever , and when i ask them what did they do to upset the lads its always without fail "NOTHING" then when i tell them it was ME that swore at them because i was working on the job and they started swearing at me first they soon change there tune , just trying to get lads in trouble with there boss because they got told to Fu ck of

Ok, just thought I'd come back and fill you in. Spoke to the main contractor and he said all damage will be rectified at the end of the build. And he assured me the scaffolding would not be bombed down, as only cowboys do that nowadays, so everything is sorted as far as I'm concerned.

To true Phil, one example was a renovation and just after we finished I got a call from the contractor who was very polite but told me one of the boy's had broke a fancy new double glazed unit and never reported it, I asked the fella who totally denied it but I tore a right strip off him then went to the site to sort it, only to discover the unit was cracked right enough but on the inside. Joiners had fitted it wrong and it just split under pressure. I had to do a bit of grovelling after that to my mate. Another was arrived on a job to dismantle a tiny chimney head and the guy came marching over the hill with a shotgun, tore a strip of us for catching some shrubs with the truck when we left after building it. Eventually I could take it no more and laid in to him just verbally, gave him his character and he told me he was going to report me to the gaffer, you should have seen his face when I told him I was the gaffer. This erse tried to hold us hostage at gunpoint, told us we weren't getting our gear back, what a mess. Anyway, eventually he calmed down and we got our gear back. I've been asked for a price to do another job on his property a couple of times and always politely refuse.

Thank God TG, have I not been trying to tell you that for a while. Were you bullied in school as well?

Top Bottom