Transoms next to standards and incomplete signs

like i said earlier bri - with the updated sg4:10 all lifts technically if we are to erect to the rules would be working lifts ,as it states we have to erect from a fully broarded and single handrailed lift, only the boards get raised so the 300mm rule wouldnt necessarily be a prob unlike the old 2 brd run with 1 tranny to a set of stds;)

Good point, I heard that they wanted boards to remain on every lift as well initially... can you imagine how many extra boards all the jobs would need if that were the case :amazed:

that was a no go from the start due to the weight limitations of the scaffold and would have ment that evey scaffold fell outside og the basic desighn of TG20 and into the desighn remit...but your right,more work for us but i bet they wouldn't wanna pay for it lolo

What difference does it make,next to standard or not?? Seen so many jobs where trannie setting is the least of the problems.

Interesting first post. Welcome to the forum.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

What difference does it make,next to standard or not?? Seen so many jobs where trannie setting is the least of the problems.

If they are on singles I cant see it making any difference at all.

Ultimatately, all the load is carried by the standards,including trannies/ledgers boards people plant,so if someone can explain the importance of trannie setting, im all ears:cool:

eh, is it not so you can call a node a node. If it was more than 300mm then it couldn't be considered a node.:cool:

millsys doubles all the way on ledgers and trasoms on standards,only singles for intermediate trannies job will be strong as!!!

Think aom's hit the nail on the head. How can you confidently plumb a standard if the tranny's a foot or whatever from them?

Not something you hear often.:noworry:

Unless of course, there's Aberdeens, in which case put the trannies wherever the f@ck you want.

As long as they're supporting the boards, of course.

Why is this thread of mine being resurrected? We got bored of this one ages ago.

Some guy posted the following:

and the thread was resurrected.:laugh:

He must've gone back a long way to find this old gem, this was last summer wasn't it? Must've been back on page 10!

And before anyone asks..... NO I HAVE STILL NOT HAD THE BREAKY BOUGHT FOR ME :mad::mad:

Maybe edit your first post then, you mention 400. Did you solve the mystery of the signs as well?

Did you solve the mystery of the signs as well?

That was something I did not know, as I was told by a rather round individual that an incomplete sign was a legal requirement (implying its an offence by law not to have one) so I wanted to know if that was actually true. Someone on here did say it was required by law but not sure how that applies. He's quite obsessive with these signs, as soon as the 'goalpost' of a scaffold goes up, a sign has to be put on it. Even if you're stood there putting it up.

As far as I know there is a requirement to erect proper signage and barriers but what exactly that means is up for debate and risk assessment. Everyone has their thing, maybe he got shafted for having poor or none in the past.

Top Bottom