Scaffolding Association Roadshows

You've lost any credibility that you may have had Double-Standards.

Why , because I have a different opinion from the majority. Your problem is that you feel you need to be part of a clique, weren't you a member of the SCCR , what did you personally ever achieve there, now you feel the need to join the SA what are you going to achieve there then. As I have said they don't seem to have set any objectives and targets , no action plan set out on their website. Are you a collector of shiney membership cards. Why are you personally wanting to join , what changes are you HOPING they will come up with. As for losing any credibility I think we all heard how good you were at your job on a previous thread (kettle and pot).

Why , because I have a different opinion from the majority. Your problem is that you feel you need to be part of a clique, weren't you a member of the SCCR , what did you personally ever achieve there, now you feel the need to join the SA what are you going to achieve there then. As I have said they don't seem to have set any objectives and targets , no action plan set out on their website. Are you a collector of shiney membership cards. Why are you personally wanting to join , what changes are you HOPING they will come up with. As for losing any credibility I think we all heard how good you were at your job on a previous thread (kettle and pot).

I empathise with you Double-Standards. It is not easy being outside the gang. Life as an outlaw can be lonely and unforgiving. Too many people these days just want to be part of the group and run with the herd. History is full of persecuted minorities whose only crime is not to toe the line of the majority.
My good friend phil181 is one of those. He is often castigated on here for his way of life and beliefs.

I empathise with you Double-Standards. It is not easy being outside the gang. Life as an outlaw can be lonely and unforgiving. Too many people these days just want to be part of the group and run with the herd. History is full of persecuted minorities whose only crime is not to toe the line of the majority.
My good friend phil181 is one of those. He is often castigated on here for his way of life and beliefs.

I agree HSWT :D but Phil does at least live in the real world and doesn't tend to be a sheep or shiney membership card collector

The Scaffolding Association as being run as a not for profit organisation.

I believe it will be their intention to offer suitable accreditation and training, other than CISRS. At the moment, they can only refer to CISRS and TG whatevers because that is all that's out there.

I think the SCCR had very good intention but all the naysayers and lack of support within your own industry, plus the amount of time and energy it takes to try and get something like that off the ground, whilst trying to earn a living, well, you get the picture.

The SA seems to want to collaborate across the industry and we can sit here writing back and forth all day, and reading websites, but in my opinion it's always best to get the facts from the origin. It's a few hours out of your day, you get fed and tea'd, have a chance to meet and talk with others in the industry and to the main people...

The meeting has a full Q&A session so you could go along and ask directly all those worrying concerns you have... jeeez, I'm not even a scaffolder but we took the time to go and become members because we believe this association might well have what's needed to make your industry a more level playing field for everyone and help us with something we are trying to do for scaffolders too.

And yes, as mentioned, I have tried to get a meeting with David Mosley and the NASC and apart from Robin James (the MD) (during a telephone conversation) insisting that I had already been along 2 years ago and met with them, despite my protesting that I haven't and sure I'd have remembered :mad:, it's been a fruitless dead end, which does kind of indicate that they are not that concerned with the plight of the individual scaff (as you all knew anyway!)

Last edited:
Double standards ,are you a part 2 9 years experience or advanced 28 years. I suppose the key is in your chosen username.

Ian, I thought you were never coming back on here?

Will you be deleting all your posts again and threatening to shut the Forum with legal action if someone upsets you like last time or will you grow some balls?

The reason you have no credibility on here is because you have pretended to be someone you're not, purely for your own aims.

Why do I want my employers to join the Scaffold Association?
Simple, I feel it will help me win work and in doing so will help keep myself and our scaffs in employment, it will also make it easier to access any information that I may need to show our customers and many other reasons that I do not need to justify to a slime ball like you.

We don't want to be members of the NASC but also realise that you need to be a member of a Trade Association, what else is there?

As for pot calling the kettle black don't make me laugh.

Well you had your chance of your trade body with the SCCR, in fact were you not on the committee ???? . What did you achieve there , did you personally bring anything to the table it seems not your all talk.
You don't seem to have a clue about the industry you work in and im not talking scaffolding in general the CONSTRUCTION industry. Its dog eat dog and what ever was going through your minds thinking NASC was ever going to speak to you I don't know. NASC is a brand why FFS would they want to be interested in anyone taking a piece of their cake. Theres a lot of the committee been blaming everyone on here for not joining when the true failing comes down to YOU HAD NOTHING TO OFFER THE INDUSTRY OR Didn't have a clue how to go about implementing your ideas.
Personally Stewart is a good guy the problem was he surrounded himself with inexperience and that's been proved in their failings.

Ian you're full of poison and obviously suffering from dementia. One day we will meet and discuss this like gentlemen.
Bring your chum too.

I have to say that if a Johnny come lately safety man is masquerading as a scaffolder then it really is the thin end of the wedge.
This is the scaffolders forum not the I have done a safety and scaffolding course cos I thought it will be an earner forum.

To be fair HSWT I do still do a bit on the tools on the odd weekend. I was just giving Swiftly a bit of his own medicine but it seems he's a giver and not a taker :)

Well you had your chance of your trade body with the SCCR, in fact were you not on the committee ???? . What did you achieve there , did you personally bring anything to the table it seems not your all talk.
You don't seem to have a clue about the industry you work in and im not talking scaffolding in general the CONSTRUCTION industry. Its dog eat dog and what ever was going through your minds thinking NASC was ever going to speak to you I don't know. NASC is a brand why FFS would they want to be interested in anyone taking a piece of their cake. Theres a lot of the committee been blaming everyone on here for not joining when the true failing comes down to YOU HAD NOTHING TO OFFER THE INDUSTRY OR Didn't have a clue how to go about implementing your ideas.
Personally Stewart is a good guy the problem was he surrounded himself with inexperience and that's been proved in their failings.

I seem to remember a certain person and Ian Mills who joined the SCCR Safety Committee.
What I don't remember is you ever doing anything other than slag Simian, the NASC and anyone else you thought would get in the way of your failed company. Now you spend your days tonguing their arses.
Big ideas and no business sense you pair of muppets.

The SCCR wasn't formed to promote your pathetic attempts at making a couple of quid.
If you were any good at your job you wouldn't be working on the tools at weekends you clown.

Last edited:
I seem to remember a certain Steve Gregory and Ian Mills who joined the SCCR Safety Committee.
Won't I don't remember is you ever doing anything other than slag Simian, the NASC and anyone else you thought would get in the way of your failed company. Now you spend your days tonguing their arses.
Big ideas and no business sense you pair of muppets.

The SCCR wasn't formed to promote your pathetic attempts at making a couple of quid.
If you were any good at your job you wouldn't be working on the tools at weekends you clown.

Check with Stewart I never joined the committee, so as per fecking wrong again sheep. Where I work at weekends is feck all to do with you and doesn't reflect on my expertise pr1ck. Now run along to the cabin and get your men to work thick tw@t.

I did check with Stewart he thinks you're a parasite too.

Its dog eat dog and what ever was going through your minds thinking NASC was ever going to speak to you I don't know. NASC is a brand why FFS would they want to be interested in anyone taking a piece of their cake.

I agree, Adidas would not invite Gola, Hi Tec or Turbo Bumper Slippers and ask them if they wanted to join forces and cream the benefits of their last advertising campaign Ie TG20 etc

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I have to say that if a Johnny come lately safety man is masquerading as a scaffolder then it really is the thin end of the wedge.
This is the scaffolders forum not the I have done a safety and scaffolding course cos I thought it will be an earner forum.

We shall now be known as http://www.Neboshsafetymanforum.com

Top Bottom