Scaffolding Association Roadshows

I would expect these are the bridges you refer to set up a health and safety company Cotswold Safety Solutions Ltd | Health and Safety Service then set up a trade association and sell your health and safety company to the fools that have joined . Took a look at the SA website no key targets & objectives are set out , links back to CISRS training ( we all know this is NASC run) . So what are they actually offering/ what do you get for your membership fee. Is it a join and hope things change ???

Theres 2 things i dont quite understand in this post- are you insinuating that the SA is a potential scam & also why would the SA ask you for input when Robert Candy obviously having owned his own H&S consultancy & before that been a director of another would have the relevent knowledge required rather than the necessity to ask you for yours.
Its obvious from your posts on this thread that you have issues with other members so why after deleting your previous account would you want to come back to a forum that you have so much distaste for

Because he's special

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

And they've shut down the Gary Glitter fan club.

Hi All,

Thought I would add a little to this thread.

I left the forum as Ragscaff due to the connection with the SCCR.

The SCCR was started to gain a level playing field, the reason I started the SCCR was because I started my own company. We employed scaffolders & worked labour only. Business was good & I was able to put time into the SCCR. I treid to join the NASC but was told that I could not, I wanted to join an Industry body. The only one turned its back on me so I formed the SCCR.

I managed to have meetings with the HSE, we had input to SG guidance, we got an extension to the ECITB issue, I have had meetings & conversations with a lot of the main players in the Industry clients & scaffolding companies.

Both want a change. Yes 90% of the committee members over the three years did not do what they said they would do, this put a big strain on those who did. One of the main reasons the SCCR did not work.

As far as I am concerned we did a lot for a few angry scaffolders bored in the evenings on computers. As I see it the SA has money in place, a management team in place, new members every day they will continue what we started & will succeed.

Personally I nearly lost my wife twice in the last two years & did lose my father. I do get a bit upset when people come on here just to put people down for no real reason other than they are jealous. That is way the SCCR was removed from the forum a while ago, it used to full of people trying to help each other. Now its full of people waiting to have a dig. Admin you should know who as more than 1 ID can you not sort this out!!!!

Now I am no longer a Chairman of an association I can say what I think without considering the repercussions.

If double standards is Ian mills then this is for you if not sorry Ian.

Yes Ian joined as a supplier member, no he did not have a shiny membership card he had a laminated certificate. He was for a short time Health & Safety Officer, attended one WWT event promoting his safety services then resigned shortly afterwards. This was a known fact to current members at the time & was e-mailed to the membership.

My Id is BATM which is my scaffold firm.

Ragscaff

Last edited:
Firstly....welcome back fella...
Secondly.....a superb explanation, i tried joining a couple of months ago but couldn't log on, i agreed with your issues and your plans towards the scaffold industry. Yes there is a few back stabbers and jealous twa.ts out there, but there is more like myself and swifty, fredrik and others i've forgot, that would like to see a proper organization to look after the scaffs themselves not just companies like the nasc..

All the best with your own firm regscaff.....and again welcome back.

Welcome to the Forum batm;)

Den the SA is At the moment for companies large, medium, one man bands whoever, they (So I'm told) are looking at individual membership at a later stage.
You need the companies on board to have any chance of improving things.

The one thing I would agree with DS is the sccr didnt have enough experienced people on board to drive it. I would count myself in as part of the 90% that didnt pull their weight.Respect to the 10%,without naming, I know who you are.
All working men we found it difficult to find the time or direction especially when all you read on the forum was derogatory comments. I could never understand this as why shouldnt working men have a say in changes pushed on them.Why should timed served scaffs have to start again because it was the wrong ticket,how can courses be run that few fail? Stewart put thousands of his own money in to this and thousands of hours such was his belief. No financial gain or reward.Then suffers torrents of abuse (and snide comments still coming from never do well Pric.ks.To me, unfucking believable.!!! No wonder the games fuc.ked.!!
The Scaff association is coming. They are well prepared and on their way. Good luck to them.

The one thing I would agree with DS is the sccr didnt have enough experienced people on board to drive it. I would count myself in as part of the 90% that didnt pull their weight.Respect to the 10%,without naming, I know who you are.
All working men we found it difficult to find the time or direction especially when all you read on the forum was derogatory comments. I could never understand this as why shouldnt working men have a say in changes pushed on them.Why should timed served scaffs have to start again because it was the wrong ticket,how can courses be run that few fail? Stewart put thousands of his own money in to this and thousands of hours such was his belief. No financial gain or reward.Then suffers torrents of abuse (and snide comments still coming from never do well Pric.ks.To me, unfucking believable.!!! No wonder the games fuc.ked.!!
The Scaff association is coming. They are well prepared and on their way. Good luck to them.

;And the flock as arrived
So people have a different opinion, but 10 regular pricks that post on a forum cause they have got nowt better in their lives is sad. Good look changing the world in your internet world PS Stewart get your facts right SSS May have been a member but not me personally. I.think I stuck my £10 membership on aliens landing.

Last edited:
So is Double-Standards Ian Mills ?

Looks like it. He doesnt know who he is himself. pt 2 9years,advanced 28yrs???lol. Im sure he was a failed moderator as well. Couldnt handle pressure from the 10 saddo regulars now come back to haunt them. sad carnt really

Anyway back to the Scaffold Association, go along to one of their Road Shows and make your own opinions.

Think the sccr boys were the sacrificial lamb, lessons learned and experience gained from there time and effort put in and much appreciated by me personally,

Think if the sa is a closed club at 250 a pop I dont think individual scaffs will get the representation they need,they could rectify this by individual membership costing say 50 quid, obviously the 250 membership could cover firms.

Theirs a huge grey area nasc exploits , the line between law and guidance, to expect blokes to be held accountable and prosecuted for not following their guidance is bllshit as they do not include everyone,

I believe that is the wedge that needs to be driven between the hse and nasc , if the sa do that and represent the blokes on the ground then im signing up, get your sh1t together sa , the times right to light the fuse !

Think your opinion is a valid one ds but im with sp on this, money does not have to be the main deciding factor, the mess nasc have created for their own ends just needs to be exploited, let the hse pay for it with scaffs guidance, govn regulated and designed would make the card mean something and would carry some weight .

Last edited:
Fred , swiftly and Phillious could all get together and develop a new form of technical guidance , they have been on the forum for years and gained great experience from others teachings , Phillious as now adopted my old signature , swiftly as tried to adopt the biggest thread I started on the forum by starting his own word association , oh this place is desperate for a hero . Quick swiftly start a sheep thread for your followers ,

cheers for that ds
i thought my lack of scaffolding knowledge and religious bigotry may have got slandered.;)

Fred , swiftly and Phillious could all get together and develop a new form of technical guidance , they have been on the forum for years and gained great experience from others teachings , Phillious as now adopted my old signature , swiftly as tried to adopt the biggest thread I started on the forum by starting his own word association , oh this place is desperate for a hero . Quick swiftly start a sheep thread for your followers ,

"People gaining experience from others teachings?". Surely you mean people gaining knowledge from others teachings? Well really whatever next.
The whole point of teaching is to give other people knowledge although most of my old teachers would say they wasted their time.
People were not born health and safety experts they gleaned all their knowledge from others in the same way people were not born holding a spanner. That is why the majority of health and safety experts can only say something is unsafe they can not come up with a solution to a problem.
Experience can not be taught it can only be earned.
The forum is a great vehicle for exchanging opinions and knowledge. I myself regularly exchange relevant information with forum members.
As for philious and the signature and swiftly and the sheep association thread surely you know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Your right Ian,I have learnt a lot on the forum,I have no gripe with you or Pip.I only question someones remarks. Im not qualified to teach tho I have passed advise and knowledge in most aspects of building as that is my proffesion now days.
In conversation myself Swifty and Phil have gained a lot of knowledge on this forum. For me its like coming home and just soaking it all up.
The sccr is gone were gone so would, rather just go back to sharing your thoughts and knowledge now.
I enjoy word association,:sad:sort of fills a gap,gets you thinking and what fun if you can sort of lead someone in to the next word,:Dand now theres 5 associations to choose from. One is just plain boring.Every association needs competition. All about choices.:unsure:;)
Excellent post hswt.you are quite the diplomat.

Top Bottom