Scaffolding Association Roadshows

We spoke to a couple of guys outside from an ex NASC company who will also probably join up.

They will be able to make a direct comparison between associations.

Was there any talk on their objectives and time frames for putting them in place , surely this was discussed

Yes this did concern people. The trouble is, with all new things, it will take time and members to get things put into place.

They have good connections with HSE and with enough members they can then be asked to be on committee where safety and other matters are discussed.

Best thing is go to a roadshow if you can or some information is on the website.

I've just had the information reguarding membership back & it appears the assoc membership is £250+ vat -doesnt seem too much considering nasc is nearly £1500 up front for no guarentee of a membership.
Although a little cynical of what could be achieved considering the stranglehold the nasc has over the industry i am going to the dartford venue on the 8th oct to find out.
People moan about the nasc but without even trying to start an alternative & giving them support, we will only have ourselves to blame as an industry allowing them to dictate to us for their own financial gain

They will have more company members than the NASC very soon, maybe even before TG20:13 hits the streets of uptown Croydon.
Or Scaffmag for us lesser folks.

Are they going to produce their own guidance notes & become a alternative to the nasc or push the NASCs.sg & tg without the higher fees

Are they going to produce their own guidance notes & become a alternative to the nasc or push the NASCs.sg & tg without the higher fees

From what I understand all information that the NASC charge for (And more) will be available to members F.O.C.
Remember the NASC will charge you for documents taken from the H.S.E. website if you're daft enough.
When they get 250 members they will be in a position to update guidance if it's required.

That's what I've been told.

Did you go alone Swifty?

Yes

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Don,t think nasc will let them provide their technical guidance notes for free

I'm sure they are aware of copyright laws and have a way around it. I didn't mean you get a copy of TG whatever when you join.

Right there DH, what sort of body writes guidance for any industry and refuses access.
HSE should understand this!!

Would have come up if I'de known.

Last edited:
They do Fred and have for a long time.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

They also stated that they appreciate the work done by other Industry Organizations even though when offered the NASC declined to meet them.
Where have we heard that before?

I have a health and safety background I have also been contacted by mr candy to offer advice

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Right there DH, what sort of body writes guidance for any industry and refuses access.
HSE should understand this!!

Would have come up if I'de known.

TG20 obviously cost a substantial amount to write why should they offer their services for free, do you put scaffold up free of charge

I have a health and safety background I have also been contacted by mr candy to offer advice

Are you offering advice?

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

TG20 obviously cost a substantial amount to write why should they offer their services for free, do you put scaffold up free of charge

You can't bleat on about H&S and then refuse people access to supposed best practice.
Not everyone wants to be an NASC member, it doesn't mean they're no good.

Thats a surprise. I know,silly Q. Anyone from HS there?

Sorry swifty replying to this quote,

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Are you offering advice?

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

You can't bleat on about H&S and then refuse people access to supposed best practice.
Not everyone wants to be an NASC member, it doesn't mean they're no good.

TG20 isn't a health and safety document it is technical guidance so more a quality document. NASC are a business nothing comes free in this world

And I am willing to offer advice but my time doesn't come free we all have a living to make

It is meant to be Industry Best Practice, are you getting involved with the SA?

Top Bottom