Ecitb scaffs tkt

quick question , might already have been said somewhere i dont know but do you have any idea how many ecitb scaffs there is , if i were you i would find out then write a letter to an mp stating nasc and cisrs are between them making X amount of men unemployed from positions of employment for no other reason than they have ecitb cards , im sure this must raise a couple eyebrows in government surely

quick question , might already have been said somewhere i dont know but do you have any idea how many ecitb scaffs there is , if i were you i would find out then write a letter to an mp stating nasc and cisrs are between them making X amount of men unemployed from positions of employment for no other reason than they have ecitb cards , im sure this must raise a couple eyebrows in government surely

yeah you would think so wouldnt you superscaff 75. ragscaff already on to it
mate.theres a lot of scaffolders with this ticket some are getting to olde to be
bothered with it i just wished these people would come forward instead of
haveing there careers taken from under there feet.

some prob not aware of the forum and stuff, surely this is gonna create a skills shortage if not definately a experienced scaffolder shortage, is there no way of getting names and stuff from ecitb people and mailing them to inform them of forum and what its doing

i dont. think there do that mate there all joined at the hips the only time ecitb sent leters out was when it benefited them. nice bit of free advertising for ecitb then news leters up to day job vacancies ect.ohh tell a lie they sent leter out saying it was gana
seize trading not cos they went in to liquidation.cos they brought new card out called ace.which the ecitb wernt even offered.this ecitb hasent been out 3 years its been out
2 decades and more.there all takeing the piss hope they get there just deserts.

Can someone help me with this, the assessed route which i believe was over 2 weekends was this CITB or CISRS and this was withdrawn in 2006 and the ECITB withdrew there ticket in 2007 extended to dec 2010, so that option wasnt available to us anyway we had missed it by a year.:sad2:

Ok guys we all have veiws but these views have to be done in the correct manner under the correct circumstances.. this is the ecitb page and the agenda on this tread is ecitb scaffolders and how they are being sold down down the river...

The sccr will be going live soon via its own website in conjunction with the scaffolders forum , lets make love not war please...

yes even i blew the other day and appologised .. dave abs is not nasc/ cisrs . just an instructor. who is trying to send work via simain risk.

just to clarify that situation.

you can show how much you feel by joining the sccr and we will press these issues via meetings with nasc and the hse..

Just going thru the old replys to this thread and this one caught my eye the bit about Dave Abraham is not NASC/CISRS just an instructor who is trying to send work via simian-risk,
but simian risk's managing director is Simon Hughes who has been on NASC safety committee since 1997 and has been involved in many of the industry guidance safety notes and introduced cap 609A and was involved with the joint council handing over the running of CISRS to NASC , the employers voice of the council were NASC, ASITO and Simian Risk Management. so everytime new Nasc guidances are passed and futher training is required who's training school benefits from this. Surely wasnt there a conflict of intrest picked up upon at the time. surely theres a monopoly commision set up against these things:eek:

Is Nasc the only decision maker in our scaffolding industry do they make the rules, everything seems to say guidance this and guidance that but what they say goes is that correct or have i got it all wrong, if Nasc says to other companies who require scaffolding for there projects to only accept Nasc registered scaffolding companies cause they are audited and work to best practice and only use Cisrs ticketed personnel etc etc is that right they are the governing body, obviously they do have to involve the union as well, but is anyone else involved in decision making, do the Hse make the decisions and Nasc have to implement it, Can someone educate me who are the powers to be, who is the decision maker in the scaffold industry:cry:

it was obvious the ecitb where going to fxxk the scaffs the last three cards i gott from them where dated 2 years and yeh it does suck was a member of eitb since 1978 that means jack shxx now

i may be going over old ground here as i haven't read all the threads but the work at height regulations 2005 state specific training. I held a ECITB and the Pink EITB card and i never had a days training for it, it was filled in by my manager to get me out on Morecambe Bay scaffolding as i just had a CITB trainees card at the time. Hence the reason for withdrawing them as they did not comply with the law. Luckily for me Cape trained me up to Advanced CISRS. I'm not saying all these old heads are not competent but their companies have hung them out to dry. It will affect the companies as well as from September 2011 you have to have 90% CISRS Carded and 50% Part 2 or above if you are an existing member or the above now if you are applying. Cape, Palmers, SGB and Interserve will struggle.

as from September 2011 you have to have 90% CISRS Carded and 50% Part 2 or above if you are an existing member or the above now if you are applying. Cape, Palmers, SGB and Interserve will struggle.

First time I've heard this rumple, where is this coming from hse?

NASC website and anyone wanting to apply

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

if you are new to applying its 12 months retrospective as well.

First I've heard of the part 2 or above but to be honest I usually leave the paper work audit to the Mrs, I would probably need to ask her.:embarrest:

FFS why cant people just let scaffolders scaffold, where else in the Construction and Engineering industry, are the guys getting shafted like the Scaffs ?

I know the Steel erectors had a bit of a bad time, they had to stop surfing the Beams, cherry picker tkt etc, but FFS we are Scaffolders, we choose our trade, and dont want to fall or commit Hari Kari, as much as the next man.

Just leave us alone to do our jobs.

Top Bottom