Ecitb scaffs tkt

Have u joined yet tho ????
If you do il get you half price dvd from matt the dog

Only have a laptop and not that brilliant on it so have downloaded form and sent it to her in doors work computer, to print it off and then form and cheque will be in post:bigsmile:

i'll pass on the dvd from the dog:blink1:

Your not wrong there dangeruss, want to thank everyone for there comments and for all the help of the SCCR committee in taking it a step futher and trying to address the situation. Just hope everyone will fill out an application and support the SCCR in helping all scaffolders in being heard not just ECITB. They need all our support if they are going to succeed.:noworry:

Do i get a prize for this being the top thread:nuts: Maybe a job offer:eek:

You can have a job with me anytime mate!! Let me know :nuts:

Your not wrong there dangeruss, want to thank everyone for there comments and for all the help of the SCCR committee in taking it a step futher and trying to address the situation. Just hope everyone will fill out an application and support the SCCR in helping all scaffolders in being heard not just ECITB. They need all our support if they are going to succeed.:noworry:

Do i get a prize for this being the top thread:nuts: Maybe a job offer:eek:

thx mate people such as yourself gives us the drive to move forward and keep going .. NOW HOW MANY MORE ARE COMING......

A mate of mine phoned me this morning, he has the old CITB Advanced card the reason being he was working in South Africa. He has phoned to find out about the CISRS card and they said he would have to start all over again, not bad for a guy who has been scaffolding for 30 years. Any help or advice please thanks Oldscaff.

Na 3 Scaffs that I Know have been told from NASC that all they need do is re/apply for there CISRS Advanced card.
as long as they are regersterd under CITB they can have the same equivalent card
these lads have been advanced since late 1970,s good steady lads and still put out up!
well respected.

A mate of mine phoned me this morning, he has the old CITB Advanced card the reason being he was working in South Africa. He has phoned to find out about the CISRS card and they said he would have to start all over again, not bad for a guy who has been scaffolding for 30 years. Any help or advice please thanks Oldscaff.
You have to re apply for the new style card, do a health and safety touch screen test send in your money and you have the new card for 5 years. simples no need for re-training or nvq's

Totally right Dangeruss or if you have a Safety passport Which Has ECITB stamped all over the back this will be sufficient
Interesting that they are recognizing the ECITB for this one EH

Thanks for that lads, ill let him know i thought he might have to do something like that but wasnt sure.

Oldscaff,

I was in the same boat but was told I have to sit the touch screen test and then apply for a new card as they have records of my training dates, all at a cost of course.
I think a chimpanzee could pass the health and safety test.

What I dont understand about the withdrawal of the ECITB tickets - they are being revoked because the new Working at Height Regulations require training and the ECITB were given on experience , when new regulations for driving 7.5t lorries were introduced they started from that date,anyone before then can still drive them why cant existing ECITB tickets remain valid. Maybe the companies who provide 7.5t lorry training do not hold quite the same monopoly.

yes and when they found out the cost. they would have said you pay for it and we will re-inburse you when you get a job....
no courses normally unless you have been signing on for 6 mths.
This country is backwards in some ways...NO body wants to be out of work... Personally they have blamed the banks for this recession .... in america BP are having to fund everything including loss of buisness for the oil leak SO WHY ISNT THIS HAPPENING HERE.There quick in taking those charges....
Hi mate, am new to forum and hold ECITB, i have just read Mr Moselys mail and he states in it that ECITB card holders were contacted by their unions in respect of being contacted about any difficulties with the card and companies accepting them. I have been in the T & G or now UNITE for a lot of years, when i called into see them in Southampton two years ago the local trade Rep did not know of the situation, let alone the consequences for all ECITB lads. As you know companies will not send mainly older ECITB lads away on courses without under 25s government funding. The end result being firms not being able to put us on site, so lay offs and being put on the scrap heap is the end result. I think Mr Mosely should be reminded that the training came to us at top notch training centres such as ESSO, Fawley refinery and cant get much better than that and did a five years time same as an electrician.Also a lot of Riggers did their time under ECITB, can Mr Mosely tell us why they have not had to do their time all over again, they work at height do they not if the working at height Regs seem to be the deciding factor why we are not being given the new cards.
Best Rregards
Roy
PS will i get some sort of card if i join SCCR and will it be recognised on all sites by all main contractors, or is the £10 fee just admin.

The £10 sccr fee is for admin charges only , we are giving all our time free to help all of you. But we will be charging for travel fee's to meetings and thats all.

The more full members we have the more people will take notice that we are not going to go away.

The more in the kitty we have then we can start funding ECITB scaffs with training costs as a intrest free loan.

Last edited:
Hi mate, am new to forum and hold ECITB, i have just read Mr Moselys mail and he states in it that ECITB card holders were contacted by their unions in respect of being contacted about any difficulties with the card and companies accepting them. I have been in the T & G or now UNITE for a lot of years, when i called into see them in Southampton two years ago the local trade Rep did not know of the situation, let alone the consequences for all ECITB lads. As you know companies will not send mainly older ECITB lads away on courses without under 25s government funding. The end result being firms not being able to put us on site, so lay offs and being put on the scrap heap is the end result. I think Mr Mosely should be reminded that the training came to us at top notch training centres such as ESSO, Fawley refinery and cant get much better than that and did a five years time same as an electrician.Also a lot of Riggers did their time under ECITB, can Mr Mosely tell us why they have not had to do their time all over again, they work at height do they not if the working at height Regs seem to be the deciding factor why we are not being given the new cards.
Best Rregards
Roy
PS will i get some sort of card if i join SCCR and will it be recognised on all sites by all main contractors, or is the £10 fee just admin.

hello roywhit. hello to the forum m8.myself and animal and many others are
in the same boat.mate with a lot of support from most people on the forum.exspecially ragscaff,and the sccr.once its up and running.as for unite
my self and animal are going to ave a chat at the next meeting at the end
of the month.reguarding this ticket issue even capes are in talks with this ticket issue.to there departments .so no one nos where its going as such
lets hope it gets sorted.cause its gana cost someone a lot of £££££££.

Animal pm me with a email address and i'll forward you a presentation pack to print of aswell. Which will give you all more details of what is happening.

Last edited:
To the SCCR commitee would i be wrong if i emailed a couple of my old supervisors with the membership form so they can print off some for some of my fellow scaffs ? :idea: Some mite not of heard along the grapevine of the forum and with some not into modern technology and dont posses a computer or laptop. Dont want infringe any rules or regs:confused:

For this to work we need as many members and companies behind us as possible. So then we can tackle the NASC. Police department who ever they are. Personally I thought the HSE was the police force.

The more funding = more help for you guys...,,,,

Just want to refresh this thread back to front page. All you guys out there please please support the SCCR in there work in what there trying to achieve for not only the ECITB scaffolders but all scaffolders in the country. These chances dont come along very often in life and we have to take full advantage of this. To be able to have a say and input in our industry how brilliant would that be. Not just suits telling us what they think is best procedure for us to work to, when most of them have never turned a spanner in there life. We can all walk around site with our Hi Vis jacket, hard hat, safety boots and safety glasses on, with clip board in our hands and find faults all day long, niggley little things half the time. How many times have you been told to put your glasses on, try working in them doing manuel work, sweating having them steam up, drizzle of rain you cant see out of them, but this is one of the things among many that we have to endure cause some suits brought it in, yes its probaley has saved some peoples sight when near people grinding, or a dusty area, or when your striking a brickies lift, when is it when we put the scaffold up the boards are clean and when you come to strike there covered in sh*t somehow other trades never clean up after themselves brickies,laggers and fitters, how many nuts and bolts get left on lifts, grips my sh*t and as for that itchy scratchy lagging stuff you can keep it. Anyway im digressing, the things is we can have more of an input on some of things, yeh its not going to change things overnite but a least we get to voice our opion and someone has to listen to it. Lets get behind the SCCR. Do it today:blink1:

if it was a data base why did these ticket last over 26 years and why did ecitb send out
news leters advertising jobs which were happening cisrs has only been going 30 years.
apart from the trainning .not the exsperiance not a lot of diffrence on the established
front.

Top Bottom