Ecitb scaffs tkt

i know exactly what you mean mate ive worked all over england on power stations aswell as sites on my ecitb ticket then now theres no change over for experienced scaffolder to transfer from ecitb to cisrs so now ive just had to pay £900 to do my part 1 again which also means a big pay cut when i fineally find someone whos gonna take a part 1 on to me its pathetic and just a big money making scheme a big bag of b*******:mad:

had to do the same mate then you got 6 months till the part 2 money money money

had to do the same mate then you got 6 months till the part 2 money money money

weve had the money money money. frenchy the last 23 years mate why
should it change. the only ones with the money money money is the nasc and cisrs. like i said frenchy keep your receites m8.

ive jus dug all my reciepts out and am now in the process of e-mailing sccr at the mo cheers animal and dico for advising this and ragscaff for the e-mail cause i dont fancy paying another grand in 6 months when ive held a perfectly good ecitb card for the last 8 year

Hi understand your frustration but there is no way back ecitb is not recognised any where now, in fact should of never been introduced, it is not a recognised training structure, i know people gripe at the training courses but at least the opportunity is available to learn something unlike ecitb which in reality gave any one a card and learnt you nothing

you can get the part 1 and 2 paid for through train to gain via simian risk in warrington... on a personal note if your still employed raise this with your unions, this is what you pay them for....

Hi understand your frustration but there is no way back ecitb is not recognised any where now, in fact should of never been introduced, it is not a recognised training structure, i know people gripe at the training courses but at least the opportunity is available to learn something unlike ecitb which in reality gave any one a card and learnt you nothing

thanks for the input soulman dont no when you got your ticket mate but
whats comeing out of the trainning centres from what ive read and heard is
a complete lack of trainning and just a money maker. not all but the only
exsperianced lads that are comeing out of this course is ecitb lads that have
been pushed into paying for there course there self.

You learnt on the job :amazed: worked with scaffs from all over the country on outages and learnt from them, everyday you can learn something new, different way round things, you could have 3 sh*t hot scaffolders and the same job and they mite all build it different but it will still be right. Ive only done 90% of work as an industrial scaffolder and 10% on building sites, so i have no experience as a street scaffolder or offshore so i would be like a duck out of water for a few weeks till i picked up the pace of it. remember the first new build i did, scaff foreman asked the 3 of us that had come out of the powersation for a week same firm to strip a 2 lift scaffold from a round a house, we stripped it, stacked it all in stillages, all in sizes, fitting all in the bins, he came over later and asked where the makeups were, we just looked at him and pointed at the stillage of 5,s and the bins of doubles:confused: learnt from that one:blink1:

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

you can get the part 1 and 2 paid for through train to gain via simian risk in warrington... on a personal note if your still employed raise this with your unions, this is what you pay them for....

Spoke with Dave at simian risk and you can only get this if your in employment and it goes thru the company your working for:cry:

very good point animal. i think you hit this on the nail.most scaffolders will see this as we see this.street work is so diffrent to powerstations gas plants refinarys ect.this is what i tried to say on a earlier thread cisrs dont have a power plant in there trainning
centres.bring some lad from a trainning centre throw him some beams and a stack of tube and fittings and throw him up on the steel work with a couple of hangers thrown
in they would be stuffed.not saying all but some.its ok saying put them with exsperiance
scaffolders.these lads are suppossed to be trainned to cisrs so come on give us ecitb a
break.as for trainning and safety its been programed into us every day.for years if anything i would say more.you cant wipe your arse without a permit.theres got to be a
fair solution to this not takeing peoples careers away.

Permit to Work, Method Statement, Risk Assesment, Rescue Plan, how many people have done rescue and retrieval and learnt about suspension trauma do they teach this on your scaffold course. I blame the companies and Nasc for the predicament that ecitb scaffs are in. If Nasc want cissr ticketed scaffs only and all the companies are Nasc members and there are suppose to be audited, how come companies have got away with not sending all there workforce to be "ticketed" and have carried on until recently where some of there men didnt have the "right ticket" and have not been allowed on sites. then there laid off not enough work was told, then 3 months later there only taking on cissr ticketed scaffs. whenever asked about going on our tickets were told there wasnt enough money in the training budget.
Only from joining this forum have i found out about free training so was the company lying to us about that as well. It says it all when one of the managers leaves a company like Cape and sets up his own training school, but when he worked for Cape he wasnt sorting out the ticket problem. Just reaping the reward now.:mad:

thats a cracking point dico i was watching some lads on their advanced ticket and out of the 8 lads that were there id say there was only 2 or 3 that actually knew what was going on the rest seemed to jus labour and the jobs that were erected are jobs you would erect a thousand times on a station or refinery and as for the safety part its the same as cscs cards and passports to health and safety lol i did my 2 day 130 quid passport to health and safety course worked on coal stns for a while but then was told it was not recognised on a building site and had to do a quick touchscreen test that took no more than an hour lol why should it boil down to money money money i worked hard to empress my past supervisors to get upgraded with ecitb for it to just not be recognised surely its not quite right

well said peter half the people that slate the ecitb ticket know nothing about it

You learnt on the job :amazed: worked with scaffs from all over the country on outages and learnt from them, everyday you can learn something new, different way round things, you could have 3 sh*t hot scaffolders and the same job and they mite all build it different but it will still be right. Ive only done 90% of work as an industrial scaffolder and 10% on building sites, so i have no experience as a street scaffolder or offshore so i would be like a duck out of water for a few weeks till i picked up the pace of it. remember the first new build i did, scaff foreman asked the 3 of us that had come out of the powersation for a week same firm to strip a 2 lift scaffold from a round a house, we stripped it, stacked it all in stillages, all in sizes, fitting all in the bins, he came over later and asked where the makeups were, we just looked at him and pointed at the stillage of 5,s and the bins of doubles:confused: learnt from that one:blink1:

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Spoke with Dave at simian risk and you can only get this if your in employment and it goes thru the company your working for:cry:

I will ask Dave Abe if you can be put through the SCCR. We are registering with the CITB so I don't see why our members can not have the free training!!

Ragscaff

Thanks Ragscaff for all yours and the committees efforts. Just liked to know how many scaffs on the forum have ecitb ticket only:weird:

Thanks Ragscaff for all yours and the committees efforts. Just liked to know how many scaffs on the forum have ecitb ticket only:weird:

i will say one thing all the companys that have joined nasc all used to take
ecitb,a part from a few.lets hope department of transport dont join your be
doing your driving test every year.

i will say one thing all the companys that have joined nasc all used to take
ecitb,a part from a few.lets hope department of transport dont join your be
doing your driving test every year.

They had to join Nasc if they wanted to get any work anymore, our grandfathers fought in the war against someone that wanted to rule the world, dictatorship i think its called, there is no options open to you its there way or the highway. They sleep in the same bed i mean they work in the same building. to much hand in hand with Nasc and cisrs. no one else matters.

why is it that certain quite large firms used to swear by the ecitb ticket and upgrade scaffolders where necessary could anyone tell me the reasons that it shouldnt be recognised anymore other than the fact of money money money

the people that taught me how to scaffold were ecitb scaffolders and to be honest were great scaffolders in someways i think it was a better way of upgrading cause i had to prove my competence to get ticket upgrades and you had to be good at what you do due to the safety factors of working in power stations and oil refinerys

why is it that certain quite large firms used to swear by the ecitb ticket and upgrade scaffolders where necessary could anyone tell me the reasons that it shouldnt be recognised anymore other than the fact of money money money

the people that taught me how to scaffold were ecitb scaffolders and to be honest were great scaffolders in someways i think it was a better way of upgrading cause i had to prove my competence to get ticket upgrades and you had to be good at what you do due to the safety factors of working in power stations and oil refinerys

Pete you learnt off other scaffolders not the firms, youve been shafted like the rest of us, yes we earnt money but we cant anymore cause the so called major companys have shafted us. if they want to win contracts they have to be part of nasc, they are the one that everyone listens to. they all bowed down to them. no one fought them they were spineless, unions were a joke. i am going to log off cause ive had a drink and so fucked off with it all. my apologies to the forum.:mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom