Ecitb scaffs tkt

fredrik

Situation Vacant: Press Officer...

The SCCR do not have a Press Officer in place at the moment, however, if you were to offer up your services in this role I can see no opposition, indeed you would be welcomed with open arms.

Could you contact ragscaff, the SCCR Chairman to discuss further---I and other SCCR Committee Members will work along side you---the SCCR Organisation is column designed for mutual support, no Man is an island here.

Garry...

Gary would have to think long and hard before agreeing to something that have nill experience in. Denbo looks more qualified than me and with time on his hands. No tickets = not competent

DUTIES OF A PRESS OFFICER

1. Planning,developing and supplementing PR strategies

2. Liase with colleagues and key spokes-persons.

3. Answering journalists enquiries.

4. Writing press releases and articles.Research,devising and
coordinating photo opportunities. Fundraising.

5. Liase with the press and broadcasting media on an
everyday basis via telephone email and networking.

6. Monitoring press and broadcasting coverage.

7. Arranging press conferences,news briefings,media
interviews,visits and public events.

8. Attending committee meetings and debates.

9. Keeping up to date with current issues and public opinion.

10. Managing the press and media in a crisis situation.

Denbo, thats a great point re the mortage, never looked at it like that before. Pile the debt on the worker and he'll be subservient. Much like the days of the peasants of old, do the masters bidding or get evicted.

That is what broke the Miners strike, and left neighbours and communities broken for ever, Families have been broken up through the 'Thatcherite Government':mad:

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Been to the Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail & Telegraph & watchdog. Not interested!!

Oh & the Star!!

Try the 'Daily Sport' there again they wouldnt believe it......

That is what broke the Miners strike, and left neighbours and communities broken for ever, Families have been broken up through the 'Thatcherite Government':mad:

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Try the 'Daily Sport' there again they wouldnt believe it......

Might get somewhere, they like a load of tits :laugh::D

Paddy,people were able to buy their homes at a discount under thatchers admin, human nature says jump at the opportunity. Question is,with hindsite and the opportunity to go back in time,would the same choices be made. I was a young scaff at the time and had bought my first home,only because it was cheaper to buy than to rent in those days. I actually believe today the sccr can make a difference to the industry with the right support and clever stategie. sccr as a union is that a possibility??

I am a Miners son, and the solidarity was unbelievable, until the Banks started calling in the Mortgage defaults.

Those ***** have had the audacity, to default on everything and sleep in there beds without any worry to there liklihood of being thrown on the streets.

Fecking ********.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUapdI7_KCg]YouTube - BBC news Miners strike picketts fight police 1984[/ame]

Paddy I remember the miners strike and groups of them used to come over to Dublin and make collections outside Liberty Hall, used to talk to them, all good decent lads, Likewise the Liverpool dockers. Scaffolders were on strike in Dublin for 8 weeks and some firms brought in British scaffs, but did'nt tell them of the strike, as soon as we turned up and told them of the strike they downed tools. Solidarity of the working man is not as strong nowadays, the red flag is at half mast.

Worked with a scaff that had a pig on his arm with wings on it said he was one of the flying pickets that used to travel from town to town. Is this true about the tattoo anyone else seen one ?

frederik

The SCCR have no design on becoming a Union---rather an advisory and consultative Organisation---the Union Days have gone, evolution requires that we re-engineer and package the needs and wants of our Industry---de-classify the perceived persona of the Scaffold Erector and elevate him to the top table of consultation.

Any takers for the Press Officers Post ???---the remit as frederiks list + dont forget the hospitality spin offs :)

Garry...

Paddy,people were able to buy their homes at a discount under thatchers admin, human nature says jump at the opportunity. Question is,with hindsite and the opportunity to go back in time,would the same choices be made. I was a young scaff at the time and had bought my first home,only because it was cheaper to buy than to rent in those days. I actually believe today the sccr can make a difference to the industry with the right support and clever stategie. sccr as a union is that a possibility??

We are not a Union & do not want to be.

We represent the employee & the employer.

To bring the Industry together not divide.

Its a tall order but that is the goal!!

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

Aye, Iv hit the cobbles a few times---and occupied an offshore installation in the 80's with the OILC---however, in these modern times we must be as a laughing assassin---use our skills of diplomacy---out flank our advisories, by using our brains not our brawn...

Gar...

Fair comment lads, I'm not a union activist,but i see the benefits of a united industry. As I see it,the scaffolding industry has been undermined by certain bodies giving seperate tickets for different systems. It seems pretty systematic to me,a classic divide and rule. Leading back to the debate about t&f scaffs not able to fit system or pasma. Is this to suit certain employers with a big finger to t&f scaffs. Like you say Stewart,the sccr has a massive task ahead of it. Apreciate all the hard work done by yourself and committee.

Need any ECITB guys who have not filled in a questionnaire so far to contact us NOW. sccr@sky.com subject ECITB.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

Need any ECITB guys who have not filled in a questionnaire so far to contact us NOW. sccr@sky.com subject ECITB.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

no good leaving it too everone else. stand up and be counted get the forms filled in or request one via email. even if youve paid for the course yourself you could be intitled to compensation. just for the record if anybodys watching this it ante going away starting too think the parties that made this ecitb redundant after nearly 30 years havent got a back bone. your have a lot more to loose once this goes to court. the clocks ticking!!!!

Just a thought Ragscaff, as a lot of the ECITB guys are forties-fifties the chances of using a computer will be alien to them. You should be asking people on here to ask about onsite or print off info to give them. I know a lot of us are self taught on PC's but if you are still on the spanners why do you need one.

IF

most are in management now so your off the track a little bit there the problem with this forum its mostly street scaffolders use it as for given out information not everything gets put on the forum as for still on the spanners lot of lads are too olde to be bothered with it all ones that are still working are being pushed out on the street due to cisrs card my argument is if you want the decent money you need the cisrs to get on the large projects that paye the top dollar ecitb have been pushed right out for some reason its ok for certain people up nasc to say get a cisrs trainee to get on site some companys recently wont let lads with a trainee wear a spanner so whats the point of a bloke in hes late 40s with years off exsperience to wear a belt ive been told next week when i renew my cscs to go under operative not cisrs otherwise you may not be able to fix on site:mad:

Just a thought Ragscaff, as a lot of the ECITB guys are forties-fifties the chances of using a computer will be alien to them. You should be asking people on here to ask about onsite or print off info to give them. I know a lot of us are self taught on PC's but if you are still on the spanners why do you need one.

IF

We have several guys going round with forms. This is not just a PC campaign. The problem is a lot of guys who have lost a lot of money over this cannot speak out in case they lose their jobs!

It is that underhanded, sites are not accepting the ECITB card & have not for nearly a year & a half so how can they move forward. CISRS, ECITB CITB & Unite the Union have all said this card is valid for another year, end of 2011.

B***cks.

Ragscaff

Top Bottom