Ecitb scaffs tkt

I know it sounds stupid , how about a govening body to scaffolding who earn a lot of money through membership, endorsments & training fees putting back into the Industry & undertaking the on site assesment as part of their duty!!

Hahaha dunt be daft mate there way too busy enjoying the buisness class flights and the expenses tabs... more chance of getting blood out of a piece of stone..

ECITB UPDATE 16/10/2010

My first e-mail on this issue was sent to the HSE on the 20th June. Its reply was contact Dave Mosley NASC.

My first e-mail to Mr Mosley was on the 26th June. In this I asked why ECITB ticket holders are not included as trained & ticketed under the HSE requirements & why was the training provided by the CISRS scheme so poor on practicable knowledge.

I had a reply on the 28th June in which Mr Mosley informed me no deal was ever done! All ECITB ticket holders had been informed in writing of the change & that they would have to undertake training under the CISRS scheme. He also said that the unions had also written to all their members informing them of the same.

I then sent an e-mail on the 30th June stating that the CISRS scheme is attendance only & that the ECITB was based largely on experience. If you have a skilled worker with 10 plus years experience then why ignore that.

July 1st had a reply asking for my phone number to discuss this issue.

I then replied on the 3rd July with a description of me as being an advanced scaffolder under his scheme & forwarding several questions raised by forum members in regards this issue.

On the 10th July sent Mr Mosley a chase up in regards the questions we sent him.

Reply received 12th July again asking for a phone conversation.

On the 12th of July I sent an e-mail to Mr David Edwards the CEO of the ECITB. To date no reply.

July 12th sent an enquiry to the CITB as follows:
Who controls the training for the Scaffolding Industry?

CISRS scheme was one option is this now the only option?

How come ECITB qualified scaffolders with more than 5 years experience
are being put out of work because the CISRS wont recognise them,

Who do we contact in regards this?

Why does a director of the NASC control the CISRS scheme?

Regards Stewart
S.C.C.R.

Replied to Mr Mosley inviting him to the HSE meeting in October.

Sent e-mail to Peter George CITB on the 14th July. Had several phone conversations & had a new contact of Mr John Pegg given to me.

July 19th got a reply to my enquiry. Basically complain to the ECITB about the issue & CISRS information contact Dave Mosley.

July 19th sent a further e-mail to Mr Mortimer CITB questioning the control of training & the CISRS scheme. Basically told not down to the CITB contact CISRS or the NASC. Issues with ECITB need to be sent to them. Several e-mails have gone back & forth to no end.

August the 1st sent e-mail to Mr Mosley inviting him as a speaker at the October meeting.

E-mail sent Aug 1st to Mr Mortimer of the CITB in regards consolation & someone to attend the October meeting.

August 2nd had a reply from the CITB asking for more information on the SCCR reply sent same day.

Sept 1st sent a letter to Mr Edwards ECITB as yet no reply!!

Sept 2nd got an e-mail from Mr Mosley to arrange a meeting on the 20th October, as I am self employed I was already committed to the 26th/27th I have asked for another date.

To date no new meeting has been arranged.

Sept 2nd sent e-mail to Mr Nigel Spencer of the ECITB I have seen a document where a deal was done for the ECITB guys & a shortened route for CISRS was in place for the ECITB ticket holder.

Reply 3 Sept as follows:

Dear Mr Quinney

As I stated in my email to Mr Hoare, which you have obviously seen, you will need to take this matter up with the National Joint Council. All negotiations regarding the CISRS arrangements were made by the employers and the Trade Unions through them. Unfortunately I have no further information to give you.

Regards

Nigel Spencer

Sent a reply 3rd Sept to ask again what deal was done!
I have now been asked to contact a Mr Jock Simpson of the Joint Council.

Sept 4th sent letter to Mr Damian Collins MP to date no reply!!

Sept 29th sent e-mail to Jenny Parker of Unite had a reply on the 30th saying that Mr Ian Woodland was going to contact me. To date no contact!

Sept 29th sent e-mail to Tom Hardacre of Unite as yet no reply!!

October 3rd sent e-mail to John Pegg CITB to date no reply!!

I am now going to write again to Unite Mr Ian Woodland.

I am also writing to Mr J. Pegg again.

I will send a letter to Mr Jock Simpson of the joint council.

Finally I will be sending this detail to the department of trade & Industry to see if anyone is interested their.

As I have said before this issue to me is not just about the ECITB scaffolder its also about the other guys with years worth of experience who are not treated with respect to their experience. The more experience the less training. The SCCR has had a good response & I will thank all those who are backing us but we do need more of you to step forward. I have had a lot of memberships go out that have not been returned. This is only one issue we are tackling lets stick together!!

Sorry Admin if I have broken the rules for advertising!

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman SCCR

Ragscaff​

spot on ragscaff cant think why certain parties havent replied they must have there head in a law book.

yes i agree podger on site assessment would be great .. whos going to pay for it is the question.I'd happly go out and do onsite assessment day after day.

I don't think finance would be an issue if the system for awarding NVQs was changed .

The skills and knowledge of the experienced scaffolder are highly regarded by the employers within the access industry, unfortunately the training organisations (CITB) and industry bodies (NASC) are not of the same opinion.

For some time now I have felt that part of the site supervisor/chargehand role within the scaffold industry should involve NVQ assessment, another string to their bow so to speak, along with safety and inspection qualifications. The assessment of the varios VR units could then take place on site during the day to day operations without the need for expensive independent site visits.

An experienced scaffolder with supervisory qualifications and an assessors award would be a valued assest to any scaffold company . They would liase with the instructors from the training centres and be regularly audited by external verifiers from the awarding body to make sure the required standards of competency and safety were adhered to.

word on the street a certain nasc representative has said you ecitb scaffolders earnt a grand a week you have no exscuses not to have done course when youngsters have had to paye for there course and save up well ******** its beter in my pocket than yours
my self and animal are only down 90.000 this year so you wana start saveing up .

word on the street a certain nasc representative has said you ecitb scaffolders earnt a grand a week you have no exscuses not to have done course when youngsters have had to paye for there course and save up well ******** its beter in my pocket than yours
my self and animal are only down 90.000 this year so you wana start saveing up .

nearer 100,000. i always did a few more weekends than you and didnt have 2 holidays a year:laugh::laugh:

Well ive had a weeks work and been taken on full time from it,so i am very grateful to the new company for that, mind you the two directors like there pound of flesh, after not working for over 3 months, its the best i can do to crawl up the stairs to my bed, night before last did a blacky got into bed fully clothed and went to work again in the morning in the same clothes :nuts: but to keep things all kosher i have just filled out a trainee application form and writing a cheque for 23.50 to keep things all legal, i will be working with an advanced so not breaking any laws, but i wont be getting paid as a trainee, mind you havent been paid yet:wacko: but i wonder what other scaffs would think about that, if im getting the same as them with there cisrs advanced card, even thou i have knocked my pan out this week and have done some work, done all that was asked and some, leave mine at 5.30, be on site 8am till 4pm home by 6.30pm, but by f**k have i loved every minute of it, its good to be back in the saddle, the guns have been blazing, thank f**k for cod liver oil capsules and radox:bigsmile:

Congrats, T Animal. A ticked is only that, a plastic card, dos'ent erect scaffolds. Met a few who I would'nt give a bus ticket to. If you can do the work to the same standard an pace as an advanced you are an asset to the firm an gang. Don't see any fair thinking person begruding you the same money. Roll on Christmas, Hope you have a good one.

Done well lot of firms are struggling at present good luck hope you get a good run

Magic news T.Annimal, as for what other scaff's think, why bother if you can do the graft you should get the dosh. We have a scaff in the same position, an advanced SCORE card, he went back to start again now only got a trainee card but get's same money. Makes my stats look a bit duff come audit time but get away with it as no one has actually banned the SCORE card so just pull it out.

Congrats T Animal

The first week is always the hardest, especialy after a lay off, the body needs waking up again to hard graft. But the mental lift you get being back in work is well worth the effort.

Well ive had a weeks work and been taken on full time from it,so i am very grateful to the new company for that, mind you the two directors like there pound of flesh, after not working for over 3 months, its the best i can do to crawl up the stairs to my bed, night before last did a blacky got into bed fully clothed and went to work again in the morning in the same clothes :nuts: but to keep things all kosher i have just filled out a trainee application form and writing a cheque for 23.50 to keep things all legal, i will be working with an advanced so not breaking any laws, but i wont be getting paid as a trainee, mind you havent been paid yet:wacko: but i wonder what other scaffs would think about that, if im getting the same as them with there cisrs advanced card, even thou i have knocked my pan out this week and have done some work, done all that was asked and some, leave mine at 5.30, be on site 8am till 4pm home by 6.30pm, but by f**k have i loved every minute of it, its good to be back in the saddle, the guns have been blazing, thank f**k for cod liver oil capsules and radox:bigsmile:

welcome to the real world.there get my 23.50 cheque too not for a fcuking
trainee though as for being legal have they done the ecitb ticket legal answer
no they havent.so you have no guilt to carry animal keep takeing the money
unless you want trainee rates lol!!!!!

Top Bottom